Tissuse And J. Hewitt: Smart Hair Transplant Trial In 2019!

nameless2

Established Member
My Regimen
Because Shiseido still hope to release RCH-01 at some point. They haven't stopped working on it.

But with Shiseido's poor RCH-01 results doesn't it seem like Shiseido should throw in the towel on RCH-01 and maybe give TissUse's technology a try instead? After all, it's being alleged that TissUse is so effective that Shiseido won't allow any of the cell companies in Asia trial it because Shiseido wants a Shiseido cell-based hair therapy to come to market first.

Last edited:

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
But with Shiseido's latest poor results with RCH-01 doesn't it seem like they should throw in the towel on RCH-01 and maybe give TissUse a try instead, since it's being alleged that TissUse is so good that Shiseido won't let any of the cell companies in Asia trial it.
Yup they're going back to the drawing board a bit but they are still intent on releasing something.

They can't just buy up Tissuse cos they feel like it, they'd have to acquire the license from J Hewitt (with Tissuse's approval) who managed to alienate the Japanese market for cell processing centers by being a piece of sh*t in contract negotiations.

NoMoney

Established Member
My Regimen
"Do you mean TissUse or J Hewitt? JH is still active and working towards the goal of a clinical trial, D1, as of this month."

the admin of follicletought. I hope that's true this time.

nameless2

Established Member
My Regimen
Yup they're going back to the drawing board a bit but they are still intent on releasing something.

They can't just buy up Tissuse cos they feel like it, they'd have to acquire the license from J Hewitt (with Tissuse's approval) who managed to alienate the Japanese market for cell processing centers by being a piece of sh*t in contract negotiations.

How do you know that J. Hewitt was the piece of sh*t in contract negotiations? The story told by "Follicle Thought" is that one of the demands of the cell processing center J. Hewitt was negotiating with wanted Hewitt/Tissuse to let that cell company have the technology so they could market it too. If that's true then it was the cell company that was being a piece of sh*t, not Hewitt. That having been said I don't know if Hewitt is telling the truth about that and I think Hewitt's claim sounds odd, out of the ordinary, improbable. I'm curious if you've found some proof that it was actually Hewitt that was being the piece of sh*t?

Last edited:

nameless2

Established Member
My Regimen
"Do you mean TissUse or J Hewitt? JH is still active and working towards the goal of a clinical trial, D1, as of this month."

the admin of follicletought. I hope that's true this time.

Are you saying that J. Hewitt is now saying he'll start a clinical trial by December 1 this year? I just searched Follicle Thought's updates about J. Hewitt and I couldn't find any updates after April 2020 and that update only says that J. Hewitt is still trying to get a trial started but it doesn't give any potential start date. And it doesn't say that they have an agreement with a cell company.

Last edited:

nameless2

Established Member
My Regimen
Because Shiseido still hope to release RCH-01 at some point. They haven't stopped working on it.

Yes, it looks like they're still focusing on RCH-01 but their results are sh!t so I think they're wasting time on it.

Last edited:

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Are you saying that J. Hewitt is now saying he'll start a clinical trial by December 1 this year? I just searched Follicle Thought's updates about J. Hewitt and I couldn't find any updates after April 2020 and that update only says that J. Hewitt is still trying to get a trial started but it doesn't give any potential start date. And it doesn't say that they have an agreement with a cell company.
No. The quote from follicle thought is in the latest way article in the comments. It just menas hewitt is stil trying... nothing more unfortunatly

nameless2

Established Member
My Regimen
No. The quote from follicle thought is in the latest way article in the comments. It just menas hewitt is stil trying... nothing more unfortunatly

Throwaway94 believes that J. Hewitt screwed things up by being a piece-of-sh*t during negotiations. I'm thinking throwaway94 might be right because not only did he lose the cell-company he already had lined up to work with but he also can't seem to get another cell company to work with him. I think TissUse should move on from J. Hewitt since he may have messed negotiations up so bad that no cell company will work with him.

