Sports

JackWhite

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am not in the situation where I need a piece yet, but I have excepted that it bacome my only option in the next few years.

Does anyone know if you can play vigorous sports with a peice? I play soccer at a relatively high level and want to know if I could play in a peice without it revealing itself. Im worried my sweat or by heading the ball it may move or come off.

Thanks.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
You would need two of them, one that you use while in sports which is built to be able to handle the roughness, then your "dress up" piece which is thinner, lighter and more natural looking.
Soccer would not be a problem you would need to get a skin type base and bond it with a waterproof adhesive around the perimeter, plus a single strip of adhesive going down the center from front to back appromimately 10-15 mm wide.
You would bond it the day before your rigorous play and it would be fine.

In a couple years, when you are ready to try it, many of the products out there will have become even better than they are now.
You will be ok.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a hair 4 all video from the start of lockdown roughly for this.

He said he does his weekly because he's so active. He uses lace with a poly rim. Tape all round but different tape at the front. No glue.

That seems reasonable enough to me. Probably about in line with my own experiences. A week isn't leaving it in a bad state and you can hold on but if it fits in nicely then it's better.

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Buy a bandana for coolibar. Theyre for sports.

If youre doing contact sports just shave your head or dont do the sports.

end of topic.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I play soccer (and where I play the contact is pretty heavy - hair pulling is fortunately frowned upon though...).

You have to think and plan a little more carefully (mostly due to sweat impacting the bond) but you can totally play sport. Anything where you may be in one on one combat with another person will require head protection, and even things like rugby will be difficult without headgear, but general sports are fine.

Man, my hair was awesome in 2005...