Sexual sides after 10 months on finasteride? Or something else?

Vitriol01

Reaction score
Been on finasteride for about 10 months. 1.00-1.25mg daily. No sides up until last week.

I came back from my gf's late one night with a major boner. We'd been kissing for hours (haven't had sex with her yet) and when I jacked off two times subsequent to this found some blood in my semen for a couple of days. Thought this might have been a minor infection has the last couple of times I've knocked one out there has been 0 blood.

If it was a small infection could that have contributed to sexual sides I've been feeling for the past week? Watching p**rn hasn't got me that aroused and it has taken more kissing, caressing from my gf than usual to get it up. Plus I knocked one out tonight and it didn't feel as hard as it usually does.

I did wake up with morning wood this morning tho.

Any ideas? Had zilch problems (touch wood) so far on finasteride.

beaner

Reaction score
Have you seen a doctor about the blood in your semen? That would be my primary concern at this point....that could be something serious dude.

Vitriol01

Reaction score
Getting an appointment on Monday. My regular Doctor was away. Apparently it is usually the result of an infection of some vicious sex/ whacking off.

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
Blood in semen, not sure what thats all about but should have nothing to do with finasteride. Just go see a Doctor about it.

On the topic of labido, I've been on finasteride over a year and have gone through a few months of low labido, mainly early this year up until about a month ago. Recently my sex drive has skyrocketed out of nowhere and has been fine since. Not sure what thats all about but it feels good to be back to normal. I guess hormones just eb and flow...who knows.

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
So many things can effect libido, stress, infections, virus, mental, etc...basically anything.