The Israeli–Palestinian conflict

HughJass

Reaction score
now the UN are saying they have evidence of deliberate targeting of civilians by Israel + use of human shields.

I'm not really surprised by any of it. The only difference this time is that the IDF and the government are having a harder time getting away with it.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
now the UN are saying they have evidence of deliberate targeting of civilians by Israel + use of human shields.

The UN _are_ saying?? :)

HughJass

Reaction score
GENEVA (AP) - Israeli soldiers used an 11-year-old Palestinian boy as a human shield during the war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip, U.N. human rights experts said Monday.

The Israeli Defense force ordered the boy to walk in front of soldiers being fired on in the Gaza neighborhood of Tel al-Hawa and enter buildings before them, said the U.N. secretary-general's envoy for protecting children in armed conflict.

The boy also was told to open the bags of Palestinians _ presumably to protect the soldiers from possible explosives _ before being released at the entrance to a hospital, Radhika Coomaraswamy said.

She said the Jan. 15 incident, after Israeli tanks had rolled into the neighborhood and during "intense operations," was a violation of Israeli and international law.

It was included in a 43-page report published Monday, and was just one of many verified human rights atrocities during the three-week war between Israel and Hamas that ended Jan. 18, she said.

Coomaraswamy accused Israeli soldiers of shooting Palestinian children, bulldozing a home with a woman and child still inside, and shelling a building they had ordered civilians into a day earlier.

"Violations were reported on a daily basis, too numerous to list," said Coomaraswamy, who visited Gaza and Israel for five days in February.

Coomaraswamy said there also have been allegations that Hamas used human shields or fired from heavily populated areas, and that U.N. officials are investigating.

Israel criticized the report as "unable or perhaps unwilling" to address Hamas rocket attacks from Gaza or the threat of terrorism, citing Saturday's failed attempt to explode a car bomb in a Haifa mall parking lot as the most recent manifestation.

"The report claims to examine Israel's actions while it willfully ignores and downplays the terrorist and other threats we face," Ambassador Aharon Leshno Yaar told the 47-nation Human Rights Council.

Leshno Yaar said terrorists use women and children as human shields when they launch attacks from schools, homes, hospitals and mosques. He did not address the report's specific allegation about the boy, but an army spokesman rejected the claim.

"We are an army to which morals and high ethical standards are paramount," said Capt. Elie Isaacson.

Coomaraswamy said her list of Israeli violations constituted "just a few examples of the hundreds of incidents that have been documented and verified" by U.N. officials who were in the territory.

She was the only one of the nine U.N. experts who compiled the report that was allowed into Gaza following the war. The experts covered issues ranging from health and hunger to women's rights and arbitrary executions.

The experts also noted reports that Hamas had committed other abuses. They said Hamas had been unwilling to investigate the allegations.

The report called for Israel to investigate human rights abuses that occurred during the conflict.

Last week Israel's military ordered a criminal inquiry into published reports from soldiers that some troops had knowingly killed Palestinian civilians, including children.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/ma ... an-shield/

Aplunk1

Reaction score
trollface1.jpg

HughJass

Reaction score
UN Fact-Finding Mission Says Israelis "Executed" US Citizen Furkan Dogan

The report of the fact-finding mission of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) on the Israeli attack on the Gaza flotilla released last week shows conclusively, for the first time, that US citizen Furkan Dogan and five Turkish citizens were murdered execution-style by Israeli commandos.

The report reveals that Dogan, the 19-year-old US citizen of Turkish descent, was filming with a small video camera on the top deck of the Mavi Marmara when he was shot twice in the head, once in the back and in the left leg and foot and that he was shot in the face at point blank range while lying on the ground.

The report says Dogan had apparently been "lying on the deck in a conscious or semi-conscious, state for some time" before being shot in his face.

The forensic evidence that establishes that fact is "tattooing around the wound in his face," indicating that the shot was "delivered at point blank range." The report describes the forensic evidence as showing that "the trajectory of the wound, from bottom to top, together with a vital abrasion to the left shoulder that could be consistent with the bullet exit point, is compatible with the shot being received while he was lying on the ground on his back."

