Steriods and topicals

fitnessguy1990

Reaction score
Hi, I did cycles of steriods and wanted to ask a question about it.
Since my trenbolone cycle I had so much hairloss for months and kept using it, it was 700 mg tren ace for 4+ months (thank god im have 0 balds spots) with this strong androgen compound steriod

I wanted to do a mild testosterone + NPP cycle and i wanted to use the following, ketoconazole shampoo 3 times every week, RU8 topical, spironalctone creme topical, pumpkin oil capsules and eventually if needed finasteride 1 mg ED

Would this be a safe combination?

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.goodlookingloser.com/entry/hair-loss-prevention-guide-part-5

This guy apparently has a lot of experience with hair loss from steroids and based on his cycles he states that nandrolone (NPP) is considered a 'hair safe' steroid by itself if you aren't on finasteride. This may sound counterproductive not to be on finasteride but this is because the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme is needed to metabolise nandrolone into dihydronandrolone, a much weaker androgen, if you're on finasteride on cycle with NPP, 5AR will be inhibited and NPP, a potent androgen, won't be metabolised and hence will begin to miniaturise hair follicles.

He also says to be careful with testosterone as he experienced problems at 350 mg and higher per week. He recommends 250 mg of testosterone per week on cycle. Of course your mileage may vary, I'd titrate the dosage and see how it affects you if you're willing to risk it.

Ignore what he says about azelaic acid on his website, reason being is this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3207614

While azelaic acid may hold promise for alopecia areata, the only studies relating azelaic acid to androgenic alopecia was this one study that concluded that azelaic acid acts as a 5α-reductase inhibitor in vitro while cautioning the readers with a final statement of 'if this inhibition is confirmed in vivo, zinc sulphate combined with azelaic acid could be an effective agent in the treatment of androgen related pathology of human skin'. For some reason this guy on the website had forgone that warning and started using it to treat his own Androgenetic Alopecia with zero in vivo evidence that it works. I wouldn't waste your money and time using it as an antiandrogen because it isn't proven to act as one in vivo

Your regimen for preventing hair loss from steroids looks strong, usually people only go with topical spironolactone and ketoconazole shampoo and achieve good protection but the addition of RU58841 as a failsafe makes it very solid. You'll likely be fine. Best of luck with the gains brah.

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
^Good info.

Nandrolone and Boldenone are generally considered to be more "hair safe" then testosterone as they don't convert to DHT as much (in the case of Boldenone anyway, it is essentially a reduced testosterone). Trenbolone apparently releases more "free test" hence why for so many it ruins their hair. I never tried trenbolone but Winstrol (strong DHT) made my scalp itch like hell and increased shedding. Even on Nandrolone (Deca) only I was shedding like a dog for months. I've been clean for 5 months or so now and after about 3 months, excessive shedding has stopped completely (but I look natty now haha).

I used topical 5% spironolactone (research company) along with Nizoral and ACV while on my Deca blast and so no improvements.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've read stanozolol (Winstrol) and methandrostenolone (Dianabol) are among the most hair-unsafe steroids for those prone to Androgenetic Alopecia.

One visible example is Anders Behring Breivik, the perpetrator of the 2011 Norway Attacks, he did several cycles of both Winstrol and Dianabol. You could see in the early pictures of him a couple years before the attacks he was only NW2 and just after his arrest he was well into NW4, soon to be NW5. Apparently it was mentioned in a book about the events, written by someone who knew him, that he only used minoxidil, obviously didn't get him very far.

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
^Ahh, didn't know he did cycles lol. But you're correct about his quick recession. Could well have played a large role.

Yep, Winstrol and Drostanolone (Masteron) are generally considered to be the worst, Dianabol isn't too far behind. Bit of a double-edged sword with DHT compounds such as Winstrol and Masteron. They make you shed faster (if prone) but they look they give is really amazing (dry, vascular, tight).

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Mhmm he mentioned it a few times in his manifesto. He also said something about his personal aversion of testosterone esters due to his fear of needles.

Haha too right mate, yeah unfortunately it all comes down to the choice people need to make: do you want a perfect body or perfect hair.

Conversely Arnold Schwarzenegger mustn't be prone to Androgenetic Alopecia at all, he used Dianabol and has a great head of hair for his age.

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol yep, there are some people. Run ton of harsh androgens, DHTs. Perfect hair, perfect skin etc. Lucky mofos, seems like a lot of fitness models are like this. Lot of Golden Era bodyuilders had full heads of hair too, good skin. no gyno. Seemed to enjoy life more too. Lot of bodybuilders now look like swollen tomatoes. Red moonface, balding/bald etc. Just look unhealthy in general.

Personally, I think I'm done with AAS (for the foreseeable future anyway). It was nice to see the changes it did make. If I ever would run anything again (when I'm older), I would stick mainly to Testosterone and GH. For that "feel-good" factor. Maybe some mild orals here and there such as Oxandrolone (which I very much enjoyed when I ran it).

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
Such is life eh?

