Shiseido - Rch01 Clinical Trial Pdf

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is quite interesting news from Replicel

“Obtaining the PMDA’s clearance to proceed to the final consultation required to obtain their clearance for clinical studies is precisely where we wanted to be at this stage,” stated RepliCel CEO & President, R. Lee Buckler. “This provides a clear signal to Japanese investors, clinicians, and strategic partners with whom we are in discussions, that we are delivering on our ‘First-in-Japan’ strategy which aims to have four products on the market in Japan by 2023.” - Replicel

What are those four products?

RCI-02 the Dermal injector device
RCT-01 tendon regeneration
RCS-01 skin regeneration
RCH-01 and our beloved hair follicle rengeneration

So even though its not directly written as RCH-01 is set for launch 2023, then indirectly this is the target for market launch for RCH-01 through the statement about four products on the market in japan in year 2023.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hair Regenerative Medicine

Shiseido has been collaborating with University Hospitals on a clinical study on the establishment of “hair regenerative medicine technology” in Japan. This technology is the world’s leading technology in hair regeneration. After culturing dermal sheath cup cells (which are considered to be the source of hair dermal papilla cells which play an important role in the growth of hair) from the scalp skin of the patient concerned about pattern baldness and thinning hair, they are implanted (injected) into the balding scalp skin to rejuvenate damaged hair follicles as well as promote the growth of healthy hair.*
Regenerative medicine refers to the treatment method in which tissue/cells of human origin are implanted into patients who cannot be treated by existing methods, with the expectation of self-renewing capability. There are two types of implantation: “autologous cell implantation” in which the cells of the relevant patient are utilized and “allogeneic cell implantation” in which the cells of other people are utilized. The technology Shiseido is working on is autologous cell implantation technology, which is considered to have fewer side effects regarding immune rejection, etc. and higher safety than allogeneic cell implantation.
With regard to pattern baldness and thinning hair, presently a hair growth/regrowth agent for external application and oral treatment agent with an androgen suppression effect are put into practice. However, there are some issues, such as the facts that topical dosage is limited for females and oral treatment agents are not applicable to female patients. The introduction of this technology is expected to lesson the physical burden caused by surgical procedures, reduce rejection reaction risks after cell implantation, and be applicable to all patients regardless of gender. Thus, concerned persons look forward to the technology being widely utilized as soon as possible.
Safety level and improvement effects were confirmed in a clinical study conducted by Tokyo Medical University from 2016 to 2019 using our autologous cell culture processing technology.
A further clinical study aiming at practical application will be conducted in the future.

https://corp.shiseido.com/en/rd/development/newresearch.html

Maybe in further clinical study they will improve effectiveness, because they collaborate with very legit scientists.

Last edited:

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is breezula really side less? I never went on finasteride after getting sides from saw palm. Wish i was making it up.

James Oliver

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. It is metabolized to cortexolone when it hits the bloodstream.
How much does it cost per month? Isn't it quite expensive at the moment because it hasn't been released? I'm 22, diffuse thinning bad but people haven't noticed it just yet, partly cause my hair has some length still to it. could this maintain my hair? Or is it not as strong as find/dust?

Launch date is predicted 2022, i dont think i can afford to wait that long. NW3 with progressively thinning hair... what if i waited on their phase 3 trails this year to be safe then took it? Is it literally just powder i'd add with some sort of alchol?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not outrageous, but it's a lot more expensive than traditional treatments. The problem is you have to use it twice a day at 7.5%
You can find it cheaper, but here is one source:
https://www.thekaneshop.com/product/cb-03-01-2/

It's not as effective as finasteride, especially in the long-term. It is pretty effective in the short term, but starts losing its effectiveness after 6+ months. It could maintain your hair for at least a year though.

Yes, it's just a powder. I'm not sure what people who are having luck with it are using as a vehicle. I know most people have not had any luck with it, but there are a couple who swear by it.

It requires 6mL at 7.5% (3mL twice daily in the Stage 2 report provided the best results.) With the Kane shop price tag, it's roughty ~$11K a year.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
1mL will only cover the frontline or the vertex or the crown but not all of those.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
:D You don't need 3ml, just 1ml twice per day. $3,500/yr from Kane. I'm not sure where everyone is getting it from, but it's much cheaper on Alibaba. After their phase II results came out I lost all interest. I am going back on RU58841 shortly.
Are you worried at all about needling and using RU?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not worried about microneedling at 1mm and going systemic with anything. Microneedling is not injecting.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not worried about microneedling at 1mm and going systemic with anything. Microneedling is not injecting.

Through the skin, especially on the scalp or soles of the feet, is a very effective way to get drugs into the body.

Omega2327

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't we all somewhat foolish to believe that middle age techniques can bring back our male manes?
I’m saying you’re a fool for not acknowledging that topicals indeed go systemic, especially when combined with microneedling. And all of us are just trying to do what we can with the middle age techniques we have until something better comes along.