Success! Well.... Kinda

SotaBoy

Reaction score
I decided to share my results but VERY curious to see if anyone had a similar experience(s) I have had.

About 4 months ago I decided to step up my treatment program and add/change a few things. I've been using 2 of the so called "BIG 3" for 5 years (minoxidil liquid and Nizoral Shampoo) religiously with decent results. I'd rotate good shampoo/conditioner like Aveda, Nixon, American Crew etc.... along with taking a Male Multi-vitamin 2x a day. I am in my 30's and have frontal and crown thinning that started gradually in my late 20's.

Here's what I did for 3-4 months -
1) Switched to FOAM instead of liquid. Didn't mind the liquid but was interested in trying the FOAM.
2) Tried the S-Cream from this website.
3)nizoral same... (Every 3rd day)
4) Revita Hair Growth Shampoo 2x daily

WOW! Did that Mess things up! I really am not one to count hairs or stare at my hair line for hours but I think SOMETHING in that regimen gradually caused my hair to totally shed and look like total crap! Heck.....About 1 month ago I THOUGHT about shaving my head! I was losing hair, thinning ALL over the top of my head..... it was crazy! I am sure the stress didn't help but I was FREAKED OUT!

I decided to STOP the S-cream (went through 3 jars) and go back on the liquid AT NIGHT because the foam rocks in the morning because it drys so quickly!! I was taking a chance because it is possible the FOAM caused this, I didn't know...
Since my SCALP was so irritated I switched to Aveda Scalp shampoo/conditioner consistently morning and night which healed my scalp. I also added 5000mcg of Biotin and started back on fish oil/Omega 3 along with my Multi 2x a day.

I can finally say in 1+ month my hair totally has bounced back and is growing like crazy. I can see normal size hairs "regrowing" and the thinkness of my hair is back to normal. I was actually "counting" my hair(s) falling out in the shower and at the rate I was losing them before it was only a matter of time! Now..... maybe 5-8 hair(s) I lose per shower which seems normal.

So.... my questions - -- Have people had bad experience switching from liquid to foam minoxidil? Is it because of the different delivery method? I made SURE that the foam went directly on the scalp ALWAYS. OR.... was the S-CREAM a huge shock to my regimen that caused me to shed? Have people had luck with that cream? I am VERY curious because that shedding was horrible to go through... fortunately it stopped and it seems that my regimen is actually working better with new "regrowth" in the frontal area... I guess time will tell.