Success with Rogaine and Lasercomb

dragonlad

Reaction score
To begin I'm sorry to say that I do not have before and after pics. I am a 24 year old male that started balding in my junior year of High School. People would say stuff jokingly, did'nt really bother me until I started to notice that it was starting to get really bad. My hairloss started out with a receding hairline but when I got to about my sophmore year of college, was'nt fully bald but you could see my scalp in the front and it got pretty bad in the back. I first tried rogaine for a bit, but did'nt keep up with it because it was really inconvenient and you can't really style your hair while using rogaine, so I stopped using rogaine for a little over a year, because at this point my hair was receding but my scalp was not terribly visible. Over a year later my scalp was very visible and I felt like this is it, I'm bald. Now that my hair had thinned so much, I realized my only option was to use rogaine no matter how inconvenient. I read an article, I believe on this website, that stated a study had been conducted at a University that said rogaine does work for the front of the scalp as well as the back, which most of you know the instructions for rogaine state that it only works for the vertex. At this point I was ready to try anything, so I applied rogaine to my entire scalp once or twice a day, or stay as close to that as my schedule would allow. Now as I said earlier and most of you know, rogaine makes your hair look like you have grease all over your head, so I bought a hat I liked and wore it everytime I had in rogaine, pretty much the only choice you have if you will be in public. The thing with rogaine is that you are going to shed like crazy for the first 3-5 months, which will be discouraging because you will look more bald than ever before. Just stick with it because you are getting rid of weak hairs in cycle for newer, stronger hair. At about the fourth month I could see little tiny almost white hairs developing on my receding hairline, a place where I had'nt had hair in years. Around this same time, I saw a link to the famous NBC Dateline lasercomb story. As most people know, they actually said that the guy who used it had substantial results. I did more research and found out this thing was $700 which I would happily pay but being in college, I did'nt have the money for it. I was so determined to grow my hair back I got a credit card and orderd the lasercomb as soon as I could. I recieved it on 6/5/05 so I have been using it for a year. Both rogaine and the lasercomb have helped me tremendously, my scalp is much less visible and my hairline has come down tremendously. I have a vast amount of thick, dark hairs filling in my temples. I think it will take about another year to get exactly where I want my hairgrowth to be, but the success I have had so far is amazing. Growing back your hair is a long, slow process, but if you stay commited and give the treatments time to work, you can grow back you hair and let go of the mental anguish. I also did not want to use propecia because of the possibleside effects, being in college I wanted to grow my hair back so I could still get the girls. Whats the use if you can't get an errection. I don't want to make this to long so if anybody has any questions about my regimen or anything else, please reply and I will gladly answer what I can. I know how hairloss can affect you mentally, but there are solutions if you put forth the effort.

English

Established Member
Reaction score
My story is pretty similar. minoxidil, Laser comb, Revivogen, and Hat. .. Had great results .. have a look at ' Need help to post pics well worth seeing'. pics on page 1 and 9. Beggining to wonder if the Hat plays a part. :)

Goingat20

Reaction score
dragon- how many times a week did you use the lasercomb? And for how long? Did you just use is brushing hair backwards? Congratz on success

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
they are still peddling the old story of "awaiting FDA approval on their clinical trials"

Ive had communications with the FDA numerous times and they are not prepared to either confirm or deny that any such clinical data has been submitted to them - really helpful

so either its true or the lasercomb people are exploiting a loophole for marketing purposes is my best guess

dragonlad

Reaction score
dragon- how many times a week did you use the lasercomb? And for how long? Did you just use is brushing hair backwards? Congratz on success

I use the lasercomb 3 times a week for avout thirty minutes. I start with front to back, left side to right side, back to front, and last I do right side to left. I usually do give problem areas an extra couple of seconds. It really makes the hair you have come out a lot darker and thicker. I highly recomend the lasercomb to anyone who has really thin hair with visible scalp. Not sure if it will actually help with men who have no hair top. I remember reading an article somewhere on here about a year ago that in Canada the lasercomb has been government approved for a medical device. Might be a litte off but it something along those lines. After reading that article and others like it, the Dateline story and a couple of people on here confirm its effectivness, I ordered it, and am sure my progress would not be where it is today without it. You can't really listen to all the negative things people write on here about solutions to hairloss. Just do your research and give it a try. My recomendations from my experience is rogaine, lasercomb, thickening shampoo, and propecia. Again, I won't take propecia due to the side affects, but my barber has been on propecia for the last year and he has grown a lot of his back, almost all of it. Hope that helped.

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
English, are you using Revivogen Scalp Therapy along with the shampoo and the conditioner?

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
LaserComb is very expensive $545. I want one by christmas better start saving now :D

joeb

Reaction score
under your regimen, it says "Nioxin DHT blocking shampoo"... is this a new product or is it simply their "actives" shampoo..??