Saw Palmetto

System34

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how many MG of Saw Palmetto daily is good for hair loss?Do alot of you guys use it?Has anyone seen results from it?I read posts on depression associated with Saw Palmetto and I am one depressed person but I thought I would give it a try.I use minoxidil 5% 1 time before bedtime and use Nizoral every other day.I am thinking about trying Propecia again but I hate the thought of side effects.I quit it the first time because of sexual side effects.I have a decent amount of hair with a little receding on the sides of my front hairline.Any advice would be great.

Stingray

Reaction score
Ahhhh! Now you got it!

Me and XL use 320mg daily (2 separate doses at 160mg each)

Now, you gotta be sure you get the right stuff. Saw palmetto berries, or berry powder is a waste of money. You gotta make sure you get the ones that are in gelcap form and say something to this effect. "Saw palmetto extract standardized for 85%-95% fatty acids and biologically active sterols." Anything else is just worthless. The good part is that you can get like a 2 month supply for 8 bucks.

There's no significant proof that it helps with hair loss, but it IS an active DHT blocker and has been shown to aid in BPH. Anything that can help with the prostate enlargement hopefully can help with the hair. We believe that it's useful in conjunction with finasteride to sop up any remaining excess DHT.

Good luck.

G

I used it for years. Did nothing for me. Propecia is the real deal on the oral DHT front.

Stingray

Reaction score
You use it COMBINED with propecia brucey?

G

Stingray said:
You use it COMBINED with propecia brucey?

No, I see no need to as my results are now fine. Moreover, on a subjective basis, the SP seems to contribute to depression, as least it seemed so in my case.

I have seen that latter issue come up on this website, but frankly have no research to back it up.

Stingray

Reaction score
I can understand. It's not doing anything BAD for me, so I'll continue using it until I either die, or it doesn't work.

G

Stingray said:
I can understand. It's not doing anything BAD for me, so I'll continue using it until I either die, or it doesn't work.

Lets hope you die anytime soon! You should be fine if you dont take 35 G of creatine and have an internal organ burst!!!!!!!!!

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
BruceLee said:
Lets hope you die anytime soon! You should be fine if you dont take 35 G of creatine and have an internal organ burst!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry Bruce, he doesn't come in here because all his treatments are "proven". I got yo back anyways...

XL

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
xzellerate said:
BruceLee said:

Don't worry Bruce, he doesn't come in here because all his treatments are "proven". I got yo back anyways...

XL

are you referring to me? this has gotten very lame, give it up. thank you

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Healthy Nick said:
are you referring to me? this has gotten very lame, give it up. thank you

Nick, if your statements would be half as hypothetically correct as they should be, maybe people would refrain from such "lame" responses. Come on man, anybody should know that powder substances metabolize in the liver, and when the liver rejects an excess of a substance, the rest of the organs remain a target, it's anatomically logical. You just exaggerated the word overboard my friend...

XL

G

BruceLee said:
Stingray said:

Sorry, The above should have read "Lets hope that you DONT die anytime soon!"

Stingray

Reaction score
Oh, I was gonna say. You made me cry!

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
sad-smiley-024.gif

G

Healthy Nick said:
exzellerate, get of off my case. let me tell you, you don't want me on yours.... :twisted:

Sounds like a threat?

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Healthy Nick said:
exzellerate, get of off my case. let me tell you, you don't want me on yours.... :twisted:

Nick3K, I made a constructive comment regarding the metabolic process of powdered substances within the human body, and I'm being a threat to you? The emoticon I posted was in response to Stingray's comment about crying, and I had even forgotten about your post. What's the deal bro?

XL