Should I toss the hair piece?

CCS

Reaction score
[pic deleted]

Do you think it has potential, or does it just ruin my appearance?

j/k

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From that angle and in that light, it looks pretty good. For a definitive assessment i reckon you really want multi-angle pics in natural light though.

Emuler

Established Member
Reaction score
Toss it!

Osmosis

Reaction score
Not until you try European unprocessed hair with the cuticle semi stripped...best hair available...try that before you toss :)

CCS

Reaction score
I was kidding. The pic I temporarily posted looks very good. It was from front view, so the transition was hidden. I put it on hotornot. I think it will be the highest rated pic of me yet.

I love passing by mirrors. I look so much better now, even though I can tell it is a piece. I just have to work with it, and maybe order a better vented piece from finalhair.

I still don't know if coolpiece vented it wrong, or if the angle was flexible and I just turned them wrong. I'd have to turn them back 180 degrees, but if I dont' know whether to turn each hair clockwise or counter clockwise, it would be hard to get it right back to forwards. I still have an extra non-cut in piece to work with.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
why the hell did you delete the pic when so many people want to see it?

CCS

Reaction score
metalheaddude scared me. He said lots of people browse this site, and maybe someone at my school who's seen me will see my pics. He recommended I at least cover my face in them.

The hair itself does not look good. It is the way the temples and hairline frame my face that brings my face up about 2 points. I posted the pic on hotornot, and so far the rating is 9.4. I doubt it will go higher than that, but I'm sure it will stay at least above 8.

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
If that particular piece cannot be adjusted to look right then toss it and get one that has the correct specs.
Buying just one and experimenting, then tossing it and giving up before making the final tweaks and adjustments is a mere half measure.
Something that I doubt you would do.

s.a.f

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
metalheaddude scared me. He said lots of people browse this site, and maybe someone at my school who's seen me will see my pics. He recommended I at least cover my face in them.

Its abit late for that is'nt it. Theres been loads of pics of your face posted on here.

The hair itself does not look good. It is the way the temples and hairline frame my face that brings my face up about 2 points. I posted the pic on hotornot, and so far the rating is 9.4. I doubt it will go higher than that, but I'm sure it will stay at least above 8.

You have a pic that scored 9.4, c'mon you've got to show us that.

CCS

Reaction score
Out of 37 votes it is now at 8.7. I showed it to 4 guys on here, and they say I look a ton better than I did. I went on a night on the town with no hat tonight. No one looked at my hair, or looked twice at me. Maybe they would have acted the same had I worn an alligator suit. I even went to the school gym and no one looked. My friends did not even comment on my hair, and treated me like all was normal. One guy said he was old. I asked him if he was 25, and he said "No, 27." I told him I'm older than him, 28. He was shocked. He looked at me, and said he thought I was at most 23.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I went on a night on the town with no hat tonight. No one looked at my hair, or looked twice at me.

Wearing the piece? :shock:

CCS

Reaction score
just the piece. First I went to the school gym. I walked past many students to get in. I went upstairs and ran laps with my friend, checking out the women. We walked around the gym some more afterwards. Everyone acted completely normal. I was careful to only look at them out of the corner of my eye or after they had passed me to see if they looked back. There were a few tall basketball players I walked withing 3 feet of who followed me with their eyes for a few seconds, but I acted impressed by one of their basket ball tricks (giving them value) and they quickly lost interest in checking me out.

I walked around school some more, and met up with other class mates. 4 people who who knew me. All acted completely normal, not even hesitating with conversation. There was that other guy who was amazed that I was 28, who then studied me and seemed to suspect (he was tall and standing 3 feet away). We went down to the local bars and had dinner, and did lots of window shopping. I got out of bed with my hat on.

I'm sure someone suspects, or even knows. But most people won't say anything. Most college students have too much going on in there life to even care enough to gossip. Just a few immature ones would say something to be mean. I'm sure those basket ball players would have ripped on me had I been hitting on their women. But since I gave them value, they lost all interest in picking on me before they even started. If you don't give people eye contact, and don't engage them, or smile at just the right time, they just don't feel interested in this perfect stranger.

I doubt I'll ever see any of those people again, and I doubt more than 5% knew or 15% suspected. And I just bleached it lighter and cleaned it up so it won't be as matty. I'll look better today.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you lose hair CCS?

I remember the pics you posted, your hairline wasn't bad, just needed some filling in, but definitely was in my opinion serviceable. (Definition of serviceable would mean it will get you out the door and let you enjoy a certain quality of life. I wouldn't go after girls with a hairline like that but I am a perfectionist, but with hair like that I would feel fine about flirting a little and making them feel good about themselves. Perhaps that is being a tease but I just don't want to date a girl until I am the best I can be, because I will be looking for that from a girl, unless of course I could pay to make her look better which I cannot do right now.)

