This Smp Is Amazing, Aided By Gymcel

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Came across this, though he has perfect facial features to suit it, small ears, decent nose aided by a good physique. Maybe if we all gymcel there is slight hope.. (FYI I don't know why gymcel means I just think it means someone who works out? Damn HairLossTalk.com lingo)

View attachment 47197
Man what a difference. Guy looks awesome now

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't want to make a new thread for this so bumping this one up...

Is there any f*****g way to get a realistic SMP/trico?
Is there any hope in this procedure for the aggressively balding?

The guy in the OP looks f*****g stupid. Straight hairline, looks obviously fake.
Has anyone seen a good SMP in person?

2mmSMP

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some pics of my SMP via HisHair.

Did finasteride for 2-3 years and never really saw any results. Maybe slowed things, idk, but it's not like it gave me back my hair.

I ended up getting an under-the-natural-hairline SMP with receded temples and I cannot recommend it enough.

2 treatments, maybe 4 hours total in the chair, ~$3k

Feels like hair to the touch, as I still have quite a bit of diffuse thinning. Almost impossible to tell if you buzz every couple days.

I'm VERY glad that I went under my existing hairline + kept the fairly receded temples. Looks natural and is hardly a major change from your look prior to the SMP, but the hairline/forehead frames your face so much better. Huge confidence boost.

CZH8VXil.jpg

nkOsJHhl.jpg

JxTUuczl.jpg

started with:

c829823l-jpg.jpg

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score

Did finasteride for 2-3 years and never really saw any results. Maybe slowed things, idk, but it's not like it gave me back my hair.

I ended up getting an under-the-natural-hairline SMP with receded temples and I cannot recommend it enough.

Feels like hair to the touch, as I still have quite a bit of diffuse thinning. Almost impossible to tell if you buzz every couple days.

I'm VERY glad that I went under my existing hairline + kept the fairly receded temples. Looks natural and is hardly a major change from your look prior to the SMP, but the hairline/forehead frames your face so much better. Huge confidence boost.

View attachment 95501

View attachment 95502

View attachment 95503
started with:

View attachment 95504
First guy I've ever seen with a natural looking SMP hairline. You look much better man.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 95501

View attachment 95502

View attachment 95503
started with:

View attachment 95504

That's a major cosmetic improvement!

So much better than those Norwood 0 fake-*** hairlines.

Bkapz

Reaction score
Here is an example of what real buzzed hair looks like in direct sunlight versus indoors or shade (FB friend with thick hair); SMP will look much different as well, this guy looks completely bald in the sunlight pic. I am not sure I have seen SMP in person, but most of the positive reviews mention that it looks much better in person so I guess I am having a hard time knowing who to believe. The sharp/dark hairlines look awful, nobody with common sense is disagreeing with that. Clearly having some diffuse hair to add some depth and texture is ideal, but I think I need to see it in person to draw my own conclusion.

Some of the horrible systems and concealer hail marys i've seen in person look ridiculous and I feel like many posters here think that is better. I find it hard to believe that anyone has seen a lot of SMP in person since I live in a major city and am very aware of fake hair and I'm not sure I have seen one in person.

upload_2019-6-11_17-9-36.png
upload_2019-6-11_17-10-22.png

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
SMP looks like a good middle ground treatment. It isn't going to magically look like you have your hair back, but you get a frame, it looks like you buzz your hair. So, why not. It something I've been considering for years. That said, I'm now at a point where I would get SMP in between jobs. So the day you rock up to your next job, you already have your SMP in place. Rocking into the office with it may provoke some reaction, although I guess I work at a pretty PC place so no one would say sh*t. It's just getting through the first week...

As for me, well, I haven't posted in ages. For most of this year, I've been experimenting with facial hair, and for the most part, it has actually helped take away the obviousness of my receding hairline. The eye doesn't automatically look upwards as much as the beard sort of blends everything together.

That said, recently, it's almost like that option is no longer working for me. Every time I look in the mirror, I feel dissatisfied with my appearance. That is the bottom line. I see this miserable person staring back at me. My hair is still there. The frontal recession has done most of it's damage, and to be honest I've weathered it quite well. But now the slow island is forming and Im ever so slowly diffusing.

