Switched to Proscar.... feeling different...

dirkdiggler

Reaction score
Hey all. Was on Propecia for almost a year, then now switched to proscar. Been on that for about 2 weeks now, and since the first couple days of starting it I felt strange and still do. The changes seem to be an increase in anger. Seriously, I feel so mad sometiems over nothing, and get so angry over little things. Besides the anger I feel like I have hit a rock bottom when it comes to strength and endurance. I just want to sleep alot and not do a f*****g thing. Maybe this is related to something else, but just thought it was weird that it came immediately after taking 1.25 MG of Proscar daily. Also, increase in headaches, itchy eyes, and ofcourse, libido.
Any advice? Thanks!

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe your just in a slump that everyone goes through from time to time but you're also taking .25mg more finasteride so it's a change your body will have to get used to.

I'd wait it out and see if things improve, there isn't really anything else you can do except got back to propecia.

grabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Man do i feel the same ... Was on Cipla finasteride before. Now since 2 Week i am on Mercks Proscar and i do feel like you described. Tried to lower the dose to 0.75mg approx. Seems to be better i think. Will see in a week from now if it stays like that. But like you said, i never feel to do anything, feel tired everytime.

Best luck to you Man.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I will bet you anything that the increase of finasteride to 1.25mg is the reason. When starting finasteride, you can actually experience an increase of testosterone and experience side effects simular to steroids, angression, increased libido, mood swings, etc... I believe the increase of the drug from propecia 1.0 to proscar, 1.25 is the reason. I experienced the same thing when I started the drug except I started with 1.25. This will soon wane, I would promise you. Sometimes this will be followed up by a slightly larger drop off.. for example (the other extreme) of lowering testoserone.. This too is only temporary, and won't last that long. I had that side effect also.