Saw Palmetto, my story

NG

Reaction score
First I am 51 years old. Had a great head of hair up to about age 45, then it started thinning. Father was bald at age 35, 3 brothers all younger than me, bald. At age 51 still have a decent head of hair although not as great as when I was in my late 30s to early 40s and younger.
I can only attribute this to saw palmetto which i started taking at age 43 to prevent an enlarged prostate. I also color my hair and have been doing so since I was 17 so apparlently hair dye does not harm hair. Now along with saw palmetto , (I take 2 169mg of standarzied SP berry eash day), I am also a fersh garlic eater, at least 6 cloves a day. (don't know if this has anything to do with hair but garlic does have a high sulfer content and amino acids which the body converts to nitro oxide which stimulates hair to go into a grow stage. Have also started shampooing with head and shoulders which contains zinc,
Daily:
saw palmetto 160mg standarzied capsules-2xday
garlic-5 to 10 fresh cloves.
green tea-one cap. a day.
multi vitamin.
alpha-lipoic acid-1 a day.
omega 3 fish oil-3xday

Well I hope this helps someone.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
NG said:
First I am 51 years old. Had a great head of hair up to about age 45, then it started thinning. Father was bald at age 35, 3 brothers all younger than me, bald. At age 51 still have a decent head of hair although not as great as when I was in my late 30s to early 40s and younger.
I can only attribute this to saw palmetto which i started taking at age 43 to prevent an enlarged prostate. I also color my hair and have been doing so since I was 17 so apparlently hair dye does not harm hair. Now along with saw palmetto , (I take 2 169mg of standarzied SP berry eash day), I am also a fersh garlic eater, at least 6 cloves a day. (don't know if this has anything to do with hair but garlic does have a high sulfer content and amino acids which the body converts to nitro oxide which stimulates hair to go into a grow stage. Have also started shampooing with head and shoulders which contains zinc,
Daily:
saw palmetto 160mg standarzied capsules-2xday
garlic-5 to 10 fresh cloves.
green tea-one cap. a day.
multi vitamin.
alpha-lipoic acid-1 a day.
omega 3 fish oil-3xday

Well I hope this helps someone.

Thanks for your usefull input NG. I have also had great benefits using Saw palmetto in the same dosage you are currently on. Good luck.

XL