Yeah HGH sounds like the way to go when you're older anyway. I know Stallone and Dwayne Johnson use it and I've read it's said to help with ageing too, so the benefits are vast and the negative effects are widely overstated. Jintropin and Somatropin, are both 191 amino acid sequence, hence molecularly identical to endogenous HGH and shouldn't elicit immune response-mediated side effects.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/human-growth-hormone-hgh?page=2

Looking at these side effects it's actually pretty hard to believe people go around saying "don't take dangerous growth hormone"

All of these are expected for something that can raise IGF-1, so it's no surprise it can accelerate the rate of existing neoplasms as well as increase the risk for type II diabetes and increase cholesterol.

If you're taking HGH responsibly, and by responsibly I mean getting a comprehensive metabolic panel and a complete blood cell count done by your GP before and after your cycle then these side effects should be a non-issue as any problem can be detected early via these blood panels.

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
^Thanks for the link and info!

I'd only consider it if I could afford FDA approved stuff. Something like 2-3iu/day for health, longevity, fat loss and a nice crisp, muscle look. My total AAS use would hypothetically be something like 250mg/wk Testosterone Enanthate and 2-3iu GH 5 days on, 2 days off. Not a stack one would become a monster on, but definitely a nice look and decent size.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Reaction score
No worries mate, glad to be of help!

Yeah definitely, GH may be expensive but it's our health and hence worth it, makes sense why you only see older guys (30+) using it mostly, they can afford it. That sounds like a great stack and very sensible!

shookwun

Reaction score
When I cycled tren I left Nizoral in hair every night. Never lost any hair

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
When I cycled tren I left Nizoral in hair every night. Never lost any hair
Never tried tren but it's meant to be the dogs bollocks. What dosage did you run it at? And what ester(s)? My brother ran it for 10 months straight with most of that time at 1g/wk. All the sweating and sleep troubles people tend to experience really put me off. Plus it's really androgenic.

Injectables I've ran: Test, NPP/Deca, EQ and Desoxy Test Ace (50mg/day. Really nice fullness and vascularity, had to stop after 2 weeks though. PIP was insane, plus inflammation in injection spot). Orals: Epistane, Anavar, Winstrol, Tbol.

Overall I'd say Anavar was my favorite compound. Loved the fullness it gave me along with the dryness, pumps and vascularity. Veins popping all day. Really nice look.

shookwun

Reaction score
I've been on non-stop for about a year. Did one blast of 200mg test Propecia, 400mg tren ace a week. Ended cycle with 40mg dbol ed. Never noticed any hair loss Asides from my temple points loosing pigmentation. Once I came off the tren they became thick in colour and density again. Asides from that
Harsh and androgenic compounds are not needed. More steroids isn't nessearely better. Genetics and drug responce will only take you so far.

I've doubled my training and eating while on 350mg test e week and am making more gains then the blast I was on.

That tren cycle realy did make me lean though. Aside from that I don't see any point. Hit he gym even more then you already are, up calorie intake a d stick to test. More drugs isnt the answer if your diet is 2500 calories and training is 4x a week.

Hit the gym everyday for three weeks straight at 4000 calories a day and you'll understand that more frequent training and quality diet is the answer.

I actually laugh when people at my gym tell me they are running 1+ grams of gear yet look either fat, and bloofy or skinny twinks with blown up traps and shoulders. I see this all the time. Poor quality muscle, haven't trained long and hitting gear hard. It takes a long time to build dense quality muscle.....

Don't need more then 500mg test e. Key is not coming off. WI'll never make a quality physique cycling to be honest.

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
^Completely agree. More gear is not always the answer. I mean after a certain point in development you will need to up the AAS (along with GH/Slin) if you wanna go pro, but for the goals of the average gym rat, you don't really need that much to look great. Hell, I'm making pretty good progress and I'm clean/natty now, probably as much progress as I was when I was on as I was kinda half-assing it while on.

My brother actually didn't look like he lifted after that tren blast, still doesn't (skinnyfat). But then again he doesn't really lift and his diet as zero structure.

shookwun

Reaction score
It's sad to be honest. Nobody wants to work hard anymore.. they think gear will supplement a lack of work ethic and dieting.

Seen to tiny tits in my gym yesterday discussing gear in the change room. Barely look like they lift. Typical stringer less then a year training.

Generation nothingness. So many little twinks walking around on gear and the only results they are getting are blown up traps, and acne on their back. If they actually knew how to diet and train they wouldn't need gear for the first couple years at least and would grow like a weed. The body is so anabolic and sensitive to growth in the beggining years. I must of put on 4 half inches on my arms during my natural phase, and about 2 inches from being on for the last year or so.

Building a dense quality physique takes many years.

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
It's sad to be honest. Nobody wants to work hard anymore.. they think gear will supplement a lack of work ethic and dieting.

Seen to tiny tits in my gym yesterday discussing gear in the change room. Barely look like they lift. Typical stringer less then a year training.

Generation nothingness. So many little twinks walking around on gear and the only results they are getting are blown up traps, and acne on their back. If they actually knew how to diet and train they wouldn't need gear for the first couple years at least and would grow like a weed. The body is so anabolic and sensitive to growth in the beggining years. I must of put on 4 half inches on my arms during my natural phase, and about 2 inches from being on for the last year or so.

Building a dense quality physique takes many years.
Generation nothingness? Definitely know what forum you have been frequenting :p Been on there for almost 3 years myself..

Jayik1

Reaction score
Past 3 years of steroid use put me in the hair loss position im in now. Try switching to SARMs they do not convert to DHT