I would never use a hairpiece unless I was going majorly bald. I would feel ashamed, too.

CCS

Reaction score
You can have a lot of fun with women who are cute but not perfect. I think it is good to do that along the way. And I'm sure she's dumped or rejected lots of guys in her time, so if she does not improve herself too, don't let her guilt trip you when you dump her later. Just tell her the two of you have different life styles and it won't work out. I agree with your assessment of my hair, but am surprised a perfectionist like you would not try to improve such hair.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As a perfectionist I would rather suffer through mediocrity if it means perfection can come sooner.

I wouldn't date a girl unless I thought I could make her perfect, or close enough that she'd still be downright beautiful. And I wouldn't expect her to do that on her own. I would tell her my plans for her too. There's no reason to waste a girl's time just because you couldn't be honest with your expectations of her. I'm sure most girls with imperfections want to be made perfect anyhow.

You are a smart man, you could find the money to pay to improve her.

If I was you, I'd focus on getting some FUEs and get those moles removed. You'd then be at least an 8 on the CCS scale, and 8s can look like 10s in the eye of any girl if you both have a good heart. I'm not telling you what to do or anything.....but, that's what I'd be focused on.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
just the piece. First I went to the school gym. I walked past many students to get in. I went upstairs and ran laps with my friend, checking out the women. We walked around the gym some more afterwards. Everyone acted completely normal. I was careful to only look at them out of the corner of my eye or after they had passed me to see if they looked back. There were a few tall basketball players I walked withing 3 feet of who followed me with their eyes for a few seconds, but I acted impressed by one of their basket ball tricks (giving them value) and they quickly lost interest in checking me out.

I walked around school some more, and met up with other class mates. 4 people who who knew me. All acted completely normal, not even hesitating with conversation. There was that other guy who was amazed that I was 28, who then studied me and seemed to suspect (he was tall and standing 3 feet away). We went down to the local bars and had dinner, and did lots of window shopping. I got out of bed with my hat on.

I'm sure someone suspects, or even knows. But most people won't say anything. Most college students have too much going on in there life to even care enough to gossip. Just a few immature ones would say something to be mean. I'm sure those basket ball players would have ripped on me had I been hitting on their women. But since I gave them value, they lost all interest in picking on me before they even started. If you don't give people eye contact, and don't engage them, or smile at just the right time, they just don't feel interested in this perfect stranger.

I doubt I'll ever see any of those people again, and I doubt more than 5% knew or 15% suspected. And I just bleached it lighter and cleaned it up so it won't be as matty. I'll look better today.

I think this is the right attitude. :bravo:

You're not completely obsessing over whether people can notice but are calmly rationally assessing people's reactions. You realize some people will suspect but don't care as long as it looks good and isn't too noticeably 'wiggy'. I think you have the right attitude to make this work. Just don't get too cocky now, like you seem to have the tendency to do when you're feeling good haha. When you're cocky and feeling too good that's when you slip up.

Glad this is working out for you.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
As a perfectionist I would rather suffer through mediocrity if it means perfection can come sooner.

I wouldn't date a girl unless I thought I could make her perfect, or close enough that she'd still be downright beautiful. And I wouldn't expect her to do that on her own. I would tell her my plans for her too. There's no reason to waste a girl's time just because you couldn't be honest with your expectations of her. I'm sure most girls with imperfections want to be made perfect anyhow.

You are a smart man, you could find the money to pay to improve her.

If I was you, I'd focus on getting some FUEs and get those moles removed. You'd then be at least an 8 on the CCS scale, and 8s can look like 10s in the eye of any girl if you both have a good heart. I'm not telling you what to do or anything.....but, that's what I'd be focused on.

Ahh, I get it subtle sarcasm. :agree: :mrgreen:

s.a.f

Reaction score
mulder said:

I think this is the right attitude. :bravo:

You're not completely obsessing over whether people can notice but are calmly rationally assessing people's reactions. You realize some people will suspect but don't care as long as it looks good and isn't too noticeably 'wiggy'. I think you have the right attitude to make this work. Just don't get too cocky now, like you seem to have the tendency to do when you're feeling good haha. When you're cocky and feeling too good that's when you slip up.

Glad this is working out for you.

I'm reserving judgement for now, he had 1 night without comments but lets see what the situation is in 1 month. I agree that if anything is going to blow this it'll be CCS acting out of character.