Setipiprant - Dosage and where to buy?

robot_hair

Reaction score
Hello,

I am very interested in trying Setipiprant. For those who don't know, here is some basic information on what Setipiprant is:

- Finasteride, Dutasteride, and RU58841 affect our DHT levels. This can cause erectile dysfunction and other unpleasant side effects.

- Setipiprant does not affect DHT, instead it affects PGD2. The hope is that Setipiprant may be effective without causing unpleasant side effects. (At least not dreaded erectile dysfunction).

- Setipiprant is owned by a company called Kythera. http://www.kythera.com/products/kyth-105-setipiprant/ Setipiprant is not technically available yet, so obtaining it does not appear to be particularly easy.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to obtain Setipiprant, other than from the now old group buy forum thread? It appears to be available here: http://www.keyorganics.net/bionet/setipiprant-mfcd23136043-c24h19fn2o3-1.html

2. Do we know what dosage one should use? (Either orally or topically)

I have read unsourced forum posts which suggest that there have been actual male pattern baldness studies done, which I hope list dosages as well as measured efficacy.

3. Where might one find these studies?

This is a quote I found on another forum, but because the author of this quote chose NOT to provide a source URL, this information should NOT be considered reliable in any way:

"This was an open-label, 2-period, 2-way crossover, randomized study in which 20 healthy women and men (1:1 ratio) received either 2 250-mg capsules or a 500-mg tablet of setipiprant. Subjects were between 18 and 45 years old, with a body mass index of 18.0 to 28.0 kg/m(2). Differences in pharmacokinetics of setipiprant formulations were explored overall and by sex."

4. Do we have any reports from real users yet?

I have found one or two forum threads in which people have started logs, but they have not had activity for one or two months.

I am at an excellent point to start Setipiprant, and log the results photographically. I have not used any products other than Minoxidil within the past year. I have used Finasteride in the past, but usually only for a month here and there.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am very interested in trying Setipiprant. For those who don't know, here is some basic information on what Setipiprant is:

- Finasteride, Dutasteride, and RU58841 affect our DHT levels. This can cause erectile dysfunction and other unpleasant side effects.

- Setipiprant does not affect DHT, instead it affects PGD2. The hope is that Setipiprant may be effective without causing unpleasant side effects. (At least not dreaded erectile dysfunction).

- Setipiprant is owned by a company called Kythera. http://www.kythera.com/products/kyth-105-setipiprant/ Setipiprant is not technically available yet, so obtaining it does not appear to be particularly easy.

Questions:

1. Is it possible to obtain Setipiprant, other than from the now old group buy forum thread? It appears to be available here: http://www.keyorganics.net/bionet/setipiprant-mfcd23136043-c24h19fn2o3-1.html

2. Do we know what dosage one should use? (Either orally or topically)

I have read unsourced forum posts which suggest that there have been actual male pattern baldness studies done, which I hope list dosages as well as measured efficacy.

3. Where might one find these studies?

This is a quote I found on another forum, but because the author of this quote chose NOT to provide a source URL, this information should NOT be considered reliable in any way:

4. Do we have any reports from real users yet?

I have found one or two forum threads in which people have started logs, but they have not had activity for one or two months.

I am at an excellent point to start Setipiprant, and log the results photographically. I have not used any products other than Minoxidil within the past year. I have used Finasteride in the past, but usually only for a month here and there.

Its an interesting , how did you find that website ? and the price is just 77 $ for 1mg , it looks good and easy to obtain , But I'm not sure about the source if its reliable or not . Any one?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its an interesting , how did you find that website ? and the price is just 77 $ for 1mg , it looks good and easy to obtain , But I'm not sure about the source if its reliable or not . Any one?

That site was actually mentioned in hellouser's thread about when Kythera acquired the rights to Setipiprant. The cost of 77$ per 1 mg of Setipiprant is obviously way too expensive than what most would be able to afford, especially if it requires more than that amount daily and even if it's a legitimate PGD2 inhibitor that will target the receptors in scalp hair follicles to treat genetic hair loss.

As of this post, none of us here are currently aware if Setipiprant will genuinely treat Androgenic Alopecia.

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
That site was actually mentioned in hellouser's thread about when Kythera acquired the rights to Setipiprant. The cost of 77$ per 1 mg of Setipiprant is obviously way too expensive than what most would be able to afford, especially if it requires more than that amount daily and even if it's a legitimate PGD2 inhibitor that will target the receptors in scalp hair follicles to treat genetic hair loss.

As of this post, none of us here are currently aware if Setipiprant will genuinely treat Androgenic Alopecia.

Hello Agustin , Thanks a lot for your clarification .

My only concern is The quality of seti we are looking for is not the same as Kythera and also the amount of dosage ,Do you think its better if we wait couple years more for Kythera or not?

scottfs

Reaction score
How come we've had no reports from people who have supposedly started using Setipiprant???

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
How come we've had no reports from people who have supposedly started using Setipiprant???

Looks they haven't get the stuff yet , after couple months , So nobody has started it yet.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

This is why I'm skeptical about all the excitement specifically for Seti. Don't get me wrong, I would love it to work and am interested in buying some. Of course it looks great in theory (as other hundreds of "cures" have) but I haven't seen any real world results, not even one user reporting success. Is there even any results from clinical trials where this was used to treat male pattern baldness?

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
This is why I'm skeptical about all the excitement specifically for Seti. Don't get me wrong, I would love it to work and am interested in buying some. Of course it looks great in theory (as other hundreds of "cures" have) but I haven't seen any real world results, not even one user reporting success. Is there even any results from clinical trials where this was used to treat male pattern baldness?

As I mentioned no body has try it yet ! So there is not any report !!! The first group buy shipment is still on the way.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any clinical results where it's been used to treat male pattern baldness?

it2wi

Reaction score
I might add two more questions for thought:

1. Setipiprant is an oral antagonist, which means that it is taken orally rather than applied topically (like OC000459). I have not come across any literature that says oral Seti effects (targets) only the scalp. Why is this important? Because we have PGD2 receptors in other parts of our bodies, such as the prostate. Do we know if oral Seti doesn't effect these other receptors? If this is the case, I am sure Kythera would modify the Seti to target only the scalp..

2. If we are not sure that the Seti we have access to is modified to only effect the scalp, has the viability of topical application been confirmed? From what I have read, since Seti is designed for oral use, topical application will not be effective.

Homer J

Reaction score
Hey Clearvision, if you still have Seti I'd like to buy some. Apparently I can't PM. Are you able to PM me?