Tamoxifen

Arnold56

Reaction score
I read a very short article in Muscular Development that there were scientists testing tamoxifen on balding mice. It said that the scientists were applying a cream based tamoxifen to these mice and with in a short period of time, I think it was around two weeks, these mice were growing hair. They reported that the "only problem" was that after prolonged use the mice were growing to much hair.

Has anyone ever tried using some form of topical tamoxifen? I do not think that there is a topical version out there so it would probably have to be homemade. One of the possable side of effects is no, not low, but no sperm count when taken orally. Correct me if I am wrong but arn't there some side effectts if spirolacatone is taken orally? But when spirolacatone is applied topically there are no bad side effects. So maybe if tamoxifen was applied topicaly there would be no bad side effects.

Anybody have any thoughts on this.

Just to let you know Tamoxifen is used to treat breast cancer by supressing estrogen in the body.

Arnold56

Reaction score
Am I the only person in the hairlosstalk world who read this information on tamoxifen in muscular devolopment? I believe it was June or July issue.

Another thing. Does anyone think that if estrogen in the scalp could be eliminated that it would help slow or stop hair loss and or help hair regrowth?

Arnold56

Reaction score
No Comments?

Has nobody looked to see what part estrogen plays in male pattern baldness?

Rudiratlos

Reaction score
the role of estrogen in hairloss is very unclear...

it is know that it plays an more important role in woman...(post partus hairloss...memopause hairloss..due to changes in hormonal status)

the problem is besides DHT, and inflamatorie factors..the Testosteron:estradiol ratio plays an role in hairloss/sexdrive etc????

Nolvadex (tamoxifen) is a estrogen-like substance...it conects with the estrogen receptor...and can do 2 things....nothing...just sits there..body estrogen can connext with the receptor...(this happens in the breast tissue..this is why women with breast cancer use it) ...
but on other parts off the body it works pro estrogeneic...(protate????)

how it works in the scalp is unknown...
and than again. Estradiol kill your sexdrive... but low estradiol kill your sex drive to....
its al about RATIO...

a very difficult issue

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is important to note that some stuides have shown that prolongued use of this drug by males can cause INFERTILITY!

I read this a while ago, can't remember the reference. This drug is often used by steroid users to stop gyno, as it acts as an anti-estrogen.