SiRNA Silences Androgen Receptor mRNA and TGFBeta 1

hotmuscols26

Reaction score
Androgen Receptor & Noggin: Latest news
Silo's unique SILencing Oligonuceotide (SILO)formulary platform has reached patrons now internationally...

Silo is the siRNA conceptus that selectively targets mRNA species like Androgen Receptor (AR) and Transforming Growth Factor Beta-1 (TGFb-1).

Transgenic Technologies uses a de novo approach to hairloss, namely their scientific team has generated antisense-like oligonucleotide technology or short-interfering RNAs i.e. Vitravene to combat androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia). http://www.fda.gov/cder/foi/label/1998/20961lbl.pdf

RNA interference (RNAi) is a phenomenon in which the introduction of double-stranded RNA (dsRNA) into a diverse range of cell types causes degradation of the complementary mRNA . In the hair follicle, dsRNAs are cleaved into short 21-25 nucleotide small interfering RNAs, or siRNAs, by a ribonuclease known as Dicer . The siRNAs subsequently assemble with protein components into an RNA-induced silencing complex (RISC). An ATP-generated unwinding of the siRNA activates the RISC , which in turn binds to the complementary transcript by base pairing interactions between the siRNA antisense strand and the mRNA. The bound mRNA is cleaved and sequence specific degradation of mRNA results in gene silencing.

Noggin, this unique peptide has the ability to allow for hair growth by blocking the action of BMP4 which suppresses hair growth and differentiation. By adding Noggin to your daily maintenance SILO program, you can accelerate your hair growth potential even further.

The secreted polypeptide Nogginâ„¢ (encoded by the NOG gene) binds and inactivates members of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily signaling proteins, such as bone morphogenetic protein-4 (BMP4; ). By diffusing through extracellular matrices more efficiently than members of the TGF-beta superfamily, Noggin may have a principal role in creating morphogenic gradients.

Groppe et al. (2002) reported the crystal structure of the antagonist Noggin bound to BMP7 which showed that Noggin inhibits BMP signaling by blocking the molecular interfaces of the binding epitopes for both type I and type II receptors. The BMP binding affinity of site-specific variants of Noggin was correlated with alterations in bone formation and apoptosis in chick limb development, showing that Noggin functions by sequestering its ligand in an inactive complex. The scaffold of Noggin contains a cystine (the oxidized form of cysteine) knot topology similar to that of BMPs. All in all, Noggin plays a critical roll in intiating anagen re-entry in the hair follicle.

Transgenic Technologies LLC. is submitting an abstract to the American Association of Dermatology for critical review. Currently, we offer a support group for customers using the Silo-1 to combat hairloss.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Fcuking great news. This sounds like the strategy I have been plugging to fight male pattern baldness.. instead of fooling around with hormone levels, just BLOCK the androgen receptors in follicles!

And it was my prediction that the ability for a treatment to only block the follicle receptors and not other receptors in the body that NEED DHT would be a function of genetic identification, which from my understanding of greek seems to be what this treatment is striving towards.

I'm keeping my eyes on this one.

20something

Established Member
Reaction score
Are they intending on putting this through FDA trials? No mention of that on the Web site. Although they're happy to charge $100/month for it...

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Why is it that these companies are already marketing the product, already have designer bottles with logos, and already sell the thing online and they haven't even gone so far as to publish their study in a reputable journal yet?

This seems to be the trend with every single experimental product out there. Its backwards, with money being the focus first, instead of actually proving that the product works first, or that it is safe in individuals.

It will be interesting to see if the original poster ever comes back to this thread and replies, or if this was just a drive-by advertisement. Until he returns we'll go ahead and take out the promotional material and leave the important information...

Update:

Its interesting to note I just called the owner of the company and asked him why he posted a self promoting message on our discussion forum and he acknowledged doing so. Guess it was an advertisement after all. Im sure since he believes strongly in his product, he will have no problem with us having the FDA take a look at his site via this link, and once the two of them have had a chance to talk, we can begin promoting his product on our site with a clear conscience:

http://www.fda.gov/oc/buyonline/buyonlineform.htm

HairLossTalk.com

G

I am sorry but I am still laughing at the name, Noggin??

What the hell were these folks thinking from a marketing standpoint. "Hey, do you have a bottle of Noggin around??"

I am certainly going to wait on this one. I will not apply anything to my scalp that I don't understand and I didn't understand about 80 % of the abstract that was posted.

In English anyone??

G

BTW- there are abstracts that support the use of copper peptides as a local DHT blocker. Published back in 96 I think.

