Shedding after a year and 3 months. Normal?

PJ Worshipper

Reaction score
been on propecia, minoxidil, and nizoral for 15 months. at the 1 year mark my hair was great and thick and had a check up with my doctor. about a month after i visited him i've been going thru a month long shed, my hair looks like sh*t, and i have 2 major thin spots on the back left side and back right side. i will be 27 and just wondered if this is normal. everything was going great, now i'm depressed again. my regimen is propecia once a day, minoxidil .5% 2x a day and nizoral 1% and 2%(switch) 3x a week. Please help. Thanks.

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
i have been on propecia and minoxidil for 12 months and ive been shedding on and off since month 3. my hair has gotten worse.my situation seems to be different from yours since you had a stop in shedding and increased thickness. Basically you had cosmetic results. I dunno what propecia is doing to me. All i know is that my hair was better when i started. so i hope it has slowed male pattern baldness at least or i would be wastin 60 bucks a month. Good luck

Melbs

Established Member
Reaction score
I reckon its the minoxidil... i held my hair for over three years on Proscar... added minoxidil and became depressed as a result of my temples and frontal hairline turning into minced sh*t. Im convinced it played a major roll in wrecking my three years of maintenance... Im now just on Proscar and weening right off the minoxidil ONLY in front of my hairline... esentially where there is no hair... f*****g Minoxidil...

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
PJ Worshipper,

can you provide us with an update, thanx

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
bump