Success on minoxidil 5% and keto

Smashedface

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Im from sweden and i suffer from male pattern baldness, there, now that's said :)

Ive been hanging around this forum and a swedish offspring of it for some time now, and I've been on a regimen with only Keto 2% and minoxidil 5% plus some vitamins, including zinc and Biotin and some other various stuff you get in the same package.

Anyhow, I've been treating now since about march this year with this regimen. I've missed a few days of applying the stuff, but who doesn't? :) Anyway, i want to share my results so far with you guys and maybe get some opinion on what my next step should be, stick to the treatment, or maybe addding some other stuff?
I've been reluctant to start with finasteride cause of my girlfriend was being pregnant and i've read that if she gets my sperm im her during the pregnancy it can cause deformations on the baby. But now the baby is out so that shouldn't be a problem.
I've also wondered about the possible success with S5 spironolactone cream, to inhibit DHT locally. I do understand that finasteride is more effective, but if i can get rougly the same result with S5 than i guess that would be the ideal choice for me,

Well, enough talk. Here are some pictures of when i started my regimen, this was back in march:
imag0165i.jpgimag0167u.jpgimag0168b.jpg

And here I am now:
IMAG0706.jpgIMAG0707.jpgIMAG0710.jpg

So I would say this is a pretty big success for me and i hope to keep it

HairGuru22

Established Member
Reaction score
thats a nice succes, i can see your temples are filling in nicely. I think you should consider finasteride though, finasteride will most likely thicken your hair and maintain it.

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Amazing results! How much have you been applying? How many times per day?

person22

Reaction score
thats some really good results, as soon as u said u were swedish i knew youd be blonde haha, ive been on the same regime for a month less than you so im interested in when the growth came? im in month 5 now and hairloss has stopped and had a few hairs grow back but nothing major, lots of light vellus hair tho

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you experience any side effects?

Smashedface

Reaction score
Did you experience any side effects?
Just the shedding, if you can say that is a side effect? And some minor scalp irritation, but that was "cured" with starting on keto-schampoo.

how often u use nizoral?
I use it 3-4 times a week. And let it sink in for about 5-10 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

thats some really good results, as soon as u said u were swedish i knew youd be blonde haha, ive been on the same regime for a month less than you so im interested in when the growth came? im in month 5 now and hairloss has stopped and had a few hairs grow back but nothing major, lots of light vellus hair tho

Thanks man, and yeah, im quite blonde ;)
I saw the templehairs about 2 weeks after i started treatment, but they were super minutuarized back then, it was about 1 month ago it really started to thicken up. I would also say that my hairloss has stopped btw :) as of the time beeing anyway.

human

Reaction score
That is genuinely impressive, if you look at the sixth picture you have put up, it is looking superb for you, congratulations!

I have a question or two about the vitamin tablets you are using. What are they and how often do you use them? Do you think they are important to hair growth?

Thanks

Smashedface

Reaction score
That is genuinely impressive, if you look at the sixth picture you have put up, it is looking superb for you, congratulations!

I have a question or two about the vitamin tablets you are using. What are they and how often do you use them? Do you think they are important to hair growth?

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words! :) And yes, i do look like the 6th pic at this very moment.
The vitamin pills are more or less for my daily well-being, i dont really believe they impact my hairloss in that matter. Plus I only take them every other day so it's not that frequent anyway.
But, its biotin in the mix, so that could do some good i guess for growth.