Simple dutasteride Question

G

For those who shed on it, and eventually had success, when did your sheds typically begin and end? Thanks.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I had a big shed which started at month 3 approx and lasted about a month. However I started on dutasteride very graduallly with just one pill a week (finasteride other days) and increased by one pill a week up to 7 days a week. So maybe I would have shed sooner if I had gone straight in at one day from the beginning.

My shed was followed by a little regrowth on the crown and thickening of hair all over.

I dont seem to have had any sheds since.

Goingat20

Reaction score
Alopecia-Nate how are your results on dutasteride? how long have you been using it for? Ive been using it for around a year now, i dont think hair is getting better... Should i continue, global geme some advice ... thanks

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
20sometingtoo said:
Global,
Any side effects? Are you now on dutasteride daily?

Only less libido which I had on propecia too, no worse no better. Now taking 0.5mg /day.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Goingat20 said:
Alopecia-Nate how are your results on dutasteride? how long have you been using it for? Ive been using it for around a year now, i dont think hair is getting better... Should i continue, global geme some advice ... thanks

If you're maintaining I would class that as a success, so yes keep taking it, if you dont have any side effects maybe increase to everyday instead of every 2nd or 3rd.

oni

Reaction score
I started with 0.5mg once a day and my first big shed came after 3 months. :)

G

Goingat20 said:
I'm a little ways past the 6 month mark, and simply continuing to shed as I've done for at least a month, month and a half. So, results negative so far.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm on dutasteride so just playing devil's advocat here.

What is everyone's comments and observations on the following extract:-

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article201.htm

Finasteride has a biological model and dutasteride does not. This quite simply means that there is much more safety data on Propecia than Avodart right now. The effects of 5AR type 2 deficiency, (the same environment Propecia creates) have been thoroughly studied for over 25 years in a group of patients in the Dominican Republic. The long-term "side effects" are no hair loss, and no prostate cancer. Patients with genetic 5AR-2 deficiency have no life-threatening disorders and there is no 5AR-2 present in their brain tissue. Conversely, there is no biological model for 5AR type 1 deficiency, which Avodart creates, and there are measurable levels of 5AR-1 in the human brain. Conclusion -- the blockage of 5AR-1 may have yet unknown neurological implications.

G

viperfish said:
How do you guys feel about topical dutasteride?
I've never heard of a topical dutasteride--or finasteride--product.