Testosterone Has Ruined My Life... And It’s Making Me Annoyed

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pigeon how is your hair at this point? I know you don’t care that much at this point but what Norwood are you? Using any treatment?

HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I care about hair, if not I would not be here lol. I'm using zix now. And I'm following new possible treatments closely.

I'm NW1.5 with a bad vertex.

Are you using Minoxidil as well?

HLV

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope but if zix is not enough I might consider minoxidil+microneedling (or regenera if we get some more results)

Minoxidil and microneedling apparently can give very good results.

HLV

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We all know that's what's bothering you, lol no need to deny it everyone knows that. You're insecure about your dangerous hormone regimen to save your hair, hence you hate it when I call it out for what it is, a transexual regimen with all the risks involved.

And if you need that regimen to save your hair then just stop. Shave it or get a hair system.

I'm not bothered by anything, you're the one calling me names (not the other way around). I asked you a simple question and you opted not to answer (whilst insulting me). What is with your disdain towards transsexuals anyway? As long as they're open about it and aren't trying to trick people I don't have a problem with their life style. FYI, the majority of trans people identify themselves as "I'm FTM trans" or "I'm MTF trans"

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My friend, you were calling me out. If you can't take the heat, don't @ me.

And my only disdain is against men promoting transexual hormone treatment to other balding men, I find this to be criminal. (not saying you do this)

I have nothing agains transexuals if they keep to themselves and don't push their lifestyles in other people's faces.

Yar is the only one out of us all who was promoting estradiol to people, so cut that act out. You are just unhappy that people like us are able to openly speak about our regimens, and that it’s the most viewed subject within this website.

I think the issue here is that you had a negative experience with finasteride, and now you are trying to apply your experience to all of us. But your experience is quite the opposite; my side effects on such a regimen is mainly gynecomastia, and that seems to be similar upon estradiol/bicalutamide users.

I do not suffer with gender dysphoria, therefore me being transgender is out of the picture. And that’s the same case with most of the people on these regimens; we are doing it to cancel out androgen-dependant issues.

topical spironolactone (which I don't think does much) isn't the same as oral spironolactone but yes I'm well aware of the potential feminizing effects of Duta/finasteride (I have accepted it because as of right now it's what is available to me/us). If it wasn't the high risk of developing gyno and possible feminization of fat distribution I would add a lot more "stuff" to my current repertoire -- Duta is where I draw the line.

That is not what I said at all. Re-read what I wrote please.

You are fixing to end up bald for no real reason (IMHO)

Correct, topical spironolactone doesn’t do much. Even orally, it’s the worst anti-androgen.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, why would I care that the androgen thread is the most viewed, popular thread? (btw I think microneedling topic is much more popular) You keep it there I have no problems with it at all. Anyway, enough has been said already about all this. You do you but expect other opinions if you post in other threads and sections about your hormone treatment.

I meant on the success story page, since that's where people end up going when they want success similar to the thread creators. Within the top five, it's either finasteride stories or transgender regimen stories.

Nonetheless, I am fine with people giving opinions. But these opinions do not need to be based around the preservation of masculinity, since that's not something which is bothersome for me. I still believe the idea of scientists coming up with an alternative hormone is a situational idea, especially for those who have had to have an orchiectomy due to prostate cancer or an accidental injury to that area.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Men's testosterone levels are actually going down. I read at least 3 articles saying that men's testosterone leves has dropped in last 30 years. I have a theory about human evolution and it is that:

In the past both men and women had very high levels of testosterone and were very strong physically, super hairy, and had deep voice pitch, but women's testosterone levels dropped to low levels, while men retained higher levels of testosterone because they had to hunt and fight. The testosterone dependant traits like physical strenght and more body hair gave them advantage in hunting, fighting and working.
As the civilisation started developing, men don't need these traits, because they no longer need to hunt and to work hard in order to survive. As a result men will suffer the same fate as women, and the testosterone levels will be placed in female range.

Future men might look completely different compared to men we know now. They will have shorter height, poor facial and body hair, high voices as these present in prepubescent boys, castrates and women, and will be no stronger than women.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Men's testosterone levels are actually going down. I read at least 3 articles saying that men's testosterone leves has dropped in last 30 years. I have a theory about human evolution and it is that:

In the past both men and women had very high levels of testosterone and were very strong physically, super hairy, and had deep voice pitch, but women's testosterone levels dropped to low levels, while men retained higher levels of testosterone because they had to hunt and fight. The testosterone dependant traits like physical strenght and more body hair gave them advantage in hunting, fighting and working.
As the civilisation started developing, men don't need these traits, because they no longer need to hunt and to work hard in order to survive. As a result men will suffer the same fate as women, and the testosterone levels will be placed in female range.

Future men might look completely different compared to men we know now. They will have shorter height, poor facial and body hair, high voices as these present in prepubescent boys, castrates and women, and will be no stronger than women.

Evolution is taking the right path

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude arent you a feminine gay man? why you projecting your issue to all men? most men dont have any problem with testosterone (only the hair sensitivity), you are the exception.
Also, sorry for the ignorance, but if you taking trans hormones, cant they actually get you back hair that you lost?

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t need to convince myself; beauty trends change throughout the years, and the future is androgyny.
don't act like you leave the house for long enough to know sh*t about the outside world

you aren't fooling anybody in here

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
don't act like you leave the house for long enough to know sh*t about the outside world

You don't need to leave the house to be aware of the future, and how trends change over the years. It's common knowledge that trends change over the years, and that androgyny is increasing, even through evolution.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude arent you a feminine gay man? why you projecting your issue to all men? most men dont have any problem with testosterone (only the hair sensitivity), you are the exception.
Also, sorry for the ignorance, but if you taking trans hormones, cant they actually get you back hair that you lost?

I'm not sure that relevance the beginning of your comment has. In fact, it's an equal amount of straight and homosexual men who are using such a regimen, since our goals are the same. I don't understand why you believe that this topic applies to everyone, neither was that stated by myself. Scientists finding an alternative hormone to prevent the effects of castration-level testosterone levels (e.g. osteoporosis, hot flashes) which doesn't lead to androgen dependant issues is an interesting idea in my opinion.

HLV

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Ikarus more or less ends up in disagreement with everyone outside the hormonal route section. It’s more or less established at this point.

HLV