small hair pieces for corners of hairline

23norwood2or3ish

Reaction score
Hello,

I am 23 years old, and have a receding hairline which is beginning to be noticeable, although I minimize this through a short, styled cut. I don't currently have any noticeable thinning. I am wondering if it is possible to use very small hair pieces in the corners of my hairline to eliminate the balding look for now, as I am a Norwood 2 (or maybe beyond this a bit). I can spend a few hundred bucks per month. Any solutions or similar situations?

Thanks.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
look at this

Attachments

• aperto collage.jpg
    aperto collage.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 9,067

CCS

Reaction score
OP, your piece does not match your native hair. The color is good. But I can see from the front of the crown forward it looks like the hair is a bit longer or more bushy or not quite going the right direction. I hope you just threw that on for that picture and that is not what you look like out in public. Most people are not looking, but I have a trained eye and would spot that right away.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
first of all that's not me...second I think it looks really good...nobody will notice that on the street...people that don't have problems with hair don't even take a look at your hair...

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
I think this looks fantastic, please advise where i can possibly purchase this from and roughly how much.

Regards

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
Very useful cheers mate! Ive been looking for that kind of forum for a while!

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
with welcome...I really think that a good system is the best way to go instead of an hair transplant...just found this pic and it looks great considering the guy has all the top covered by a piece!

Attachments

• reubin3.jpg
    reubin3.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 1,717

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In the first pic the strands of hair covering the temple area are significantly longer than the rest of the hair... this is actually the way I used to grow out my hair to hide my NW3 lol, but it would be obvious to some people I think...

Having said that, I have seen people (even on my facebook) who have had advanced hairloss and used pieces to give them back their hair and they do admittedly look good! The guy I'm thinking of stopped wearing his though, so I'm guessing even if you do find a good, subtle looking design, that trying to maintain the condition of a piece must be a very difficult job and quite expensive.

private_ryan

Reaction score
you are wrong...the cost and all the work involved for maintaining it is not an issue...the main issue is to get consistent quality of pieces ...to find a good supplier!!!

CCS

Reaction score
Maintaining a piece is much easier if you are smooth bald. If you are like me and have to shave off some fast growing course graft regularly, it will be more difficult to maintain.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If anyone believes the two pictures posted on this thread are obviously a piece then my advice would be not to bother wearing at all as they don't get that much more realistic. I agree with andre that it is getting a good supplier and hoping they don't muck up the order; the cut in is also extremely crucial.

CCS

Reaction score
The second one looked better. The fact that people think the first one looks good is why Coolpiece can have good reviews. The piece they sold me was a bit worse than that one, plus the wrong color. But amazingly, not one seemed to notice. I got good female attention, but I had to stay far back so they would not get close enough to see my base lifting. The quality is not up to my standards.

The longer the hair is, the more you can comb it into the direction that looks right. The shorter ones will have a mind of their own unless you get very luck to have it vented right.

Japanfour

Reaction score
andrei_eremenko said:
is this a spammer?

Are you a spammer for cool piece? CCS has a point, it looks incredibly unnatural. It almost looks like someone grew out there receding temple hair to an unnatural length and used a ton of gel to brush it forward, it just looks...weird.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you misunderstood that...there was a guy after ccs reply that told us that he is buying hair extensions from denmark and are great...and that reply appeared very often...it look like the moderators took the action against the spammer and my reply is looking silly now...I am not selling pieces...I am not even wearing one right now...

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
btw...reading now the last reply of ccs it looks like he didn't made a good job at least with a proper attaching ...he went out with the base that wasn't securely attached...this is how a hairpiece should be glued down and looking good with short hair.

Attachments

• front2m.jpg
    front2m.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,806