seems to be a losing battle....

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
im so sick of the roller coaster. one day, i think my hair looks ok. the next 2, i think my hair has no life and the baldness is really starting to show. ive been on propecia for about 10 months, nizoral and t-gel for the same amount of time....every time i think things are starting to turn around, i have a night like tonight....i lightly pull at my hair and out comes 1 or 2 each time. i think im starting to get a bald patch in the back, but im so terrified i cant even look. im 26 years old and do nothing but think about my hair constantly. ive been sleeping more just so i dont have to think about it.

part of me thinks its time for some minoxidil, but not only do i not know what to get, but i dont know how i should apply - just on the crown or all over? im guessing i wont be able to style my hair like i usually do - shower, gel, blow dry. can i do all that then put the minoxidil in?

god how i pray for HM. it seems like my only hope. 2 years ago i would have laughed about losing my hair - it was never going to happen. the thought never even crossed my mind. like the song says "when i was young i didnt think about it, now i cant get it out of my mind"...

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Hey man,
I feel for you.

Half-way during your post, I was thinking about commenting, "Maybe you should add some minoxidil."

Rogaine has really made a visual difference in my hair.

It doesn't affect your hairstyle.

It works synergistically with Propecia to help enhance regrowth.

As far as hairloss being a rollercoaster ride, I know exactly what you mean. One day, I'll be very happy with my hair and the particular style of which I chose to wear. The next, I'll be absolutely miserable if I see a couple hairs in the shower, and/or hairs after styling my hair.

The very few things we have to combat this disease: Finasteride, Dutasteride, Minoxidil, Ketoconazole, Copper Peptides, topical Spiroactalone, etc...

For some, they work wonders; for others, nothing.

Whether or not treatments work for you, keep in mind that having a healthy mind is the only way to cope with hairloss... All these anxieties, stresses, and worries we have in our lives are merely holding us back... keeping us from attaining our true goals.

I'll readily admit that hairloss has and is destroying my life, and at only 21 years old, it has significantly impacted the way I think, feel, and carry myself.

I know that treatments will only keep my frontal hair for a few more years... At which time, hopefully hair multiplication or some form of hair cloning will come out... I'm very optimistic it will. (knocking on wood, :) )

But if it doesn't, then I will get a hair transplant with Armani, or maybe even H&W, but probably Armani. I've done a lot of research into this.

Nothing bothers me more in the shitty life I have than seeing other people like me being destroyed by a society that ridicules the balding man.

Well, there's not much we can do except to keep out chins up, procede with treatment or whichever path we might choose (transplant, toupee, etc), learn to cope, accept it, and eventually be happy.

We all have a purpose for being here on this earth...

I'm starting to realize that I've wasted precious time in my youth on these foolish human desires...

I once set out to be a great writer... I've read a million essays, and written a number of works that have been published in local school newspapers, but I am only recently getting back into it. Throughout years of drug abuse, I suppose that I've rendered myself a bit retarded and dumb in some aspects, and I have many regrets... I'm only 21 years old, and I've denied myself the fact that I have regrets, but I do. Writing, for me, is a tranquility I'll never trade. That and my guitar... I love to sing and write music, but I'm not much of a singer...

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that, even though things might seem very bad, and even unmaneagable right now, that at the end of this struggle, there is a REASON for everything. You will understand your hairloss in a different light. The REASON I venture onto these Impact of Hairloss Discussions is for emotional resolution. The REASON I seek the advice of others in the other forums is for treatment resolution. And the REASON I help others is for PEACE OF MIND.

For the person who never loses hair, he/she has no appreciation for the lives that we live, or the courage that it takes to pursue a meaningful life in a society that finds the balding men unacceptable.

No one really understands our pain, except each other.

So, if you're ever in Las Vegas, let's get some beers, hookers, and blow, and forget about this whole hairloss problem.

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Hey man,
I feel for you.

Half-way during your post, I was thinking about commenting, "Maybe you should add some minoxidil."

Rogaine has really made a visual difference in my hair.

It doesn't affect your hairstyle.

It works synergistically with Propecia to help enhance regrowth.

