Stemson is going to use minipigs in the next stage of their hair cloning research

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i mean you can do an artist job at the hairline and artas at the crown and nobody is fonna notice and it will be aestetically pleasing. people have ridiculous standards, i realized this when people talk about densitity and whether they csn get this and that density natural density blablabla, who gibes a f***, all the matter is to have a decent amount of coverage and a natural hairline
To be honest you only need to worry about the surgen when the hair graft are limited , other wise you can get good results with normal surgen .

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so whx make a product at all? they coule be doing spinal cord treatment with IPC but they chose to focus on this issue that mostly affects men. i think their attrmpts to cure scarring alopecia or areata is even hsrder because with androgenic slopecia you just havr to address the sndrogen sensitivity problem, with other cinditions you havr auto immune issues to address so the cloned hair doesnt just fall out. where is there money coming from?
Regarding the pattern baldness issue: You forgot the other problem, which is skull expansion, being a reason many men and some women lose their hair. As we grow older, strangely our skulls continue to grow (for whatever reason). It seems the best remedy for this at the moment is hormone replacement therapy. Males who transition to females, the skull changes shape slightly (shrinkage) along with other hormonal changes and magically the hairline returns in many cases. The real cure might be doing this to prevent unwanted physiologic changes and getting de novo hair follicles implanted if hair doesn't return. I would have no problem changing sex, but the problem is not being able to reproduce, increased cancer risk, awkward transition period and adapting to the new changes. Of course, there's the pressures of society in doing this and whether or not there will be acceptance or rejection from employers, friends and family. For those wishing to stay men and get the hair back permanently, I really don't see how this is a possibility. Heck, even Finasteride and Dutasteride are potentially feminizing and often cause permanent sexual impotence. So what to do with the hormonal issue needs to be figured out first in this battle. Most men want to stay men but how is it possible to do without eventual hair miniaturization or how to inhibit the 5AR from converting testosterone into DHT without taking away male reproductive sex abilities? Yes, so this is being done in reverse. It is the hormonal issue that needs to be worked out first and then the hair cloning if hair won't return after the hormonal issues have been worked out in individuals.

For autoimmune conditions, yes, that must be worked out first before hair will be able to survive once implanted. This alone can take years to get worked out for people if at all.

For scarring alopecia that is burnt out or happened through traumatic ends this hair cloning idea makes sense, but the skin surface has to be in good shape for the implants to take and grow.

In order words this hair cloning is going to be a cure for some people but for many others it won't be a long-term solution as the hair shrinkage and hair destruction problem will continue without other needed interventions first.

Last edited:

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You forgot the other problem, which is skull expansion, being a reason many men and some women lose their hair. As we grow older, strangely our skulls continue to grow (for whatever reason). It seems the best remedy for this at the moment is hormone replacement therapy. Males who transition to females, the skull changes shape slightly (shrinkage) along with other hormonal changes and magically the hairline returns in many cases. The real cure might be doing this to prevent unwanted physiologic changes and getting de novo hair follicles implanted if hair doesn't return. I would have no problem changing sex, but the problem is not being able to reproduce, increased cancer risk, awkward transition period and adapting to the new changes. Of course, there's the pressures of society in doing this and whether or not there will be acceptance or rejection from employers, friends and family. For those wishing to stay men and get the hair back permanently, I really don't see how this is a possibility. Heck, even Finasteride and Dutasteride are potentially feminizing and often cause permanent sexual impotence. So what to do with the hormonal issue needs to be figured out first in this battle. Most men want to stay men but how is it possible to do without eventual hair miniaturization or how to inhibit the 5AR from converting testosterone into DHT without taking away male reproductive sex abilities? Yes, so this is being done in reverse. It is the hormonal issue that needs to be worked out first and then the hair cloning if hair won't return after the hormonal issues have been worked out in individuals.
You lost me at skull

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding the pattern baldness issue: You forgot the other problem, which is skull expansion, being a reason many men and some women lose their hair. As we grow older, strangely our skulls continue to grow (for whatever reason). It seems the best remedy for this at the moment is hormone replacement therapy. Males who transition to females, the skull changes shape slightly (shrinkage) along with other hormonal changes and magically the hairline returns in many cases. The real cure might be doing this to prevent unwanted physiologic changes and getting de novo hair follicles implanted if hair doesn't return. I would have no problem changing sex, but the problem is not being able to reproduce, increased cancer risk, awkward transition period and adapting to the new changes. Of course, there's the pressures of society in doing this and whether or not there will be acceptance or rejection from employers, friends and family. For those wishing to stay men and get the hair back permanently, I really don't see how this is a possibility. Heck, even Finasteride and Dutasteride are potentially feminizing and often cause permanent sexual impotence. So what to do with the hormonal issue needs to be figured out first in this battle. Most men want to stay men but how is it possible to do without eventual hair miniaturization or how to inhibit the 5AR from converting testosterone into DHT without taking away male reproductive sex abilities? Yes, so this is being done in reverse. It is the hormonal issue that needs to be worked out first and then the hair cloning if hair won't return after the hormonal issues have been worked out in individuals.

