Temple Regrowth/Maintenance on Big 3 (Pics Updated Aug 2007)

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
Not a major difference after being on the Big 3 for about 6 months now. But definately not getting worse... and possibly some thin hairs coming in. I've added topical Retin A now 1x per day to see if I can get the minoxidil working better.

hair07wf9.jpg

aug07mg6.jpg

Wave

Established Member
Reaction score
looks pretty good.
I have a question. Before you started, was your hairline receding? If so, how fast? And how long did it take for you to notice it to stop receding? Also, what do you think was the cause of the stop in recession (the finasteride, minoxidil?)? The reason why i ask is because i'm just takign finasteride and nizoral, and i want my hairline to stop receding, but it hasn't done it yet (almost 4 months into finasteride).

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
Wave said:
looks pretty good.
I have a question. Before you started, was your hairline receding? If so, how fast? And how long did it take for you to notice it to stop receding? Also, what do you think was the cause of the stop in recession (the finasteride, minoxidil?)? The reason why i ask is because i'm just takign finasteride and nizoral, and i want my hairline to stop receding, but it hasn't done it yet (almost 4 months into finasteride).

My hairline has been slowly receding since 2003 or so. Maybe like 1mm per year. I started finasteride+nizoral last year, didn't see much... although I didn't take pics. The minoxidil 5% I feel is improving the thickness along the hairline, with some vellous hairs apparently beginning to show.

tomas99

Established Member
Reaction score
Subliminal said:
Wave said:
looks pretty good.

My hairline has been slowly receding since 2003 or so. Maybe like 1mm per year. I started finasteride+nizoral last year, didn't see much... although I didn't take pics. The minoxidil 5% I feel is improving the thickness along the hairline, with some vellous hairs apparently beginning to show.

Kingdom for receding hairline 1 mm per year. Mine is about 1 cm per 6 months.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
tomas99 said:
Subliminal said:
Wave said:
looks pretty good.

Kingdom for receding hairline 1 mm per year. Mine is about 1 cm per 6 months.

no way, if thats the accurate rate, you will be bald within 3 years.

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, after about a month of topical RetinA 1x per day, looks like I have tufts of hair coming in at the temples. Hopefully it continues getting thicker. :D

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Those temples are coming along tremendously... hows the rest of the hair?

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Where applying minoxidil?

How are you? Things lookin good 4 u!! Can you describe where and how you apply the minoxidil? Did you shed at all? Have a great day!-Tim

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
Temples are the only place I have hairloss. About 1ml total of minoxidil is sprayed along the hairline twice per day and quickly rubbed in. In mornings, I leave it on for about 10 minutes while I brush my teeth, have some breakfast, etc. Then I shower up and get ready for my day. Retin-A cream goes on before the minoxidil at nights only.

That's it. Just your by-the-book regimen with the other big 2.

JWM

Reaction score
Wait. You only leave minoxidil on for 10 minutes before washing it off?

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
Subliminal said:
Yep. 10 minutes and it's probably absorbed already. I read it somewhere.

haha, try 4 hours.....after 2hrs about 75% is absorbed.

Actually, you're right. I thought I read it somewhere about the 10 min.... maybe I was thinking something else.

Oh well, I guess the 1x per day has been working well so far. I don't like walking around with greasy hair. 8)