Some strange Minx questions

UnReal27

Reaction score
Hey guys, I started 5% minx last week, and am having all sorts of issues with it. It keeps getting caught in my hair as I try to rub it into my scalp, even though I place the dropper right against my skin (I've tried parting my hair and applying to the bare scalp with the same frustrating results). So my questions are this:

1) Does the solution seep into the immediate surrounding area after penetrating the skin...or does it only have an effect on the areas where my fingers have come into direct contact with the scalp.

2) If I'm thinning all over the top, what am I supposed to do? Apply the solution all over the temples, crown and top?

3) The package says 4 hours wait time before I wash my hair after application. This might sound childish, but I really hate spending the entire day with minx gunking up my hair and making my entire face feel rather greasy. I apply it once in the morning and once at night. Is the 4 hour wait time absolutely necessary, or can I reduce it?

Also, I started dutas and nizoral. at the same time, I don't know if that makes any diference on areas I should be applying minx. to.

Any input or experiences would be truly appreciated! Thanks in advance

beaner

Reaction score
Minoxidil supposedly diffuses under the scalp so it's not necessary to apply to every single area . I believe this to be true because I've experienced regrowth in areas that I've not applied minoxidil...mainly the sides/hairline.
If you're thinning all over the top, my suggestion is to apply the minoxidil onto a few areas and gently rub it in just to the point where it won't be runny.
I don't believe you necessarily have to wait 4 hours before washing your hair after application. It is definitely necessary to give ample time for absorption however. I think if you allow your morning application at least one to two hours to absorb, and leave your second application on all night (if possible) you should be fine. Keep in mind as well that using only one application per day can also sometimes be as beneficial as one.....everyone is different though, so I still recommend 2 applications per day.
I don't believe that using dutas and nizoral would make any difference as to where you should be applying minoxidil.
Question: did you try Propecia/finasteride first or jump right in to Dutas?

UnReal27

Reaction score
Thanks for the info breaner, it's good to know that minoxidil does indeed spread out under the scalp. I was on propecia for little over a year, and did not experience any kind of growth. No shedding, no growth...nothing.