Reaction score
This method is proposed to be effective at stimulating growth of damaged and shrunken and possibly even dormant hair follicles. It not thought to prevent the build up of DHT or prevent auto-immune damage to follicles. Therefore it is advised to only be practiced by men and women who have experienced hair loss in the past, and who have taken measures to change their lifestyle and hair care to a sufficient degree that they are not losing any more hair.

If the scalp is inflamed to a degree that it can not be massaged vigorously, then this method will likely not work. If that is the case, it is advised one takes measures to decrease inflammation in the scalp.

The Wim Hof Hair Stimulation Method:

1. Massage the scalp vigorously with a drop of rosemary oil in areas that need stimulation until the scalp feels fully saturated with blood

2. Perform the Wim Hof breathing exercise

3. Upon the breath hold (when there is no air in the lungs) massage the scalp vigorously in the areas that need stimulation until breath is needed

It is strongly advised that one visualize as intensely as possible their hair as restored and to focus on the idea of its health and well-being during the massaging process.

Repeat until the scalp feels stimulated, there will be a distinct tingling sensation that will linger afterward.

Rest the scalp.

Practice semi-daily until hair grows as desired.

Note: This method has no direct affiliation with Wim Hof. It is a specific application of his breathing exercises aimed at stimulating the growth of hair follicles. It has been developed independently of him.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
The evidence speaks for itself. I must add sadly, it appears this may be another method that has the least positive effect on temple region recession...or Mr. Wim Hof left out the massage part.

No but seriously I'm with you HIP, that there is real value in breathing excercises.

1407wetijsman.jpg

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No WNT No Jak-Stat, no PGD no PGE, DHT, just...massage? If only it were that simple.

Reaction score
No WNT No Jak-Stat, no PGD no PGE, DHT, just...massage? If only it were that simple.

The method only works if one has eliminated the inflammation in the scalp due to "DHT" (though exactly why DHT causes inflammation is still being debated).

Don't worry about DHT as much as the health of your scalp.

Is it inflamed and rigid? Or is it loose and flexible?

If it is inflamed and rigid then steps must be taken to decrease that inflammation.

There is no one-size fits all method to decreasing scalp inflammation. It is usually a bi-product of chronic stress, toxin build-up and/or endocrine imbalance.

However, even if one has restored the health of their scalp, their hair will not immediately start growing back to its fullest.

That is where this method is useful, for stimulation of weakened follicles in a healthy scalp.

Its function is comparable to the laser comb.

- - - Updated - - -

The evidence speaks for itself. I must add sadly, it appears this may be another method that has the least positive effect on temple region recession...or Mr. Wim Hof left out the massage part.

No but seriously I'm with you HIP, that there is real value in breathing excercises.

The method has a minimal effect on temple recession, or any form of hairloss where the follicle has become completely dormant.

However, in the case of gradual thinning it can be very effective on a level similar to the laser comb.

Wim has never attempted to restore his hair. He has done things that many would consider impossible. If he were to put his mind and methods to the task of improving his hair, do not doubt that he would see significant success.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Yes I must clarify that I do not support any alleged merits are advantageous to hair loss . They cannot hurt either.

Reaction score
Yes I must clarify that I do not support any alleged merits are advantageous to hair loss . They cannot hurt either.

The laser comb has been proven to stimulate hair growth, especially that of weakened follicles.

The mechanism which is works upon is to restore the circulation of blood to these follicles.

The mechanism of Minoxidil is that is opens up the circulation of blood to hair follicles.

The Wim Hof Hair Stimulation Method does the same thing. It brings the circulation of oxygen rich blood to damaged hair follicles.

In an unhealthy scalp, circulation cannot be restored even with Minoxidil or the laser comb which is why both of these methods have shown a wide range of effectiveness amongst different people.

This is another reason why the Wim Hof Stimulation Method will only work effectively on those who have cleared their scalp of inflammation and toxins.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Your hair loss has been corrected using this method? Also what agent(s) are you suggesting to "work effectively" against scalp inflammation and toxins? I appreciate your candid responses. I must also request before and after photos that accurately represent your results. You can appeciate why testimonials alone don't hold up well around here. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your hair loss has been corrected using this method? Also what agent(s) are you suggesting to "work effectively" against scalp inflammation and toxins? I appreciate your candid responses. I must also request before and after photos that accurately represent your results. You can appeciate why testimonials alone don't hold up well around here. Thank you.

Wim Hof has proven thoroughly and conclusively that his breathing exercises allow the human mind to gain control over the para-sympathetic nervous system and the circulation of blood.

Are you suggesting that same methods which have given people the ability to withstand freezing temperatures and even gain control over their immune system isn't capable of opening up a few capillaries in the scalp?

What good would a before and after photo do? If this was a charade it would be very easy to deceive with such things.

This isn't a charade. The accomplishments of Wim Hof and his followers should put any doubt to rest that this method will work if properly executed.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I'm convinced only that you are convinced. This is a hair loss forum as you are well aware. There are many reliable skeptics here who will understandably attack your ideas w/out your willness to furnish forum with more tangible or solid backing( a proof of concept) You probably agree that it would be unwise in general to support a method strictly because you have confidence that aforesaid method successfully works against hair loss. I have been respectful to you and my only request is that you try to conform to some fundamental teaching guidelines if you plan to continue promoting this again as a viable treatment against Androgenetic Alopecia. A little less resistance in this area on your part may get you more traction. All my best.

Reaction score
I'm convinced only that you are convinced. This is a hair loss forum as you are well aware. There are many reliable skeptics here who will understandably attack your ideas w/out your willness to furnish forum with more tangible or solid backing( a proof of concept) You probably agree that it would be unwise in general to support a method strictly because you have confidence that aforesaid method successfully works against hair loss. I have been respectful to you and my only request is that you try to conform to some fundamental teaching guidelines if you plan to continue promoting this again as a viable treatment against Androgenetic Alopecia. A little less resistance in this area on your part may get you more traction. All my best.

Thank you for giving such an intelligent and well thought out reply.

The skeptics may waste their energy attacking this method if they wish.

Perhaps they are unaware that the emotional energy they're spending on their attacks is draining the very life-force which can heal them of their affliction if they were to put it to better use.

If the scalp is in good enough condition, the effectiveness of this method is obvious upon giving it one try.

There will be an undeniable feeling of tingling and sensitivity in the scalp. If after one try a skeptic doesn't feel that sensation, then they would be encouraged not to waste their time continuing further.

WaterlooSunrise

My Regimen
Reaction score
Late reply here, but derma rolling might really synergise well with this method

Absolutely, I was just thinking this, and searched the forum to see if it had already been discussed. If minoxidil works by restoring circulation to the scalp, then the Wim Hof breathing exercises (proven to increase oxygenation in the blood) would likely have a similar effect, albeit not as strong as a chemical. But the risk of scarring heart tissue with 5% min and impaired collagen production are a little too much for me to use it in combination with dermarolling, so I will try this instead alongside my current regimen.

Maybe, just maybe, a fraction of the monster results from min + dermarolling could be possible with this, if you’re dedicated enough.

There’s a good wim hof app with instructions on the breathing exercises and the cold exposure (both of which, I presume, would help hair loss in the aforementioned way). If nothing else, it seems a reliable way to lower cortisol, so it can only help.