As far as hairloss being a rollercoaster ride, I know exactly what you mean. One day, I'll be very happy with my hair and the particular style of which I chose to wear. The next, I'll be absolutely miserable if I see a couple hairs in the shower, and/or hairs after styling my hair.

The very few things we have to combat this disease: Finasteride, Dutasteride, Minoxidil, Ketoconazole, Copper Peptides, topical Spiroactalone, etc...

For some, they work wonders; for others, nothing.

Whether or not treatments work for you, keep in mind that having a healthy mind is the only way to cope with hairloss... All these anxieties, stresses, and worries we have in our lives are merely holding us back... keeping us from attaining our true goals.

I'll readily admit that hairloss has and is destroying my life, and at only 21 years old, it has significantly impacted the way I think, feel, and carry myself.

I know that treatments will only keep my frontal hair for a few more years... At which time, hopefully hair multiplication or some form of hair cloning will come out... I'm very optimistic it will. (knocking on wood, :) )

But if it doesn't, then I will get a hair transplant with Armani, or maybe even H&W, but probably Armani. I've done a lot of research into this.

Nothing bothers me more in the shitty life I have than seeing other people like me being destroyed by a society that ridicules the balding man.

Well, there's not much we can do except to keep out chins up, procede with treatment or whichever path we might choose (transplant, toupee, etc), learn to cope, accept it, and eventually be happy.

We all have a purpose for being here on this earth...

I'm starting to realize that I've wasted precious time in my youth on these foolish human desires...

I once set out to be a great writer... I've read a million essays, and written a number of works that have been published in local school newspapers, but I am only recently getting back into it. That and my guitar... I love to sing and write music, but I'm not much of a singer...

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that, even though things might seem very bad, and even unmaneagable right now, that at the end of this struggle, there is a REASON for everything. You will understand your hairloss in a different light.

For the person who never loses hair, he/she has no appreciation for the lives that we live, or the courage that it takes to pursue a meaningful life in a society that finds the balding men unacceptable.

No one really understands our pain, except each other.

So, if you're ever in Las Vegas, let's get some beers, hookers, and blow, and forget about this whole hairloss problem.

thanks for the comments man....any encouragement always helps. im just afraid to start the minoxidil...everyone b****s about what a pain it is to use...im already showing up for my job almost an hour late everyday...and minoxidil and ill have to get up another 30 mins early! small price to pay if it gets some hair back, i guess. i guess im just curious to see how it will affect my daily routine...like i said, if i could just put it in my hair before i leave, id be happy with that...

while ive never been a casanova, ive always been able to get a girl, as long as i can start talking to her. id like to think im a bit above average...6'0, 210, fairly athletic...not gonna turn girls heads, but not bad. with that being said, i always told myself that once i was out of college and had a good job, thats when the ladies would start coming. im 26, have my masters, close to my CPA, if i become a partner at my firm one day ill be making 6 figures...right as i started to feel good about myself, i get sacked with male pattern baldness. most people cant really tell yet, but its getting close...just knowing whats coming takes the wind out of my sails. at 26, even with a full head of hair, finding ms. right gets harder. add male pattern baldness, and it makes things that much more difficult.

i realize that all we can do is accept what weve been dealt and try to be happy....but i dont want to try, i want to BE happy. im with you...im optimistic about HM...but worry that it may not be here in time to help. ive thought about the hair transplant (a good friend already had one through MHR - looks pretty good, actually), but due to the diffuse thinning and looking at my 60 yr old uncle, i think everything will be very thin when its all said and done.

for all the help and encouragement you give on here, you should be a counselor or something. you do try to help a lot of people, and youre pretty good at it. now if only youd let them help you! (ive seen some of your legendary rants :freaked2: )

if nothing else, typing this is therapeutic....im sure when i read it over everything will seem random as all hell...but i was going somewhere with it when i typed it... :lol:

G

It's a very hard battle.

I feel this sh*t each day.

I think if we can ever win this battle, we will be unbeatable in all areas of our life.

Goingat20

Reaction score
i agree, the only people that ever win the battle are those who respond best to treatment...thats very rare