As soon as my hair grows out, I look scruffy. Especially with a beard. I look like a bum. It all looks untidy and unkempt. A fresh haircut and a beard looks passable. I look like sh*t with a shaved face though. My recession and the bags under my eyes create this dark look. I just look like sh*t.

I'm going on holiday for two weeks in August. I've been talking about buzzing my hair for ages and I haven't done it. I's time for a radical overhaul of my appearance. Just before the holiday starts I'm going to trim my head down to a bloody number 1 and then have those two weeks to get used to it. I will be able to have that time to be able to look at my appearance and also get a tan and enjoy the good weather before getting back to the office. It's f*****g time. 15th of August is my buzz day. I'm genuinely looking forward to it. Tired of keeping up the shitty hair look. Worst case scenario it will grow back, but honestly. there comes a time in a man's life when his shitty hair is making him look older then younger.

Once I kiss the hair goodbye, it's one less thing I have to try and keep up. My hairloss just makes me look so tired. Does anyone know what I mean? The recession just gives me a tired, kind of run down look. Trimmed / bald, it's a kind of fresher look at least. I know for sure that I will look younger. Will let you guys know how it looks. Still 5 weeks off buzz day but I now have a date to look forward to.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
SMP looks like a good middle ground treatment. It isn't going to magically look like you have your hair back, but you get a frame, it looks like you buzz your hair. So, why not. It something I've been considering for years. That said, I'm now at a point where I would get SMP in between jobs. So the day you rock up to your next job, you already have your SMP in place. Rocking into the office with it may provoke some reaction, although I guess I work at a pretty PC place so no one would say sh*t. It's just getting through the first week...

As for me, well, I haven't posted in ages. For most of this year, I've been experimenting with facial hair, and for the most part, it has actually helped take away the obviousness of my receding hairline. The eye doesn't automatically look upwards as much as the beard sort of blends everything together.

That said, recently, it's almost like that option is no longer working for me. Every time I look in the mirror, I feel dissatisfied with my appearance. That is the bottom line. I see this miserable person staring back at me. My hair is still there. The frontal recession has done most of it's damage, and to be honest I've weathered it quite well. But now the slow island is forming and Im ever so slowly diffusing.

As soon as my hair grows out, I look scruffy. Especially with a beard. I look like a bum. It all looks untidy and unkempt. A fresh haircut and a beard looks passable. I look like sh*t with a shaved face though. My recession and the bags under my eyes create this dark look. I just look like sh*t.

I'm going on holiday for two weeks in August. I've been talking about buzzing my hair for ages and I haven't done it. I's time for a radical overhaul of my appearance. Just before the holiday starts I'm going to trim my head down to a bloody number 1 and then have those two weeks to get used to it. I will be able to have that time to be able to look at my appearance and also get a tan and enjoy the good weather before getting back to the office. It's f*****g time. 15th of August is my buzz day. I'm genuinely looking forward to it. Tired of keeping up the shitty hair look. Worst case scenario it will grow back, but honestly. there comes a time in a man's life when his shitty hair is making him look older then younger.

Once I kiss the hair goodbye, it's one less thing I have to try and keep up. My hairloss just makes me look so tired. Does anyone know what I mean? The recession just gives me a tired, kind of run down look. Trimmed / bald, it's a kind of fresher look at least. I know for sure that I will look younger. Will let you guys know how it looks. Still 5 weeks off buzz day but I now have a date to look forward to.

Good luck brother. I think you can't take finasteride from what I remember but you always looked at your situation with real courage and a willingness to remain aesthetic. So for that I admire you as I am sure many others do. For what it's worth, your plan was also my back up plan if everything went wrong, without the SMP. I mean I can pull off SMP since I am naturally olive but I wouldn't bother, in the sense I would prefer to get a few thousand grafts and spread them all on top and keep it buzzed. I also remember you saying you were working out and you have facial hair too. Good thing about this transplant is you can go down to the Norwood 1 area in almost all cases so you should pursue this.

I think you've come to a good conclusion. The only way to look aesthetic without full hair is to keep it buzzed and tick the other boxes (like in any case), these guys can look pretty damn sharp, masculine and young too. It seems like you fit that mould. As you said it beats looking like a old man with poorly grown out hair, which is unattractive. Even receded balding can look aesthetic buzzed and you can google a few examples but aim for this illusion with transplants.

dadc20136dc7a17e761b8b3d8997bf1f--criminal-minds-buzz-cuts.jpg