Shedding with no regrowth? WTF?

Theodolite

Reaction score
Hi, I have diffuse male pattern baldness. I have been shedding for last 6 months like 150 hair a day. And I see no regrowth. WTF? Is it even possible to shed like what? It's like I will have bald top of my head in another couple of months. Has any experienced something like this? :freaked:

Theodolite

Reaction score
Sadly, no yet. I am thinkin about minoxidil at the moment. Sadly I don't have enough courage to take finasteride..

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I have diffuse male pattern baldness. I have been shedding for last 6 months like 150 hair a day. And I see no regrowth. WTF? Is it even possible to shed like what? It's like I will have bald top of my head in another couple of months. Has any experienced something like this? :freaked:

I shed 300 hairs a day minimum for six months straight... a few times in the past couple of years and I never went completely bald. 1) relax 2) find a dermatologist and get a diagnosis. you may have Telogen Effluvium, or just aggressive male pattern baldness. Have you had any serious trauma, mental or physical in the past six months? Please post pics so we can help.

Theodolite

Reaction score
It's not Telogen Effluvium, it's genetic and especially weird. It looks like female pattern baldness... I would call it very aggressive. As I know my father became NW7 before 30. I am 28 at the moment. I am thinking about finasteride but I am not sure. I would like to find here somebody with similar story as mine. Great, strong hair till 26-27 with small recession and then rapid diffuse male pattern baldness with thin brittle hair.
P1160672.jpg
P1160655.jpg

Maybe it's not lookin' that tragic for some of you, but it is in a relation what I had one year ago! And my hair declines every day.

Some things happened:
1) Big sadness last autumn because of other things in life (vitamin D deficiency symptom?)
2) Antibiotics last september
3) I ate 200 g brazilinian nuts in two days 4 months ago. Overdose of selenium?

The other weird thing I found out that I had severe vitamin D deficiency, elevated PTH. I will retest this next week if it improved.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not Telogen Effluvium, it's genetic and especially weird. It looks like female pattern baldness... I would call it very aggressive. As I know my father became NW7 before 30. I am 28 at the moment. I am thinking about finasteride but I am not sure. I would like to find here somebody with similar story as mine. Great, strong hair till 26-27 with small recession and then rapid diffuse male pattern baldness with thin brittle hair.
View attachment 40732
View attachment 40734

Maybe it's not lookin' that tragic for some of you, but it is in a relation what I had one year ago! And my hair declines every day.

Some things happened:
1) Big sadness last autumn because of other things in life (vitamin D deficiency symptom?)
2) Antibiotics last september
3) I ate 200 g brazilinian nuts in two days 4 months ago. Overdose of selenium?

The other weird thing I found out that I had severe vitamin D deficiency, elevated PTH. I will retest this next week if it improved.
My hair stopped growing too. I had low (severely) female hormones and low iron. I’d get a blood test for sex hormones, thyroid and iron.