So when is HM actually coming

withoutwords

Reaction score
I have hard anything from three years (2010) to 20 years, does anyone really know or is everyone just saying random numbers?

G

The release dates are a big secret, probably because the firms themselves have no clue about the exact when. intercytex claims that HM is out in 2010, this is what the optimistic people believe. More pessimistic views expect it to be out many years later (some say even never). Nobody knows anything!

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Intercytex will tell us this year. They are hoping for as early as 2008 for countries with minimal regulation.

Depends how trials have gone..as you would expect its bound to get refined and cheaper as time goes on so for many of us mortals 2009-2010 is maybe more realistic.

There are more names coming to the fold so competition is increasing in the race so that good news for us all.

withoutwords

Reaction score
Cassin said:
People have been saying we will know in a couple years for many years now.

ya how long has the idea or testing of hm been going for? have people been talking like its on the verge of coming out( a couple of years) for a while?

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
There stock sure isnt performing well. They are almost at their on year low. Thats not good. The market has amazing power and may be the first sign of success or failure.

Jack23

Reaction score
Here is the 1 yr chart on Intercytex...

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=ICX.L&t=1y

I am thinking about betting more than my hair on HM and buying a share or two.

If it works , there is serious money to be made...

There are 50 million balding men in the US. If 20% go to get HM, at 10,000 a go and ICX makes 10% profit on each procedure, that is 10 billion dollars in revenue.

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying also. But this is not a good sign that HM is going well. Info always gets out and the stock normally reacts before any news. Thats why by the time the news comes out its too late.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if the stock prices are indicative of product potential, which is arguable, keep in mind that intercytex has several products in development and HM only represents a fraction of the company.

Would you expect a company that is purely in the R&D stage to be have a rising stock price when they have no revenue?

With all that said, I do think that their estimates are overly optimistic, but I think they have made great progress and there is great hope for the company.

withoutwords

Reaction score
hm well i did some research on the number of trials that actually make it out of phase two trials and most of them dont make it at the phase 2 point, i am very surprised at how confident intercytex is in saying that by 2010 it should be out, were those phase one results extremely promising?

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Its not only Intercytex that is confident in their product, The British gov. gave them millions to help develop a method to commercialize the product.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
worriedmale said:
will all people suffering from male pattern baldness be able to benifit?

I don't know why any wouldn't, but it coudl be possibly. I'm guessing 10 years before this a good option.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Optimist said:
I'm guessing 10 years before this a good option.

haha WHAT?

don't be ridiculous! If this process actually works and the phase II things are a success, there's NO reason it won't be commercially available within 3 years. Unless you think Intercytex are lying or something?

You're sooo not an optimist :p

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha. You aren't the first one to accuse of me being a pessimist. I'm an optimist, but also a realist.

Anyways, I think it will be available in about 5 years, but i think it will be a GOOD OPTION in 10. Almost all scientific advancements take time to work out their bugs. I won't be first in line to get the treatment done, I'll wait several years first. But I look forward to hearing from those of you who are brave enough go first :)

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
One thing to think about, would you have wanted to be the first one to get a hair transplant when it first became available? Cuz those who did got fucked up.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
certainly not, but that's different.

the only thing I can see going wrong with the procedure is it just .. not working. It's not going to scar my head or look stupid, like with the first hair transplants. or am i missing something?

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I would say the biggest difference is that HM will be FDA regulated which is huge. But some potential problems that doctors point to are tumors forming, hair growing in the wrong direction etc. But problems could arise that we don't even know about. Even Intercytex has acknowledged that it will take time to perfect it. I can't remember where I saw it, but there was an article or press release where they were talking about how there would probably be a first generation treatment and then a 2nd a few years later etc. My guess is that the first few patients are not going to get perfect growth (I think it will probably be scraggly and there will be directional problems-just my opinion).

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hmm, yeah I think you might be right. Certainly for people with considerable hairloss.

For people like me who are just thin in a few places, I think the 1st gen treatment might work pretty well. I just need a few in the back and a little at the temples.

I'll probably wait a year to see how it turns out before I opt for treatment.

btw - just in case you missed it - I asked you in another thread where you got ApplePoly in uk ... I can't find it. cheers.