Those who had watery semen and quit finasteride: how long did it take to return to normal?

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can't really remember, but I think it was 3-4 months.

misread title

It took 3-4 months to disappear while still taking finasteride.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm still on it and it went away after 2 months or so

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been 4-5 months since I quit (was on finasteride + dutasteride). Right now it's back to normal but it definitely took at least 3 months.

ICUman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow I didn't know this happens. I take finasteride and my semen looks the same it always has… normal. Why would finasteride do that? Concerning

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
My guess is that it's related to the reduction of prostate size... but that is a total guess.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm waiting for this to return to normal before I begin using finasteride topically. I know the risk of sides is roughly the same since topical finasteride works by going systemic, but if I can see this side effect is in fact reversible I don't have a whole lot to lose by trying again with a slightly different route. It's a shame, because finasteride completely stopped my hair loss after ~7 mos.

Shubham23

Reaction score
My guess is that it's related to the reduction of prostate size... but that is a total guess.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm waiting for this to return to normal before I begin using finasteride topically. I know the risk of sides is roughly the same since topical finasteride works by going systemic, but if I can see this side effect is in fact reversible I don't have a whole lot to lose by trying again with a slightly different route. It's a shame, because finasteride completely stopped my hair loss after ~7 mos.

I am using Topical finasteride 0.1% + 5% minoxidil solution. I apply 2-3 ml everyday at night. This means I take 2-3 mg of finasteride topically. Its been 2 months since I have been using this solution and got my 3rd bottle yesterday. For the side effect part, I dont seem I have any side effects. My erection is still as hard as before and get morning wood but only when I read a lot of post here about side effect I somehow I am getting it too.

I suggest you to give a try on topical finasteride. It might help you.

Seyed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't really remember, but I think it was 3-4 months.

misread title

It took 3-4 months to disappear while still taking finasteride.
How come u were using and the signs were gone? I have the same problem I want to know how often oddly daily u kept taking it to have both ur hair and ur semen backl?