Based on both "forensic and firearm evidence," the fact-finding panel concluded that Dogan's killing and that of five Turkish citizens by the Israeli troops on the Mavi Marmari May 31 "can be characterized as extra-legal, arbitrary and summary executions.

http://www.truth-out.org/un-fact-findin ... dogan63609

You'd think that for the $7 million dollars US taxpayers give Israel each day, they'd get better treatment.

Cassin

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
UN Fact-Finding Mission Says Israelis "Executed" US Citizen Furkan Dogan

The report of the fact-finding mission of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) on the Israeli attack on the Gaza flotilla released last week shows conclusively, for the first time, that US citizen Furkan Dogan and five Turkish citizens were murdered execution-style by Israeli commandos.

The report reveals that Dogan, the 19-year-old US citizen of Turkish descent, was filming with a small video camera on the top deck of the Mavi Marmara when he was shot twice in the head, once in the back and in the left leg and foot and that he was shot in the face at point blank range while lying on the ground.

The report says Dogan had apparently been "lying on the deck in a conscious or semi-conscious, state for some time" before being shot in his face.

The forensic evidence that establishes that fact is "tattooing around the wound in his face," indicating that the shot was "delivered at point blank range." The report describes the forensic evidence as showing that "the trajectory of the wound, from bottom to top, together with a vital abrasion to the left shoulder that could be consistent with the bullet exit point, is compatible with the shot being received while he was lying on the ground on his back."

Based on both "forensic and firearm evidence," the fact-finding panel concluded that Dogan's killing and that of five Turkish citizens by the Israeli troops on the Mavi Marmari May 31 "can be characterized as extra-legal, arbitrary and summary executions.

http://www.truth-out.org/un-fact-findin ... dogan63609

You'd think that for the $7 million dollars US taxpayers give Israel each day, they'd get better treatment.

drives me insane :thumbdown2:

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Commenting on the title; i think both parties are preasured by the rest of the world to either solve the conflict or "not to give in" lands, without the word interfering in the first place there would be peace and quite at that region, its just another example if an economic interests coming before the lives of innocent people (on both sides) i wish it would be solved by now :/

Hammy070

Established Member
Reaction score
I am so bored with them now. Yes Israel was originally in the wrong, but a conflict that lasted this long is the result of both sides having amongst their ranks the vilest of assholes.

HughJass

Reaction score
Hammy070 said:
a conflict that lasted this long is the result of both sides having amongst their ranks the vilest of assholes.

I don't agree. Would you say the same thing about Tibet?

Israeli violence is not a reaction to Palestinian violence, though it does give the Israelis a useful (but false) pretext.

At the heart of this conflict is the view most Israelis have of themselves as being ethnically superior to, and more entitled than the Palestinians. If I had to provide all the quotes from Israeli political leaders and public surveys done which demonstrate this I'd be here all day.

Sure, if there was no violence from the Palestinians they'd be no conflict, but would the great land grab and the ethnic cleansing stop? Those things are part and parcel of Zionism. The charter of Likud is unequivocal about Jews coming before Arabs:

2. Settlements: The Jewish communities in Judea, Samaria [West Bank] and Gaza are the realization of Zionist values. Settlement of the land is a clear expression of the unassailable right of the Jewish people to the Land of Israel and constitutes an important asset in the defense of the vital interests of the State of Israel. The Likud will continue to strengthen and develop these communities and will prevent their uprooting.

