Success?

MSU4life

Reaction score
About a month ago I went through what seemed to be an awful shed, after about 5 months on finasteride and 2 on the foam. Sick of looking at my hair thinning every day I buzzed it all off. As it grew in it seemed to be very patchy and a weird texture. I visited my Dr. and he said new growth on finasteride takes a while, but he did see some comming in. I buzzed my hair again today with a 2 guard and it seems a lot less patchy and a much more normal texture. My theory, which I hope to be correct is that the shed hairs have caught up in legnth to the hair that was not shed. Anyone experience something similar? Does this make sense?

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
yea I had something similar to that effect. i think those on treatments should buzz hair every 3 months for first 12 months to see if they notice regrowth. it is very easy to tell if you have had regrowth when your hair is only a quater inch because u can hide your hair loss with your pre existing hair like some do.

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
I experience the same thing after a buzz cut, but I'm not sure it is in reason of minoxidil because I have those hairs growing at different speed all over my head.

Keep it up with the foam anyway, you can only make a first conclusion to see if it's working after 4 months and expect the best of it not only after 12-18 months...

Good luck, keep on going with the treatment.