The economy and corruption should be our first priority

CCS

Reaction score
Even CNN came out recently and blamed the sub prime loans on Acorn.
http://rightwingnews.com/mt331/2008/10/acorn_the_subprime_crisis.php
You read that right: ACORN pushed banks to count food stamps as income in determining mortgage eligibility. Think about that when you get your next 401(k) statement. Your investments are in the toilet and the world's financial system is teetering on the verge of meltdown because of these left-wing poverty pimps. They're promoting "equality" only in the sense that all Americans are getting equally screwed.
In a circa 1999 document, "To Each Their Home: Success Stories from the ACORN Housing Corporation," the ACORN affiliate called the American Dream a sham and bragged about undermining banks' underwriting standards. . . .
ACORN Housing took credit for developing "several innovative strategies" to get around pesky traditional lending guidelines, which were unfair because they "were geared to middle class borrowers."
Instead of using passe measures of creditworthiness such as, say, credit history and having an adequate income, ACORN convinced lenders to adopt "more flexible underwriting criteria that take into account the realities of lower income communities." Henceforth, some banks serving inner cities would accept "less traditional income sources such as food stamps."

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ND ... EyMjE0ODI=

I looked at the dow jones industrial average a lot.
ftb25-fig2.bmp

It climed a lot in the 1990's, then sharply went down in 2000, and stayed down until 2006. It spiked a bit in 2007, then really really crashed.

I looked at the debt/GDP graph in the link mulder posted.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/103202- ... tors_picks
2000 is where personal debt started to really climb. Iraq did not start till 2003. The year 2000 is when sub prime loans started, and is when the dow fell a lot. It is like the business people knew something bad was going on. I heard they were arm twisted to allow the loans.

All this borrowing by poor people, and bailing out by tax payers, and higher taxes for the rich, is like eating the seeds you need to grow the wheat. No work is needed to eat the seeds. But when they are gone, they are gone.

If Obama is elected, you might not have the money to afford an abortion even though it is legal. If McCain is elected, he won't be able to outlaw abortion with the current democratic majority.

CCS

Reaction score
The economy is bad because big business is anticipating an Obama win, and is downsizing in preparation.

When the bailout was first proposed, the dow fell like 800 points that day. I was listening to it on the radio while driving around spraying houses. When the bailout was first shot down, the dow went up like 500 points that day. When it was proposed and approved again, it fell again. This is not coincidence. The big boys know what the stock is worth. They know that bailouts and Obama presidency spell getting out of business before it is taken from them.

Want to know why 3rd world countries are 3rd world, even when there are hundreds of millions of able bodied adults? It is because they don't have anyone to organize them. You need a profit incentive to get the smartest people to organize them. You also need tools, like tractors, instead of digging with your hands, so you can have more productivity. If one person makes food for 1000 people, those people are free to do other services. A rich society has 1000's of services because each person has the TOOLs to get a lot done. Politically unstable countries seize the tools and means of production. The dictator, or communists, take it from the business owners. Then no other business owners want to go to that country. For maybe a year or two at most people's standard of living goes up as they eat the seed that is supposed to be for planting. But when it is all gone, they are super poor again, and no one wants to take business risks to organize them.

Unions look at a company's income and bottom line, and make sure the extra money goes to their pay checks instead of to investment or to rewarding the owner who did work, had the foresight, and took the risk to start the company in the first place. Unions don't bail out failed business attempts. They just take over successful businesses. If AZ loses its right to work status, I will not hire any employees. It is just not worth the hassle if I have to worry about them going union once I become successful.

I predict when all the companies lay people off, Obama will not take the blame. He will blame it on the companies for laying the people off, when it is he who is taxing them and forcing unions down their throats.

CCS

Reaction score
Elect Obama, and in a year you won't be able to afford an abortion, or a fancy wedding for gays.

HughJass

Reaction score
I agree. What the American public need to fix the economy is a 100 year war in Iraq, more corporate welfare and a yodeling VP

CCS

Reaction score
Well, everyone, even 104.1 FM, is saying McCain has most of the same economic plans as Obama. So now I hope Obama wins since at least he has better social policies.

As a voter, I feel lied to. The politicians have been lying to us a lot about their goals from the beginning.

ali777

Reaction score
I think you should wait a few years until the communists redistribute all the wealth. I mean, you wouldn't want to make loads of money only for the communists to come and take it away from you, would you?

So, the best plan of action would be to lay low, leech the system like the rest of the lazy marxist communists. Meanwhile, find a girl, impregnate her and get the state to pay for the abortion. Alternatively, if you want to become a father, have the kid and let the state take care of the kid... That's what all those blood sucking communists do...

CCS, you really have a wrong opinion of a social state. Most of the EU countries are social states and people are free to make money and enjoy life....

I remember reading an article on self made billionaires/millionaires some time ago. Basically, the article was saying that there are more self made millionaires in Europe than in the USA. Despite all the Holywood stories about "the American dream", you have a much worse social mobility rate than "the social states" in Europe. In this context, social mobility means the ability to move from one class to another. In your country, if you are born poor the chances of success are limited.

Starseed

Reaction score
Just give me affordable health care Obama-Win-Kenobi, and I'll move to the West Coast in a trice.