Seems Like Dutasteride Doesn't Work For People All That Well

harey

Established Member
Reaction score
I seem to read a lot of posts like this one:

"Well, a lot of people have taken it without success, and very few that I've heard of have gotten results. It also seems that those who have gotten results, have had really great results. While the unfortunate have claimed that it ate their hairline."

Now, I'm about to order Duprost from United Pharmacies in the next week or so, 100 pills, and I'll ride out a shed (or sheds). In fact, I think if it screws up my hairline, it'll be a good sign, but I'm a little scared that it won't work. I know there's only one way to find out, but I had very little loss before starting Proscar and minoxidil, and it seems like my hair got slightly worse in the past year. My small bald spot has only increased, and the surrounding hair is definitely thinner over there. my hairlines is in good shape, but if I hold all my hair back and then let it cascade, there's obvious diffuse thinning. My hair is thick, so no one can tell yet, but it's coming.

I also know that people who have tremendous success with dutasteride. probably won't come back here much, but I was so hopeful with this stuff before, and it seems like I shouldn't expect anything.

everysixseconds

Established Member
Reaction score
ive had moderate success 7 months down the line...still expecting more. for the first 5 months, hair actually looked worse, but now other people agree its lookin healthier ie some general thickening. hairline is till in pretty bad shape, left temple has recovered back to nice nw1 (but all of the density is still not back) but right temple is at nw2 with worse density, ie visibly thinning still (i have had only a marginal imrpovement on the right temple, but thats cos male pattern baldness hit it far worse)

Goingat20

Reaction score
dutasteride should be last resort if finasteride isnt working. Good luck

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
everysixseconds said:
ive had moderate success 7 months down the line...still expecting more. for the first 5 months, hair actually looked worse, but now other people agree its lookin healthier ie some general thickening. hairline is till in pretty bad shape, left temple has recovered back to nice nw1 (but all of the density is still not back) but right temple is at nw2 with worse density, ie visibly thinning still (i have had only a marginal imrpovement on the right temple, but thats cos male pattern baldness hit it far worse)

thats very good
where were you on the norwood scale before treatments ?
do you have any before and after pics ?

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My hairloss has basically halted since starting dutasteride. I count that as a success.