sinus Story

sinus

Reaction score
I started losing my hair at 21. It hit me like a brick. Just sitting there one day running my hands through my hair and noticed they were coming out. Probably pulled 50 out right then. From that day on it hasn't stopped or slowed.

That was three years ago and I still have a *decent* amount of hair. I would say i have lost 75% of the density on top and 50% on the sides. It falls out everywhere. It's diffuse thinning and the hairs are thinning themselves. When they come out i can tell a foot away which end is the root end, because it has no contrast. I wash my hair every other day. In the shower I lose god knows how many, and coming out and just drying off my hair and then pulling out whats just laying around in it I probably get between 80 and 100 hairs. A depressing way to start your day especially when at this point I want every little bit I have. Probably find at least 10 a night on the pillow.

So after about 2 years of not doing anything, because I had thick hair to begin with and I like to think that I shouldnt let hairloss get me down, I decided to do something. Ordered minoxidil and finpecia (which I'm still not too sure about) and got started. I've been on the minoxidil about 6 months and the finpecia about 2. I have seen small results with the minoxidil, vellus hairs on the hairline, slowly getting a little darker, but this is hardly encouraging when i continue to lose upwards of 300 hairs a day. I can't say I've noticed any slowdown since starting finpecia, but realize it needs time to take effect.

So now I've pretty much come to expect that within 1 to 2 years I'll be bald, but hold out hope that I can at least stave off the process as much as possible.

I feel like I am one of the few who has suffered such drastic loss in such a short time, any others out there have similar experiences?

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you absolutely sure that it is directly from male pattern baldness? 300 hairs sound an awful lot... perhaps you should see your doctor and get him/her to run a blood test to make sure all your mineral, vitamin, red/white blood cells counts are up to scratch..

Hang in there!

sinus

Reaction score
thanks for the concern rage. I'm certain it's simply male pattern baldness. I have an older brother experiencing the exact same type of loss.

Two uncles who are both bald and were before they were 30, as well as a bald father. I was banking on my grandfather who died with an insane amount of hair, but seems I didn't get those glorious genes.