werefckd

My Regimen
So Dr. Tsuji, lower your price or get fucked of Tissuse/ J. Hewitt :D

https://www.folliclethought.com/j-hewitt-to-trial-hair-multiplication-in-2019/

J. Hewitt to trial hair multiplication in 2019.

CEO Dr. Jon Knight: " We will start with 5 Japanese patients - maybe three men an two women or four men and just one woman but only Japanes subjects. We are planning by December of 2019 to start. If successful, SHT can be offered to patients around the world who would come to Japan, have hair biopsies, and then return in 45 days for injection of the Neo-papilla. So we will know this year I believe SHT is a viable treatment. It will not take years like REPLICEL/Shiseido or Tsuji, etc. it will be much sooner."
and here we are, 1 year later and nothing came out of it. not even an update.

werefckd

My Regimen
If this was the case and you could launch a stem cell therapy with a single phase trial and 13 participants, Shiseido should have launched their product in 2018, yet here we are, 4 years have passed and we are still waiting.
Maybe they don't launch their therapy not because of lack of permission, but because the trials are showing their product is sh*t and doesn't work.

werefckd

My Regimen
Follicle Thought
March 4, 2020

Update on J Hewitt SHT Trial

So, I’ve heard from J Hewitt CEO Jon Knight today who reached out to me by email after reading some of the comments here.

He too, like everyone else is disappointed by the disruption of the projected trial timeline. But, he’s still pursuing the goal of a SHT trial in Japan and wanted me to reiterate a few things here.

For starters. most people are unaware that Jon Knight/J Hewitt literally invented PRP/Vampire Filler as an aesthetic treatment in Japan in 2005, this was verified in a court case which took place in 2019 involving two other British companies. Knight wanted to emphasize this in response to particular comments which were undermining the caliber of his company. To be fair, that treatment has now created billions of dollars in the aesthetic medicine industry. Not everyone has that on their resume.

Knight also told me that early on he had interest from 3 Cell Processing Center companies to do the trial, so, naturally he did not feel he was being too optimistic with a projected December trial date. He actually thought September was possible if not for the back-and-forth legal discussions. Knight also tells me that he feels some companies in Japan have turned him down because they did not want to be seen as helping a competitor to the big local cosmetic companies. Something to think about. I’ve mentioned it previously, but J Hewitt is a private company, is not stock listed, and literally gains no financial value for making announcements regarding the trial.

As for current status, I can say Knight is doing his best to get an SHT trial going. I think for now it’s best to leave it at that and see what comes. Interestingly, he also mentioned that he is paying attention to what Histogen is doing and thinks some good things can come from their recent business development and their new human collagen injectable. I’m hoping to get more commentary from him about that soon.

My take: I still appreciate the fact that J Hewitt has taken an initiative to potentially bring a next-gen hair growth therapy to market. I’ll continue rooting for them as long as they’re in the game. Understanding the situation that Knight was in, it makes sense to me and I think everyone understands that sometimes ‘sure things’ can unexpectedly change. I won’t blame him for that, we’re all human. I don’t believe in ridiculing someone when things aren’t going great and then smiling in their face tomorrow if they have good news for me. I think it’s also worth stating that after many years of the candidate therapy existing J Hewitt was the first company who finally decided to even give TissUse/SHT a chance. Every other pharma company and major investment firm in Europe (and worldwide) passed it up before Hewitt obtained a license. The trial that is being pursued could cost around $50k-$100k per trial subject! That’s pricey even for a 5 man trial and Knight is pursuing this with his own company’s money. I respect it. Here’s to hoping we get some good news on this subject soon.

——
Seems like SHISEIDO has so much faith to stop cell company’s working with J hewitt

Well, respect for Jon Knight for trying. But it's very furstrating that he is failing like all the other ones. Hopefully he isn't a quitter and will eventually grind it out.

werefckd

My Regimen
Folliclethought.com :

New TissUse Neopapillae Paper Published (4/16/20)
Today, a team of researchers from the German company TissUse published a new scientific study on the company’s hair cloning technology. The study appeared in the Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine and is titled “Reconstructed human skin shows epidermal imagination towards integrated Neopapillae indicating early hair follicle formation in vitro.” It is fantastic news to see the TissUse team publishing new hair cloning research in 2020. Renowned hair research scientist Dr. Kevin McElwee commented on the new study “So far not full follicle formation, but they are making good progress. Some additional differentiation factors need to be added to promote full follicle formation.”

Like I’ve said in the past, whenever a study is published in a scientific journal the researchers have progressed past what was published. Great news from TissUse!
in vitro, man, in vitro. The supposedly leading company in the business is still at the petry dish stage, and it wasn't even full follicle formation

lol

nooooooooooo