The world is still spinning and I hope this Noggin stuff all turns out to be useful.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no idea what the hell this guy is talkin about.To sell the product he could of at least put the information in layman terms, just because he used scientific babble doesnt mean anyone thinks it really works. When are these companies going to learn. HairLossTalk.com is no sucker.....

yello911

Established Member
Reaction score
jblig said:
I have no idea what the hell this guy is talkin about.To sell the product he could of at least put the information in layman terms, just because he used scientific babble doesnt mean anyone thinks it really works. When are these companies going to learn. HairLossTalk.com is no sucker.....

Well you see, his product disrupts the 8phT that contributes to follicular degenermicroseborrehic distruction. It also limits the C3po which is a know coagulator of cellisious failure. By achieving this, it will effectively create the illision in your brain that you are actually growing hair.

hotmuscols26

Reaction score
MADE EASY

Let me make it simple. Everyone knows that DHT is a cause for hair loss. DHT is a hormone. Hormones require receptors. The hair on the top of the head has androgen receptors and these hairs are sensitive when DHT binds to them. So whats a guy to do? Well Propecia shuts down the circulating DHT. The thought is to reduce DHT that sticks to the receptors. Well, thats nice but the receptors are still there waiting for a signal. THe approach utlizes a technology called RNAi. Look it up on line if you want to know more about this technology. silences the hair from producing the androgen receptor in the scalp from being made in the first place. Over time less and less of the androgen receptor is made. With no androgen receptor to bind to the DHT becomes irrelavant. Well you might ask how does this do it. Well if you know which mRNA is responsible for producing the androgen receptor than you can knock out the mRNA with siRNA. That is essentially the backbone of RNAi or antisense technology. In addition to the Androgen receptor being knocked out or silenced, the production of TGFBeta1 is also silenced. TGfBeta1 is known to tell the hairs to die, die,die ie(enter catagen phase). So is a 2 pronged approach. I have been currently using the noggin 3 days now. By the way is a protein. The company didnt make up this name. It is an actual protein that has been shown to block bmp4 which is a negative regulator of hair growth. There are studies posted on the site.
The research is sound and I just want to grow back my hair. I am 29 thinning real bad, and it sucks that I have to shave it real short. I use to have a real nice thick head of hair when I was in my early 20s. I understand that some of you guys will be skeptical. It the nature of the internet and hairloss products that have promised to deliver but just dont. This company is not promising anything as far as results. It is merely presenting an option. It is promising to provide siRNA that will silence the androgen receptor and TGF beta 1 for research purposes. I am happy to research on my self. I know the owner and he is competent and sincere. He is running a biotech company and a service to the research community. I hope my posting helped clear up some misconceptions.

G

I wish that he was telling the truth. I mean what he tells about the correct way to regrow hair is true, but it´s a scam! Guys just stick to the FDA proven treatments.

Good luck to everyone :)

yello911

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, don't know if I'd PAY to be be a lab rat. Even if it does grow hair are you so sure that it's not going to grow an extra arm or something also? Tell me what the long term side effects are and if you accept food stamps.

hotmuscols26

Reaction score
I hope you do stick with your current treatments. No one is twisting your arm. The purposes of my postings was not to sell a product. I wanted to post some info about this exciting new research. There will always be cynics out there. I wish you all the best of luck and will report on my progres in the future. But please do not call this a scam because that is blatently untrue. The company will deliver on its promise. I recieved my order. It took a little longer than I was hoping, but i received it. SO good luck my bald friends.

G

You are just starting to use this product. So you haven´t regrown any hair with this product. Then how do you know if it will work? Let us see proof that it has worked. Not only by providing us theories, but with before and after photos.

You say you know the owner of the company. This makes me even more skeptical than I already was.

Still I hope what you are saying is true :roll:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
musclehead said:
I know the owner and he is competent and sincere.
Nevermind. You just admitted you're advertising. What part of the registration agreement didn't you get? The part about this being a NO ADVERTISING ZONE. What kind of retarded crook are you that you think you can come here and get free advertising for your products, and get sales off of our users without having to do what everyone else does, and pay for their advertising?

Whether or not your science is legit, your techniques are appalling and embarrasing. Businessmen like you make me ill. You guys are why I made this site, void of the conartists and tricksters who try to get free rides off of people's gullibility. At least you had the cahones to admit that you know the owner.

Now leave jackass.

And thank u for making me lose my composure :hairy:

HairLossTalk.com

Berserk

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com,
That was a great reply. I was hoping someone would have stepped in and told this guy to go screw himself. I would have, but I always sound like an *** when I try to write a comeback.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
After he's had a chance to come back and see my reply Bruce.

HairLossTalk.com