Saw Palmetto: BEWARE

Reaction score
Guys. If you are on saw palmetto, be careful! This stuff has no studies proving that it helps hair loss. It is a snake oil and it changes your body's hormones in a way that can even promote shedding.

I was on both propecia and saw palmetto for a while and saw nothing but increased shedding. I used them together for 5 months. I decided to stop saw palmetto. A few weeks after stopping it, my shedding has nearly stopped, and I am starting to see regrowth 5 weeks later.

Please anyone who is on SP or thinking about going on SP, be cautioned. It doesn't benefit you, and may even cause harm when taken in conjuntion with finasteride.

For Goodness sakes, take propecia, not Saw Palmetto!

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
Saw Palmetto theoretically reduces DHT, but it also theoretically increases testosterone

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
And has no evidence backing it as a hair loss treatment.

HairLossTalk.com

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
YoungandBalding said:
Guys. If you are on saw palmetto, be careful! This stuff has no studies proving that it helps hair loss. It is a snake oil and it changes your body's hormones in a way that can even promote shedding.

I was on both propecia and saw palmetto for a while and saw nothing but increased shedding. I used them together for 5 months. I decided to stop saw palmetto. A few weeks after stopping it, my shedding has nearly stopped, and I am starting to see regrowth 5 weeks later.

Please anyone who is on SP or thinking about going on SP, be cautioned. It doesn't benefit you, and may even cause harm when taken in conjuntion with finasteride.

hey asskisser, first off, you provide zero evidence or reliable info, so your judgement of saw palmetto falls on deaf ears, atleast for anybody with 3 brain cells working.

that being said, Hairlosstalk has made a sticky locked topic about this, and I'll stick to that. Goodbye

Reaction score
Hey now :cry: I am just posting my experience with it. All I want to do is help other people not make the same mistake I did. I too used to take saw palmetto because I thought it might inhibit the DHT left over after propecia had inhibited most of it. How little I knew 6 months ago...

Oh well, I am sad to have angered someone with this thread. In the future I will refrain from commenting about other people's regimine's unless they expressedly ask for comment. See you all later and good luck guys.

Cassin

Reaction score
Healthy Nick said:
YoungandBalding said:

hey asskisser, first off, you provide zero evidence or reliable info, so your judgement of saw palmetto falls on deaf ears, atleast for anybody with 3 brain cells working.

that being said, Hairlosstalk has made a sticky locked topic about this, and I'll stick to that. Goodbye

Hey jackass, do some research. Name a single study that proves SP does anything for male pattern baldness. How can you call him an asskisser for siding up with HairLossTalk.com? He simply agrees with him!

Give it a rest man, so everyone that believes SP is useless is kissing *** to HairLossTalk.com?

Use your brain..............

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not talking about saw palmetto, I'm talking about how this guy made a weak thread about saw palmetto as soon HairLossTalk.com just posted a thread about saw palmetto. It was purely an asskissing move, and I called it out.