the advantages of going bald

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
to every cloud, there is a silver lining and of course losing hair is not all bad.

consider these major plus points, next time you look at your shiny dome in the mirror:

1. people automatically think you're MUCH older than you really are....no problem getting served in bars anymore.

2. you get a discount at the barber's as less hair to cut....or better still...

3. you can shave your hair yourself as no other style really left to you now....hence saving a packet.

4. girls of your own age tend to lose interest in you as a desirable object (why?).
this can save a lot of wasted time, chasing women and free you up for the more important things in life...like focusing on family, career or sports.
leave the pursuit of hot chicks to more hirsuite brethren who will miss out on the above.

5. you get to save on shampoo and you wont ever need a comb again.

6. less dandruff to fall on your suit collar.

there are more but isnt it wonderful to know that we can look forward to these benefits.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you depressed me

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
oh....almost forgot to mention it but...

you get to take yourself and life far less serious.

s.a.f

Reaction score
How about less time waiting for you hair to dry after showering. :lol:

You are being sarcastic, right?
I think I'd still prefer to be 'burdened' with a NW1 than 'blessed' with baldness.
Its a bit like saying at least when you're blind you get money off the TV licence.

Baldness:
Avantages 0.2%
Disadvantages99.8%

s.a.f

Reaction score
ginald said:
to every cloud, there is a silver lining and of course losing hair is not all bad.

consider these major plus points, next time you look at your shiny dome in the mirror:

1. people automatically think you're MUCH older than you really are....no problem getting served in bars anymore.

Yes who wants to look young apart from anyone aged 21+

Do you? Or do you just feel really insecure in a place that is specificly devoted to the one thing that bothers you most.

3. you can shave your hair yourself as no other style really left to you now....hence saving a packet.

Yes who wants to be stylish?

4. girls of your own age tend to lose interest in you as a desirable object (why?).
this can save a lot of wasted time, chasing women and free you up for the more important things in life...like focusing on family, career or sports.
leave the pursuit of hot chicks to more hirsuite brethren who will miss out on the above.

This is by far the best one :D
Many is the time I've wished I could be free of all those beautifull young women hassling me for sex.
:wink:

Just imagine all the Ferrari's you could buy instead.

If you actually suffer from dandruff in the first place.

there are more but isnt it wonderful to know that we can look forward to these benefits.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ginald said:

you do now wy we are in this forum right 8)
To get it all back!! just as it was. :D

G

I guess a possible upside is that balding people probably have a higher rate of suicide, possibly removing their male pattern baldness from the gene pool?

I'm reaching and joking.

G

Someone with Brad Pitt hair might achieve all these "advantages" by simply shaving it off so these are no privileges of a hair loss sufferer.....

G

Taug,

Would you want to be a very confident bald man or a NW1 with little confidence (similar to how you are today)?

G

A NW1 with little confidence I think. Like that I might still train myself some confidence but I can´t gain hair when I am bald.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
badasshairday said:
Taug,

Would you want to be a very confident bald man or a NW1 with little confidence (similar to how you are today)?

hmmm does this guy alsow get alot off chicks ?
because doesnt matter how much confidence you got in the world if you dont get further then a conversation. :p

G

Jojje said:
hmmm does this guy alsow get alot off chicks ?
because doesnt matter how much confidence you got in the world if you dont get further then a conversation. :p

Well, i didn't think about that, but I thought it was obvious that a guy with little confidence would have lots of trouble getting girls. Despite having a NW1.

PiggyHogDaddy

Reaction score
I was thinking that a really big advantage to going bald is that you avoid becoming an arrogant egotistical narcissist, and remain humble and gracious, deriving confidence from something less superficial.
Then in a few years when I'm sure we'll all have grown hair back, we will retain these qualities, and be such strong people. Thus we will appriciate normal everyday life so much more than those who have had an easy ride.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PiggyHogDaddy said:
I was thinking that a really big advantage to going bald is that you avoid becoming an arrogant egotistical narcissist, and remain humble and gracious, deriving confidence from something less superficial.
Then in a few years when I'm sure we'll all have grown hair back, we will retain these qualities, and be such strong people. Thus we will appriciate normal everyday life so much more than those who have had an easy ride.
i dont know about the rest of you but losing my hair and fighting for it has made me more arrogant egotistical narcissist

PiggyHogDaddy

Reaction score
roki said:
PiggyHogDaddy said:
i dont know about the rest of you but losing my hair and fighting for it has made me more arrogant egotistical narcissist

yeah but you know what i mean.
What would be an advantage is if there was more of a community within bald men, as there is with other minority groups ....e.g. i work in a bar, and i may well accidently forget to charge a fellow balding compatriote for a drink or two if you know what I mean....I say we should make it an advantage to be bald

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
PiggyHogDaddy said:
yeah but you know what i mean.
What would be an advantage is if there was more of a community within bald men, as there is with other minority groups ....e.g. i work in a bar, and i may well accidently forget to charge a fellow balding compatriote for a drink or two if you know what I mean....I say we should make it an advantage to be bald
HAHA that's a great idea
no comb over's though cus they give us a bad name

s.a.f

Reaction score
What you two dont know about the secret society?...The bald mans handshake?... the norwood discount?.... :hairy:

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the norwood discount
i should get discounts! i spend so much on my crapy hair!!!!

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
The advantage to going bald is that you shave your head and find out that the pretty ladies like to rub your bald scalp and tell you how it feels like a baby's bottom. :)

You also don't have to use shampoo or conditioner. My shower time is down to ten minutes, five of which are spent with the Headblade.

Shaving your head doesn't make you look older. It masks your age because your hairline is gone. Bald has been "in" as a fashionable look for guys for at least a decade now. Stop worrying so much about it.