Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

When the AR and PRLR are activated it inhibits Wnt signalling and a series of gene transcription changes occur that affect cell ashesion and migration, apoptosis and proliferation. Head shape doesn't matter in the process of Androgenetic Alopecia. The threshold at which these gene transcription changes occur becomes lower with age.

The same molecular signalling changes that occur in the scalp concurrently take place in the prostate where there is no tension nor lack of blood flow. In the prostate it leads to bph and in the scalp it leads to Androgenetic Alopecia
I think the mapping of the skull probably plays a role in the area affected, but it's not the cause. I have no idea how/why, but it makes sense due to the cross over between tension/loss regions.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

When the AR and PRLR are activated it inhibits Wnt signalling and a series of gene transcription changes occur that affect cell ashesion and migration, apoptosis and proliferation. Head shape doesn't matter in the process of Androgenetic Alopecia. The threshold at which these gene transcription changes occur becomes lower with age.

The same molecular signalling changes that occur in the scalp concurrently take place in the prostate where there is no tension nor lack of blood flow. In the prostate it leads to bph and in the scalp it leads to Androgenetic Alopecia
So what is the point or biological advantage for this occurring in men? Why does this occur and why should it occur?

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
we should not forget that even if stemson makes progress, this is something for our children(which I will never have anyway) and not for us. nobody cares that they get their hair back in their 40ties when they are in 20ties rn. stemson won't happen for another 10 years, the human trials alone can take an entire decade. hell, think about how long Cassiopeia has been running CB through trial. a whopping 12 years from initial human trials and there is no end in sight. what about regenerative medicine approaches? replicel has been trialing RCH-01 for more than a decade, no end in sight. if the end is in sight add another 2 years market entry period to it

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what is the point or biological advantage for this occurring in men? Why does this occur and why should it occur?
MPHL is a degenerative gene defect. the only reason ti has not been wiped out completely is because most men go bald after they get children. if baldness occurred at 25 in the mean then the gene would be banished as it should be. I see baldness more like a disease and a defect than an evolutionary advantage, society does so as well

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the mapping of the skull probably plays a role in the area affected, but it's not the cause. I have no idea how/why, but it makes sense due to the cross over between tension/loss regions.

Why doesn't it happen to every man then? Why do women have a different pattern of hair loss despite having a different tension pattern? Why does the pattern in macaques not match their tension pattern? It doesn't even match on men, perhaps for some men. Different men have different balding patterns. If it plays any role it would be in Hox patterning in the womb, but this is irrelevant. Relieving scalp tension as an adult will do nothing to change that patterning, and when transplanting hairs from balding to non-balding areas the hairs last longer than the non-balding hairs did, they are permanent in most cases. This has been proven in humans and macaques. The scalp environment is not going to have any bearing on whether or not Stemson works unless it's scarred.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
we should not forget that even if stemson makes progress, this is something for our children(which I will never have anyway) and not for us. nobody cares that they get their hair back in their 40ties when they are in 20ties rn. stemson won't happen for another 10 years, the human trials alone can take an entire decade. hell, think about how long Cassiopeia has been running CB through trial. a whopping 12 years from initial human trials and there is no end in sight. what about regenerative medicine approaches? replicel has been trialing RCH-01 for more than a decade, no end in sight. if the end is in sight add another 2 years market entry period to it

You're comparing Stemson to Cassiopeia and Replicel. Enough said. If it takes them 12 years to get this in the clinic that's an abysmal failure

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The human genome clearly isn't perfect. The Pax gene associated with Androgenetic Alopecia is also associated with reduced risk of scoliosis is women. The androgen receptor is obviously needed by men. Baldness is just the unfortunate byproduct of otherwise beneficial adaptations, and something that there was little selective pressure to eliminate from the genome.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
The human genome clearly isn't perfect. The Pax gene associated with Androgenetic Alopecia is also associated with reduced risk of scoliosis is women. The androgen receptor is obviously needed by men. Baldness is just the unfortunate byproduct of otherwise beneficial adaptations, and something that there was little selective pressure to eliminate from the genome.
male pattern baldness also occurs to late in life for it to be eliminated via selective pressure. It's only modern times where people delay reproduction into their mid-20s+, nevermind 40+ where male pattern baldness is most prevalent

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
male pattern baldness also occurs to late in life for it to be eliminated via selective pressure. It's only modern times where people delay reproduction into their mid-20s+, nevermind 40+ where male pattern baldness is most prevalent
That's what I meant. Most people historically had kids before it set in. It's like asking why wrinkles weren't weeded out lol

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Just watched the Stemson video and it seems like the first product will only be available to a select few i.e. those with money. Does that suggest that the bulk of us will have to wait longer to get access to the technology? say Product 1 is available in 10years and Product 2 available in 15years…"

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Just watched the Stemson video and it seems like the first product will only be available to a select few i.e. those with money. Does that suggest that the bulk of us will have to wait longer to get access to the technology? say Product 1 is available in 10years and Product 2 available in 15years…"
Alexey called me this morning and said "80% discount for HairLossTalk.com user froggy7 and happy new year"

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no Tsuji anymore and dNovo is where Stemson was 2 years ago, despite being founded in the same year

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where was this posted?

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where was this posted?
"
Bree
January 24, 2022

Just watched the Stemson video and it seems like the first product will only be available to a select few i.e. those with money. Does that suggest that the bulk of us will have to wait longer to get access to the technology? say Product 1 is available in 10years and Product 2 available in 15years…"

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no Tsuji anymore and dNovo is where Stemson was 2 years ago, despite being founded in the same year
Lol they solved any problem of hair results so far (that stemson and tsuji still stuck on )
, they only need to test in human and make it scaleable and they are done.(based on the result the had)