Skunk Head-

Redbone

Reaction score
After applying the 2% spironolactone + minoxidil my head smells like a freakin skunk. I can't take the smell anymore- its a wafting subtle smell but it stinks.

At the Gym I was on the stairmachine next to a really hot young blonde. After a few minutes she turned to me and said "Ewh who farted?" I was so embarassed that I thought quickly and blamed it on an older fat balding guy in front of us on the treadmill.

Seriously I can't take this smell how does the 5% cream work?

garthbrooks

Established Member
Reaction score
that's sucky. did you put the spironolactone on in the morning? i'm thinking of getting it, but only planning on putting it on at night for that reason.

Redbone

Reaction score
No, I use it at night and then go right to the gym in the morning, when you sweat the smell intensifies. The hot chick with her shorts down low to her *** just walked away. Damn that 2% spironolactone.

20something

Established Member
Reaction score
Is the smell only when you use it with conjunction with minoxidil? Dr. Lee's spironolactone claims to be odourless.

Stingray

Reaction score
Solution ..take a shower.

Redbone

Reaction score
Your right stingray that is the solution, I'm just a procrastinator as much as a masterbater. The 5% cream that Lee sells is not supposed to smell.

Stingray

Reaction score
No way around it. It's gonna stink. The spironolactone cream doesn't stink at all... it's the spironolactone reacting with the minoxidil. No way to fix that problem. But yeah, shampoo in the morning will cure the skunky head problem. Or a sh*t load of febreeze.

20something

Established Member
Reaction score
What happens if you apply the minoxidil early evening and the spironolactone 2-3 hours later?

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what I would like to know. What about putting one on in the morning and the other at night?

Redbone

Reaction score
For them to be effective you should use both in the morning and at night. I put them on about an hour apart and it doesnt smell to bad at all. When I sweat and work out at the gym here comes the skunk man.

Lee addresses this fact on the spironolactone page.

The Gardener

Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing, Redbone. The spironolactone has a very distinct smell in and of itself which I did not find all that bad. However, after applying the minoxidil, I have noticed that the smell does indeed change to something very much resembling the odor of a skunk.

At first, I did not think this much of an issue... I apply spironolactone at night. But I really noticed it the morning after, when I stepped into the shower, and got that first spray of hot water into my hair. Peeeeyou! That sh*t stunk!

I can't imagine how you use this sh*t in the am? And then go to the gym?! Ugh. Dr Lee's instructions say to only use it once a day, at night, and even Dr Lee admits that spironolactone plus minoxidil equals a distasteful odor, although I was at first skeptical thinking it was his spin to sell me on Xandrox.

Well, although I can handle the spironolactone at night because it doesn't smell much when the sun is down, I am honestly considering switching minoxidil for Xandrox and still applying spironolactone but only on evenings that I have to myself! There really is no way around the odor, but I want to continue to use as much DHT suppression as my lifestyle will allow without getting ProLimpCiaDick.

Stingray

Reaction score
I'm on 2.5mg finasteride daily..and I still got the same libido i've had since forever. You're just scared. Pu??y.

Redbone

Reaction score
Yes, stingray hats off to propecia. Don't beieve all the negative hype against propecia on this board gardner. Most docs perscribe it like nothing.

I agree with your staemtents about it not having any odor and it doesnt until you swett, then the stank ho comes out. Skunk city.

G

What is it with all topical anti-androgens they all seem to stink! :cry:

I think 5% spironolactone smells worse than 2% spironolactone. Eil Crannel stinks a bit as well, very similar to 2% spironolactone, except more of a paint thinners type of honk. I wonder if Fluridil stinks i should go find out as i have it in my cupboard but havent tried it yet.

G

There really is no way around the odor, but I want to continue to use as much DHT suppression as my lifestyle will allow without getting ProLimpCiaDick.

Gardner have you ever tried Propecia? The number of people who moan about it without ever having tried it once is ridiculous. Like critisizing a film that youve never watched. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Fluridil stinks i should go find out as i have it in my cupboard but havent tried it yet.

So when are you gonna crack open one of those vials?

G

So when are you gonna crack open one of those vials?

Probably not till 1st of December....it will be Christmas come early...ho ho ho.

Redbone

Reaction score
Speaking of Christmas why can't Santa father a child? I guess in uk it is Father Christmas- so why can't father Christmas father a child?

G

Speaking of Christmas why can't Santa father a child? I guess in uk it is Father Christmas- so why can't father Christmas father a child?

He has all those Elfs so he deosent really need kids anyway. :lol: