should i cut my hair short?

G

here is a photo with long hair...

should i just let it be cut short? then it would probably look better how it is. but im using kerasome and i dont know if it still looks good with it short.

does anyone have experience with short hair and toppik/kerasome?

or should i use dermmatch? but i dont know if it makes the hair as thick as with toppik.

damn, i know my hair is too long. but its so thin also. i havent tried short hair for a long time. maybe its time for?

i just hope my hair gets better with minoxidil. well it got already better...if you havent seen it, look in the success stories forum. there its posted. i have good success , but its still thin and im not happy with it.

from front it looks nearly ok, but if you look from above it still looks bad. especially how i think because its so long.

what do you think?

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
Cut it shorter whatever you do. Maybe not short if you're not comfortable, but you could at least get it to an acceptable, more cosmetically pleasing length. A girl is going to notice if your hair looks like a mad scientist's long before they notice it's thinning.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think you should get a haircut, not too short though - you may not like it too short, but just to tidy it up.

I'm gonna have to get me some of that Rogaine foam you mentioned. :)

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dunno, do whatever makes you happy. Are you thin just in the front or all over, hard to tell from your pic.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You have been WTFPWNED by DHT and need a buzz. If you are on the big three, at your age, you will regrow some nice hair in about a years time.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
i think anyone nw3 and beyond looks better shaved.
noway, jude law looks good at Norwood three. unless you got a big crop circle in back, then buzz it

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
you got a point, i still don't think a standard NW3 justifies shaving it all.

Skaff

Established Member
Reaction score
Take it down in stages (not all at once)...that way you can stop where you like it. I've got these awsome clippers that adjust with the press of a button anywhere from 0 to 45mm.

G

hm, i know wear it long. and i comb it forward. then i put some hair spray in it so that the wind doesnt blow it and shows my hairline. i dont use toppik anymore though. thats a good thing. my hair looks much better now without it and combed forward you dont see any thinning. my girlfriend likes long hair as well. good solution?

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just ask your girlfriend how she wants it and do what she says
how can you go wrong like that?

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:
just ask your girlfriend how she wants it and do what she says
how can you go wrong like that?

Lol she already told him she likes long hair.

Regardless, I would still cut it shorter but would not buzz it. Like the guys said, cut it down in stages.

Evian

Reaction score
I just gave myself a crew cut. I was really really scared. I thought I would look very bald. I do but it looks normal. Everyone who gets a crew cut looks bald. I did it because I am about to start taking Propecia and I know that within 4-6 months I will be shedding. I want everyone to get use to my new look, so when I start to shed it won't be that noticable. I figure in order to apply Rogaine effectively without wasteing it I should have very short hair. Putting Rogaine on long hair is stupid a lot of it won't end up on your scalp. Where it needs to be. The hardest part is just doing it. Once it is done half the battle is over. You can always cover up excessive baldness with that powder they sell on the online pharmacy. If you keep it very very short who is going to notice. I saw at least five guys today with very very short hair. They looked all bald but they weren't. I did see one guy whose baldness was very apparent. He had long hair with balding on the crown. He must have been about 28 years old. Good luck with your decision. Remember one thing, real man don't care what other people think anyway. They do what they must in order to be happy.

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hehe but real men don't use powder on their heads. :)

I kept my hair longer up top, I went with #3 clippers on the side and had the top cut with scissors. When I buzzed it I lost interest in trying to grow my hair back.