Thicker Hairs

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
When I began Rogaine treatment, I shed thin hairs. Now that I am into >1 month, I notice that I am now shedding thicker hairs; I'm guessing all the thinner hairs have gone. These thicker hairs also have larger bulbs.

I don't know what to make of this.
:(

SE-freak

Reaction score
Dont try to make anything out of this.

It could be your hairloss continuing or there are also fat bastard follicles that were also being hit by dht and need to restart.

I can sense (ti ti tiri ti ti tiriri <--exorcist theme) that you are veery frustrated. Realize that you are doing something about your hairloss(which also happens to be the only two proven treatments we have) and let them work.

It's only been one month and a half! :)

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't panic, 1.5 months is not even the start of the hair'o'coasterâ„¢

It probably means nothing.

jeffsss

Reaction score
I could mean that the thinner hairs died off and now DHT is working it's magic on the stronger thicker ones.

oh.. and the same thing is happening to me so don't feel bad.

SE-freak

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
I could mean that the thinner hairs died off and now DHT is working it's magic on the stronger thicker ones.

DHT does not go for the thinner hairs first and then move on.

Weepy was not born with thin and thick hairs. These thin hairs were thick once. male pattern baldness is progressive so logically Weepy should have noticed thicker hairs being shed before.

My guess is that this increased thicker hair shed is the shed of hairs that would normally not shed massively, probably in areas that were not being severely affected by dht but were shocked by the stimulants and healthier environment to a new cycle.

I myself, experienced a shed of fine hairs during my 3rd week on minoxidil. Progressively there were fewer and fewer hairs being shed and near the end of the shed there were more thicker hairs lost. I guess that those early shed fine hairs were produced by follicles which experienced a dramatic change in environment being shed first, and the thicker ones had to be exposed to the stimulant much more to start expressing this change-yet still in the first stages of miniaturization.

oh.. and the same thing is happening to me so don't feel bad.
Drowning does not feel any better when having company.