Styling products for long(er) hair (mousse,spray,etc)

kikoman

Established Member
Reaction score
I've seen many people discussign American Crew fiber and other paste products as a good way to make your hair look thicker, but that is for shorter messy styles. My hair is somewhat diffuse on top and receding a bit at the temples. I basically comb it forward and to the side (beatles like hair). Its down to my eyebrows. Anyhow I use loreal VIVE thickening mousse now.

Is there anything else that you find better for control or thickening (both needed).

is American Crew Lotion (thickening) any good ?

please suggest something.

HairyPotter

Established Member
Reaction score
kikoman said:
Is there anything else that you find better for control or thickening (both needed).

please suggest something.

Have you seen the movie "There's something about Mary"?.
A handful of that stuff Cameron Diaz uses seems to work the best.

Deaner

Reaction score
Use a glue, like got2b spiking glue if you want the hold. I mix mine with Dippity Do Styling/Defining Wax (level 6 hold) to get more control and give me more time to style. I start with more glue than wax, then once my hair's up, I mold it with a mixture of more wax/less glue, finally ending with just wax sometimes to mess it up a little bit more.

You'll also find that working this mixture through your hair while styling puffs it up and gives you some added thickness. This is because of the glue entirely, so experiment with the amount of wax. Too much wax, and you'll get the wet/see through gel look.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
dd