Topical Dutasteride Case Assessment Thread

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, this stuff is definitely not for me. I took dutasteride for several weeks a while ago and noticed some chest tenderness and quit. Now after only a few weeks of this .05 topical(murray apothecary), same thing and now the top of the nipple on 1 side is really red and inflamed looking(also looks like some discharge because my shirt has a stain there). Years of finasteride has given me some mild gyno, but never anything like that. Coincidentally, the gyno is mostly on the same side as this irritated spot. So much for not going as systemic. Crazy that I had an even stronger reaction doing a few once a week applications compared to once a week oral for a bit longer than that. F that, never touching again

Last edited:

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
for the first 7 months I was using murray avenues apothecary topical dutasteride once weekly and used it orally 0.5mg day hair got thinner, but its weird how it could spike T so much that I would go bald from it, my T isnt naturally high to begin with its actually on the lower side. DHT is worse for hair than T, my scalp itch on front and hairline even vanished while on a heavy dutasteride regiment and my shedding in shower eventually went down to 3-4 hairs from 35-50. so doubt scalp T is nuking my hair. I probably have another cause for my thinning hair than simply DHT/T, it could be many reasons. for one my hair has been growing super slow for years despite having THICK hair strands it just wont grow long in certain places anymore.
But did your hai thicken up?
I am 8 months on dutasteride and my hair is thinner, i am below baseline and my regrowth is SUPER thin. On finas my hairgrowth was thicker...
Thinking about switching back

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
But did your hai thicken up?
I am 8 months on dutasteride and my hair is thinner, i am below baseline and my regrowth is SUPER thin. On finas my hairgrowth was thicker...
Thinking about switching back
Im not too bad. Bit thinner but without dutasteride i would have very thin hair today. My hairline looks the same and front 1,2 years later. One guy messaged me and said he thinned out for 2 years on dutasteride but then hair got thick...i cant even tolerate fina so cant even use it but dutasteride has shown in trials to grow more hair than fina so dont make any sense what you say.

Last edited:

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not too bad. Bit thinner but without dutasteride i would have very thin hair today. My hairline looks the same and front 1,2 years later. One guy messaged me and said he thinned out for 2 years on dutasteride but then hair got thick...i cant even tolerate fina so cant even use it but dutasteride has shown in trials to grow more hair than fina so dont make any sense what you say.
Thing is. For me Finasteride was great and dutasteride thinned me out like crazy. I stopped shedding hundreds of hairs but it seems i am shedding 200/300+ hairs again a day