For autoimmune conditions, yes, that must be worked out first before hair will be able to survive once implanted. This alone can take years to get worked out for people if at all.

For scarring alopecia that is burnt out or happened through traumatic ends this hair cloning idea makes sense, but the skin surface has to be in good shape for the implants to take and grow.

In order words this hair cloning is going to be a cure for some people but for many others it won't be a long-term solution as the hair shrinkage and hair destruction problem will continue without other needed interventions first.
Bro, what the f*** are you talking about.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So, like I understand they already tested the technology on pigs and it is working pretty well?

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting presentation. Shame no one had any questions. It sounds like they've already had success in pig trials and think they will be ready for human trials soon. That's a lot more optimistic than what we last heard from them. I'm glad they are going with the autologous approach first, as that will be easier to get approved and I'd prefer that anyway.
Like I understand from video presentation they already tested the technology on pigs and have high confidence that this will work on humans. Correct me if I am wrong.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I understand from video presentation they already tested the technology on pigs and have high confidence that this will work on humans. Correct me if I am wrong.

they testes kn pigs but not high confixenxe yet, they said once they do have high confidenxe they will do a B funding and woek towards trials

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What specifically would you like me to clarify?

Skull expansion = hair loss? Come on.

It's a longstanding theory and it's never had scientific support. Just elaborate ideas built out of correlations.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Skull expansion = hair loss? Come on.

It's a longstanding theory and it's never had scientific support. Just elaborate ideas built out of correlations.
I think the argument makes plenty of sense. Tight scalp due to the skull's expansion leads to constriction of the capillaries which are needed to supply blood to the follicles. If this is bogus then how is it that in trans women the skull shape remodels, shrinks in shape or size and miraculously the hairline often returns? The only other argument would be hormonal change. Getting the needed blood supply to the hair follicles is crucial to their thickness and long-term survival. If you still think what I am telling you is theoretical bull, then tell me please. What causes pattern hair loss to occur?

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the argument makes plenty of sense. Tight scalp due to the skull's expansion leads to constriction of the capillaries which are needed to supply blood to the follicles. If this is bogus then how is it that in trans women the skull shape remodels, shrinks in shape or size and miraculously the hairline often returns? The only other argument would be hormonal change. Getting the needed blood supply to the hair follicles is crucial to their thickness and long-term survival. If you still think what I am telling you is theoretical bull, then tell me please. What causes pattern hair loss to occur?
The cure is apparently needling. It forces the body to send a rush of blood to the area and folicles. Seen too many cases of hair regrowth from needling. Why you arent doing it boggles my mind.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The cure is apparently needling. It forces the body to send a rush of blood to the area and folicles. Seen too many cases of hair regrowth from needling. Why you arent doing it boggles my mind.
I definitely want to do it. The problem is if doing it incorrectly could lead to scarring. Have you tried microneedling for hair regrowth and did you see any improvement? What size needle do you use and how long did it take to notice signs of improvement?

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know about you guys but I want a mini pig now..
I want a pet kiwi bird.
1642941598933.png

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely want to do it. The problem is if doing it incorrectly could lead to scarring. Have you tried microneedling for hair regrowth and did you see any improvement? What size needle do you use and how long did it take to notice signs of improvement?
Scarring can happen but if it does happen its minor. You just need to do it correctly. I prefer stamp as it goes in straight and up straight. Roller Arent safe to use it tears up the skin. I actually comitted to start it again for the long haul this time, I too was scared of scarring but im Still balding on dutasteride so im Giving it a chance. If you dont go so deep with the needle and only do it once a week or twice a week to let skin heal then scarring Will probably not happen at all. The deeper the wound the higher chance of scarring i believe.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
they testes kn pigs but not high confixenxe yet, they said once they do have high confidenxe they will do a B funding and woek towards trials
I watched the video second time and I didn’t hear anywhere that they said the confidence is not high.

CEO told that they are still doing trials on pigs and when they will be pretty sure that everything works fine, then they will move to human clinical trials...

Plus, he told that they are planning soon to hire more people. Around 25 in total, so that is pretty good news.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that by the first half of this year they will know how this technology translates to pigs and if everything is working perfectly fine, and if not how to improve it.

It is very positive news that they started the pig trials and planning to hire more people. Probably they have some inside info how technology works so far...

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

When the AR and PRLR are activated it inhibits Wnt signalling and a series of gene transcription changes occur that affect cell ashesion and migration, apoptosis and proliferation. Head shape doesn't matter in the process of Androgenetic Alopecia. The threshold at which these gene transcription changes occur becomes lower with age.

The same molecular signalling changes that occur in the scalp concurrently take place in the prostate where there is no tension nor lack of blood flow. In the prostate it leads to bph and in the scalp it leads to Androgenetic Alopecia

Last edited: