Strip Vs. FUE

kriss

Reaction score
After hours of research and visiting 3 DRs, it seems to me that a Strip will prduce better quality grafts than a FUE. FUE may pull, streched the graft. Is this correct, or incorrect?

Other than avoiding a strip scar , why would you do a FUE? It does appear FUE allowsthe DR to obtain grafts from various areas, whereas with a strip, the DR is limited to what is in the strip.

Thoughts, comments?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Dont know what you mean by better quality grafts. :dunno: If you go to a competent Dr they should all grow just aswell wether its strip or FUE.
The main reason for strip being used over FUE is simply for larger sessions. The FUE technique is time and labour intensive making it hard to do more than 1000-1200 grafts in a day. This is not very appropriate if you have a high level of loss and need a large amount of grafts. Whilst with strip most Dr's can do 4/5/6,000+ in a single day (if you have that many available).
IMO its best to go for FUE and not have ascar to worry about if you only have minor hairloss ie: up to NW3 level. The only drawback is the increased cost.

theanimator

Reaction score
it seems to me that a Strip will prduce better quality grafts than a FUE.

From what I've read the things that affect the quality of the grafts are what happen to it while it's out of your head...such as they need to stay well hydrated.

I'm getting the Strip procedure because I'm never going to totally shave my head..the lowest I'll go is a #4. Also, I'm getting a lot of grafts and it just seem logical and easier to use a strip instead of poking a thousand holes in the back of my head. It's cheaper too, but that really didn't affect my decision. The main thing is I know for a fact that I will never bic my head...so what's the harm of a having a scar that no one will ever see...including me.

On the other hand..
If I had a 1" bald spot and looked good with a shaved head...I'd go with FUE.

kriss

Reaction score
I read a article, I think from Dr. Feller, that address that FUE are subject to twisting, pulling, squeezing doing extraction. and that some may suffer damamge. Plus I've read several places that the transection of grafts is higher with FUE.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I still think that the increased risks of FUE are only a tiny tiny % and they are easily made up for by not having a strip scar. If it was a choice for me I would 100% go for FUE over strip.