4. Self-Rule: The Government of Israel flatly rejects the establishment of a Palestinian Arab state west of the Jordan River. The Palestinians can run their lives freely in the framework of self-rule, but not as an independent and sovereign state. Thus, for example, in matters of foreign affairs, security, immigration and ecology, their activity shall be limited in accordance with imperatives of Israel's existence, security and national needs
http://mydd.com/users/mainstreet/posts/ ... ff-the-map

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i highly doubt the population share your opinions on that, written agendas mean nothing (the Koran for example calls for the killing of anyone who isnt Islamic, doest that mean that all Islamic people are after us? i really hope they dont follow that rule :) )
i maybe naive but i think most people are seeking for peace and quite and want to live their lives without having to worry about wars all the time..

to sum it up, if these people cant make peace by now then something is fucked up with them all lol and this makes way too much news for "only" a few millions (new york is twice more populated then Israel/Palestine together), that piece of land is so small lol i cant see any reason to fight for it so much ... that's ludicrous

oni

Reaction score
MuayThai said:
I was browsing this forum for other reasons and came accross this topic, I just had to join to make a comment. Americans are amongst the most brainwashed people on the face of the earth, especially by zionist/jewish propoganda which has become a cancer within their society Eg: Most media being owned or run by zionists, The zionist lobby practically having american polititians by the balls. And a million other things they have their filthy hands on.

The jews seem to always be in the middle of trouble, wether it be world war 2, or even back to the days of babylon and assyria, and now with the palestinians. I think people need to stop painting the jews as innocent victims all the time, which they are not. I think most the problems in the world are because of them, and I'm not going to go to war and f****ing die for a jew. I believe the jews have actually turned the world against islam with their media, to try and detract from their eveil doing, and the americans are involved.

The only way I ever see there being peace in the world is if America and Israel are either wiped off the face of the earth, or another super power takes over and starts dominating them, just like they do to the poorest countries of the world.

P.s Gardener I would love to go against someone like you in a cage, I would beat you so bad you would learn not to be such a feminine little geek. How do you sleep at night knowing you're not a real man? Your posts are so feminine, you type like you have no testosterone.

Doop saloop salia ting tong man, Muay Thai fights take place in a ring not a cage........................ :gay:

You are an evil little troll, maybe you and Bekim should get a bed together.

oni

Reaction score
MuayThai said:
Bryan said:
ali777 said:
Let's get the facts right.... Was Saddam an evil man? YES

Was Bush as bad as him? Probably not...

No sh*t? You think maybe George W. Bush was just an ittsy-bittsy teeny-weeny bit less evil than Saddam Hussein, do you??

Jesus Christ, this is getting ridiculous.

George Bush was way more evil than Saddam you brainwashed nerd.

Go keyboard warrior................................. :gay:

oni

Reaction score
MuayThai said:
Na , not a troll mate. I just say whats on my mind, not like the rest of you passive little girls. Muay Thai is obviously in a ring, who said it wasn't mr stars wars?

You have no clue......................... :whistle:

You live in your mums basement.................... :whistle:

And you play too much WOW............................ :whistle:

But your mum has cut your WOW account off....................... :whistle:

Now your going to hate................................... :whistle:

You are the KeyBoard Warrior!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Gardener

Reaction score
MuayThai said:
P.s Gardener I would love to go against someone like you in a cage, I would beat you so bad you would learn not to be such a feminine little geek. How do you sleep at night knowing you're not a real man? Your posts are so feminine, you type like you have no testosterone.
I really don't give a crap about what you think.

Cassin

Reaction score
MuayThai said:
P.s Another thing I forgot to add, all the scum bags who support Israel no matter what are usually jews, or white. The only reason some of these closet racists support israel is because they have lighter skin than the palestinians.

Not to say that all white people support Israel, I'm white and I don't, but most are.

$50 says your IP is from Australia...

looking up IP....

YUP...

Good bye

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
Most of India was colonized by largely brutal muslim invaders and then the British. After independence from the British, the 30 percent muslims wanted their own country with more than 30 percent land area. They then killed off most of the Hindus and Sikhs in these new countries, and today Pakistan and Bangladesh are almost entirely muslim. In Pakistan muslims are now killing people they consider impure muslims. In India, muslims are increasing due to higher birth rates than Hindus. In Indian Kashmir, muslims have kicked out all the Hindu Pandits.

I wonder if Europe becomes 30 percent muslim, will we see a new India type split and carnage? Why is Israel not kicking out all its arab citizens after seeing what happens when a country becomes 30 percent muslim?