Taking pictures, seeing hairloss

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on Propecia since the end of September. I have taken 3 lots of photos since that time, and I'm seeing that the first photo displayed a bunch of hair, the second lot of photo's showed less hair. Recently I took another bunch of photos and this lot showed even less hair.

All of them are compared on my crown with camera flash on.

I realise it may be that I have received differing hair cuts, but could it be that I am still continuing to thin quite drastically?

What is a site where I can host pictures? I might try posting a few of that area to get another point of view.

I read in the Success Stories sticky, that you need to stick with a regimen for 2 years for optimal results, but lately, I'm just feeling downright awful about my hair loss. Especially recently after I took my photo's.

I'd hoped and prayed that my hair would look better, but it looks worse.

I can't handle this. Feeling very sad about it.

What should I do? Should I be optimistic about my regimen? (1mg of Propecia a day or 1/4 pill of Proscar a day). Will I see better results soon?

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Be optimistic about your regime, theoretically you have gone through the worst of it, you have done well to stick with it so far. I use personally photobucket to host photos.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would add something else. I added minoxidil and all I can say is that my proscar-only regimen has drastically improved since.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
So you're saying this was just another shed cycle? Because I hope things will get better soon. I've noticed the thinning spreading forward from my crown into the front of my hair as well. It is horrible.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
person_123 said:
So you're saying this was just another shed cycle? Because I hope things will get better soon. I've noticed the thinning spreading forward from my crown into the front of my hair as well. It is horrible.
Yes it could just be a shed cycle, or your male pattern baldness is severe, if so then it will just happen faster without finasteride, and then there's absolutely no chance of it growing back then either.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
That second sentence you said scared me quite a bit. If that's really the case then I'm pretty much fucked. How do I tell if it's a shed cycle or not? Do I just have to ride it out? Or are there some things that will indicate this is merely a shed cycle and I shouldn't worry.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i had greate suckses with finasteride and rogain foam... could help.
i got fast results..on that combined. chanses are that nott that much regrowth with only finasteride, chanses are better to get much more with minoxidil (rogaine)
Good luck 8)

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
person_123 said:
That second sentence you said scared me quite a bit. If that's really the case then I'm pretty much fucked. How do I tell if it's a shed cycle or not? Do I just have to ride it out? Or are there some things that will indicate this is merely a shed cycle and I shouldn't worry.

You won't know for sure until you've given it a reasonable amount of time, your situation is in no way unusual, you've nothing to worry about at this stage, just hang in there as you still have every chance of responding well.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't like hearing that I wont get much regrowth with finasteride if I'm not using minoxidil.

I don't want to use minoxidil. I dislike the product completely. I realise you were only wanting to help me, but saying finasteride will not give you regrowth is saddening.

I guess UK78, you're right. My situation might not be unusual, and if indeed it is a shed cycle, it may mean I'll get good regrowth soon.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
person_123 said:
I don't like hearing that I wont get much regrowth with finasteride if I'm not using minoxidil.

I don't want to use minoxidil. I dislike the product completely. I realise you were only wanting to help me, but saying finasteride will not give you regrowth is saddening.

I guess UK78, you're right. My situation might not be unusual, and if indeed it is a shed cycle, it may mean I'll get good regrowth soon.

finasteride might give you regrowth, I have seen some great before and afters.
The benefits vary so much from person to person that the only way of knowing for sure how well you are going to respond is to stick with it through thick and thin, just try to remember that it is unlikely that it will be doing nothing, at very least it should be slowing things down.