Splunk's Story (pics included)

splunk

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm 23 (nearly 24) and I've been thinning/balding for probably 1.5yrs or so. At first I thought nothing of it because I couldn't really tell in the mirror. Then, I started noticing that a lot of hair was coming out when I showered. After shampooing, before rinsing the lather from my hands, they'd have so much hair on them it was scary, not to mention a lot started staying in the tub.

After reading up a lot on the subject, I finally decided to start treatment. I don't want to get into minoxidil right now (though it would probably help quite a bit), so I started today with 1mg finasteride daily, and will be using Nizoral 2% every third day, with vive for men on the other days.

I'll update this thread once a month with pics and thoughts. Here are the first...

First Day of Treatment - May 17, 2004 (280kb)

lynne

Reaction score
24? doin better than i am buddy.

u deffo caught it early. if u are balding that is.

gd luck.

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
good thickness

Dear splunk,

at least you have density on your hair...

your' hair loss is very minor and it's good you caught it early.....

do update us periodically

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
looks like your catching it just in time. Good luck and keep us updated :)

splunk

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, I may not be extremely bald, but I too am glad I decided to try something early. If it doesn't work, it doesn't. If it does, all the better. I will keep the thread updated. Thanks again!

Deaner

Reaction score
Your hair looks good still, not too noticably thin. I'd say you're about as far along in your hairloss as me, and since I believe we've both caught it fairly early, we have a good chance of stopping it, and having considerable regrowth. Good luck, and keep posting pictures!

DovF

Reaction score
minoxidil and Vive

1. What is "vive for men"?
2. What do you have against Minoxidil?

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey man, you look a lot like I do! especially the wet shots, i may be just a little thinner than you in the front though. i'm hoping people in our state of hairloss get just a little regrowth so i can go out and feel okay again, and then maintain for at least ten years or so.. its weird we are even the exact same age (a couple months from 24). has your shedding stopped? mine seems to have slowed down a lot the past three weeks. i've been on propecia for 2.5 months.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dude if i walked past you i woudlent think you were going bald....lucky u got it early