The Cure to Brain Fog (!?!)

Donny J

Established Member
Reaction score
Powerful/Promising title? I agree, and you should proceed with caution, as this is still yet to be proven, but I have recently come across a regime that I would love to share with you...

Per my other thread, titled, "Migraine, Sensitivity to Light, & Brain Fog, Unsure If From finasteride...", I have been recently experiencing some similar (same feeling of extreme/intense brain fog, though it manifested itself differently from what I had been "accustomed" to with the occasional side-effects of finasteride") brain fog lately. It became progressively worse, starting only a couple days a week for an hour or so, and then last Monday, it grew into a 24/hr a day thing...

I began taking the following vitamins (cheap!), and within a day and a half, it was completely gone:

-Butterbur (50mg, 3X daily- -- once when taking up, one more midday, and one more at night)
--purchase here: http://www.herbspro.com/shop/produc..._medium=Feed&gclid=CNP18tSdwbgCFZE7Mgodo2kAyQ

-Niacin (500mg, "flush free", 2X daily -- once when waking up, one more midday)
--most pharmacies will carry this, OTC

-Ginkgo Biloba (120mg, 2X daily -- once when waking up, one more midday)

-Slow-Mag (2X, daily -- once when waking up, one more midday)
--my pharmacy had to order this, but I've found it online as well: http://www.drugstore.com/products/p...=goobase_filler&device=c&network=g&matchtype=

Note: I also take fish oil, complex-B, & biotin daily (I've always done this).

I've only been doing this for a week now, but the last 5 days have been the best days I've had in a couple months -- zero brain fog. Again, I'm still not certain what was the cause of my brain fog (and I very well may just be masking the root cause, rather than curing it now -- yet tbd & I plan to follow-up with my physician), but the feeling was very similar to the brain fog I've experienced in the past from finasteride. For those of you who are suffering from fog, I encourage you to try this out!

Dark Link

Banned
Reaction score
Did it work?

Donny J

Established Member
Reaction score
Did it work?
yes and no. jury's still out, tbh.

it DID work at the time, meaning that my fog had been lifted. my ongoing sensitivity to light, however, later continued.

that being said, what i didn't mention in my original post (which, in retrospect, i absolutely should have), is that i began to experience the 24/hr a day fog described above a few weeks after initially quitting finasteride. I don't know if it was the timing (after a week of post-finasteride sides, my body started to normalize), or if it was the vitamins themselves. What i do know though, is that i once again quit finasteride 7 weeks ago, and after 3-4 weeks I started to again experience the 24/hr a day fog (same as before). Again, i waited until almost a full week of this before starting these vitamins, but after 2 days on the vitamins again, the heavy haze lifted (but i ended up removing these from my diet and the post/crash sides started again...).

in a nutshell: both times i had my initial post-finasteride crash/haze, i started taking these vitamins about 7 days after the start of my 24/hr haze, and both times, my haze lifted after 2 days. what i don't know, however, is if the heavy haze would have lifted on its own w/o the vits.

again, this was a post-finasteride-crash-haze, as opposed to "brain fog" which i experienced when taking the drug itself at times. The feelings are fairly close, but not quite the same (very difficult to describe the comparisons).

Mattb

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes and no. jury's still out, tbh.

it DID work at the time, meaning that my fog had been lifted. my ongoing sensitivity to light, however, later continued.

that being said, what i didn't mention in my original post (which, in retrospect, i absolutely should have), is that i began to experience the 24/hr a day fog described above a few weeks after initially quitting finasteride. I don't know if it was the timing (after a week of post-finasteride sides, my body started to normalize), or if it was the vitamins themselves. What i do know though, is that i once again quit finasteride 7 weeks ago, and after 3-4 weeks I started to again experience the 24/hr a day fog (same as before). Again, i waited until almost a full week of this before starting these vitamins, but after 2 days on the vitamins again, the heavy haze lifted (but i ended up removing these from my diet and the post/crash sides started again...).

in a nutshell: both times i had my initial post-finasteride crash/haze, i started taking these vitamins about 7 days after the start of my 24/hr haze, and both times, my haze lifted after 2 days. what i don't know, however, is if the heavy haze would have lifted on its own w/o the vits.

again, this was a post-finasteride-crash-haze, as opposed to "brain fog" which i experienced when taking the drug itself at times. The feelings are fairly close, but not quite the same (very difficult to describe the comparisons).
I took it for three days then stopped then got heavy fog/derealization. I hope this works

Mattb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Powerful/Promising title? I agree, and you should proceed with caution, as this is still yet to be proven, but I have recently come across a regime that I would love to share with you...

Per my other thread, titled, "Migraine, Sensitivity to Light, & Brain Fog, Unsure If From finasteride...", I have been recently experiencing some similar (same feeling of extreme/intense brain fog, though it manifested itself differently from what I had been "accustomed" to with the occasional side-effects of finasteride") brain fog lately. It became progressively worse, starting only a couple days a week for an hour or so, and then last Monday, it grew into a 24/hr a day thing...

I began taking the following vitamins (cheap!), and within a day and a half, it was completely gone:

-Butterbur (50mg, 3X daily- -- once when taking up, one more midday, and one more at night)
--purchase here: http://www.herbspro.com/shop/produc..._medium=Feed&gclid=CNP18tSdwbgCFZE7Mgodo2kAyQ

-Niacin (500mg, "flush free", 2X daily -- once when waking up, one more midday)

-Ginkgo Biloba (120mg, 2X daily -- once when waking up, one more midday)

-Slow-Mag (2X, daily -- once when waking up, one more midday)
--my pharmacy had to order this, but I've found it online as well: http://www.drugstore.com/products/p...=goobase_filler&device=c&network=g&matchtype=

Note: I also take fish oil, complex-B, & biotin daily (I've always done this).

I've only been doing this for a week now, but the last 5 days have been the best days I've had in a couple months -- zero brain fog. Again, I'm still not certain what was the cause of my brain fog (and I very well may just be masking the root cause, rather than curing it now -- yet tbd & I plan to follow-up with my physician), but the feeling was very similar to the brain fog I've experienced in the past from finasteride. For those of you who are suffering from fog, I encourage you to try this out!
How “extreme” was your fog? Could you describe it please? Going to try your suggestion