Success or not?[pics included]

Dannie

Reaction score
These are shots I took earlier today. Unfortunately I have no pictures from earlier stages so I'll take these for a baseline.

dscn35640rc.jpg

dscn35694hn.jpg

I've been using 2% Minoxidil for about a year and ten months, recently switched to 5% also included Neo Pecia Forte 400 (saw palmetto + vitamins and minerals for hair - including niacin, zinc and biotin among other). I'm 26 and have problem just with receding hairlines with really slight thinning at the crown. I'm aware that my hairlines receded since 2004 and that I have lost some hair on the frontal hairline area but there's also some new hair that started to grow thicker. I guess it's because of lack of anti-androgen therapy which I'm looking forward to include (probably topical) if saw palmetto proves ineffective. What do you think?

Dannie

Reaction score
Not yet. I'm considering some topical anti-androgen treatment like spironolactone. What do you think about pictures, Aplunk1? I've managed to maintain my hairline which was almost completely gone in 2004 when I started Minoxidil. I know it might look as I'm actually loosing it (as I mentioned earlier there is still slight recession) but I guess it's the maximum you can get from 2% Minoxidil

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
very hard to say. hasnt ur hair grown longer also?

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Bogdan, you must be from Slovenia. Where did you buy those Neo Pecia Forte 400?

Dannie

Reaction score
@ANDREW_J_I: Yes, of course, but it's a good sign, isn't it?

@Apoc: No mate, I'm from Serbia.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeh, im growing mine also so its hard to see any gains coz it cud just be the hair growing, not getting thicker, and not increasing in numbers.

Dannie

Reaction score
Well as long as it grows longer I'm happy even if it doesn't grow thicker because it was much worse two years ago when I started 2% minoxidil. A month ago I've switched to 5% and hope to see real results in two or three months.