TechnoDerma Medicines new small molecule - TDM-105795

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wanted to share a new small molecule being developed by TechoDerma medicines. They are trialing their drug TDM-105795 / TMI-105795 to treat androgenic alopecia and is actually in phase 1 unlike many other companies which can't seem to get out of pre-clinical.

They've already dosed a few people. They don't really scream and shout about their drug, they're just silently getting on with it so not a lot of information to share.

I've had a glance through the detailed patent and here's what I understood:

TDM-105795 / TMI-105795 is classified as a thyroid receptor stimulant and they state that it “could change hair growth cycle and promote hair growth”. They don’t divulge on those details as to whether it’s prolonging anagen or reducing telogen phase etc.

The vehicle they used is ethanol and pg (70:30) ratio. The chemical structure is available from the patent too.

Their phase 1 dosing consists of the following: "Single dose administration of TDM-105795 Topical Solution, 0.0025% or 0.005% or 0.01%"

All in all, lets hope they have a successful phase 1 and hoping to see more information revealed about this small molecule.

TechnoDerma Medicines Pipeline: http://tkskin.com/en/index.php?a=lists&catid=24
Phase 1 dosing announcement: http://tkskin.com/en/index.php?a=shows&catid=16&id=15
Phase 1 clinical trial registry: https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04913519?term=TDM-105795&draw=2&rank=1
Vague Patent: https://patents.google.com/patent/JP6444487B2/en
Detailed Patent: https://patents.google.com/patent/EP3181556A1/en

Last edited:

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
New chemical and we know the chemical structure, yet there's not yet a GB and an associated discord sever.......!?! :)

I jest, but I probably would give it a go. Desperate times

Thank you OP for the good work

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TDM-105795 / TMI-105795 is classified as a thyroid receptor stimulant and they state that it “could change hair growth cycle and promote hair growth”. They don’t divulge on those details as to whether it’s prolonging anagen or reducing telogen phase etc.
Anyone know what research this is based on? Never heard of thyroid receptors being associated with Androgenetic Alopecia.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn. I think you should call them and tell them to stop their trials then, cuz it seems they are missing this cruical info.
histogen and follica knew for years that their product groeth factors do not eork and they still carry on. so i doubt even with my knowledge thsy would arrest itx they want the added cashflow from yet another nothingburger for hair loss

hmmmmmmmm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

hmmmmmmmm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The second study you posted (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19900809/) is relating to Pfizers old thyroid receptor drug back in the days.
Interesting context, haven’t done more than read the abstracts yet

These non-androgenic approaches like targeting the thyroid receptor or prolactin receptor are interesting for other forms of alopecia

as well as for the small group of people that still manage to lose on finasteride/dutasteride

but I also don’t find thyroid manipulations compelling as something that maps well from mice to humans, will be interesting see human results

In that list of interesting things I’d include that Aclaris topical jak inhibitor being trialed for Androgenetic Alopecia, basically an immunosuppressive approach. Oral didn’t work in trials, but frankly that seemed really dumb to try when they could have spent the effort and tried it topically…

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
oh come on @pegasus2, you spoiled the thread now! I was so interested to read what @hmmmmmmmm would write about this new drug. Although you writing this, won't probably stop him from posting his debilitating analysis anyway.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
oh come on @pegasus2, you spoiled the thread now! I was so interested to read what @hmmmmmmmm would write about this new drug. Although you writing this, won't probably stop him from posting his debilitating analysis anyway.

I think pegasus2 is referring to Pfizers old thyroid receptor drug and not TDM-105795.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think pegasus2 is referring to Pfizers old thyroid receptor drug and not TDM-105795.
Why would this one be any different? They should be done with phase 1 by now. If results were like HMI-115 they would've published it by now

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Website seems to be down. http://tkskin.com/en/

Works for me.

Why would this one be any different? They should be done with phase 1 by now. If results were like HMI-115 they would've published it by now

Valid point, although I'm not really well read up on Pfizers old thyroid receptor drug and just because Pfizers thyroid receptor drug failed I don't believe we can then 100% assume TechnoDermas drug will fail just because it has the same target.

I still I hope something comes from TDM-105795 but there are currently far more interesting drugs in pre-clinical and clinical stages right now. Let's hope TechnoDerma shares more information regarding efficacy and MoA for their small molecule sometime soon.

Last edited:

hmmmmmmmm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is an interesting approach, but like most novel approaches may not map well from animal models to humans

multiple drugs failing in this category should be the expectation, whether or not they eventually find one that works
and the process will be very slow

like HMI, this deserves 15 minutes of attention whenever new information becomes available
if research is published for either showing an effect in humans, I'll get more interested

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
@hmmmmmmmm of course humans are not mice. Is it fortunate or unfortunate, it all depends how much importance you place into hair.
We still need to start somewhere with in-vivo. So you still don't see any interest in having some very motivated human beings on these discord servers trying drugs because the experimental process is not perfect. Okay, I got that. But let me remind you that most drugs (finasteride, HMI, etc.) have had to raise the eye brows on even the most stringent scientists based on their cosmetic effect on hair before becoming more studied for Androgenetic Alopecia. This is this effect I am trying to get out of the gb. We don't need super duper experimental processes to validate that there is a cosmetic effect when using various compounds that have demonstrated results on rodents or apes.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's worth trying is up to the person trying it. Many people here try scalp massages or things like broccoli sprouts. There is little to no scientific evidence for such experiments, but if people want to try it that's their business. The treatments that have the most scientific evidence are minoxidil, AAs, microneedling, and estrogen. This is known by everyone. Some people don't want to use them for whatever reason, or they do use them and they are insufficient. These people can try what they want after discussing it with their doctor. Personally I've had more success adding experimental treatments to my regimen, but found no cure without side effects. I'm not interested in trying anything but the most promising treatments now. The most promising one is HMI-115 by far. Macaques are a validated model for testing Androgenetic Alopecia treatments. To date there has not been a single finding in macaques revealing a different etiology in their pattern baldness versus ours, and no treatment has ever been shown to work better on them than on humans. That makes HMI-115 extremely interesting. I would pay almost any amount of money to try it. I can't understand how someone could look at that and say it's probably not going to work on humans. It is mind-boggling. This guy is a literal reddit meme who won't believe the sky is blue until a scientist tells him it is. If you really need to wait 5 years for a peer-reviewed article before recognizing that HMI-115 is likely to work then you simply don't have the ability to use logic.

Last edited: