Thin Short Hair vs. Thin Long Hair

stayingpositive

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

This is my first post here. I have been struggling with hair loss since high school. I am in my early thirties and my scalp is beginning to show on the crown on my head. Im constantly working on hiding it by doing a comb over tie or tying my hair into a small knot on the top of my head. I work in fashion and it is very difficult to feel beautiful while constantly surrounded by beautiful hair. I wear clip on hair extensions to add volume for special occasions but for the most part my hair is up. It is past my shoulders right now but is so thin I cant leave it down on its own.

I cut my hair about 2 years ago and felt great. The only problem is that my boyfriend hated it. I grew it out to make him happy but have constant anxiety with trying to feel good with my lifeless thin hair. It is also less scarring when handfuls of short hair fall out as apposed to long hairs wrapping around my fingers in the shower. I don't know what to do at this point. My boyfriend is the sweetest and most supportive person I know. I think he is having trouble understanding what I am going through. I have asked him to go to therapy with me to understand me more but he just brushes it off.

I feel stuck. I already feel unattractive. Cutting my hair is already a difficult thing for me to do since I have always loved long hair. Having my boyfriend not support me with short hair makes me feel even less attractive. I don't know what to do anymore.