The Essential oil anti androgen experiment

Beast80

Reaction score
Ok I've decided to give this a 6 month experiment where I would apply peppermint on my scalp everyday for the duration of the experiment. There are a few things which concern me. I've read that pure peppermint oil is toxic. Is this true? if so can it cause me harm if I used it everyday?

I don't wanna use a carrier oil since I can't use it everyday. I think maybe if I buy some Aloe Vera Gel and put a few drops of Peppermint in it and apply it everyday, that could work. Need advice. Are all essential oils toxic / dangerous to use frequently?

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont know anything about peppermint oil but this sounds like another BS remedy that has never been proven to actually work. I would think if it did there would be about 300 topics on here saying "Day 30 on Peppermint Oil..see results!"

Even if it did..do you really want to be applying peppermint oil to your head for the rest of your life? hah

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
To Op,

use the search function, lots of posts on essential oils.

I suggest taking a look at what Michael Barry and Old Baldy among other veterans have posted on the subject.

patagonia

Established Member
Reaction score
Chris87 said:
I dont know anything about peppermint oil but this sounds like another BS remedy that has never been proven to actually work. I would think if it did there would be about 300 topics on here saying "Day 30 on Peppermint Oil..see results!"

Even if it did..do you really want to be applying peppermint oil to your head for the rest of your life? hah

Exactly.

Use the search function and read some of the research posted on essential oils and other extracts, including peppermint oil.

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're not keen on leaving EO's on all day or night, what about washing your hair with Dr. Bronner's liquid castille soaps? They can be used as shampoos too and have a good reputation across the net.

They do a peppermint oil (which I've used and is very nice and refreshing), a lavender and a tea tree oil. You could take your pick and use one at a time or mix n match them over various days. The concentration of EO is 2% - in the peppermint anyway.

One other 'advantage' is that they don't contain SLS or stuff like that if that is also the kind of thing that floats your boat.

Would you do us the favour and be kind enough to report back on how you get on? Or even if you decide not to bother with this little experiment for that matter?

If you live in the UK, Holland and Barrett do a range which contains Rose Otto (not even sure what that is), Royal Jelly and Virgin Olive Oil shampoos.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product.asp?BID=333&showAll=true