Saw Palmetto and Propecia shed

Dreamatek

Reaction score
Is it possible that Saw Palmetto can make your hair shed as an adverse reaction to a small percentage of people like myself. I ask because I do remember taking it last year for like 4 months, and my shedding increased just a little. Probably male pattern baldness. I just got off Propecia because I started shedding even more weeks after taking it. Took it for 3 and a half months and by that time I was losing 80+ (somedays 120+), I lost a third of my hair on top and it's not growing, nor do I expect it to for awhile.
Since some compare Saw Palmetto to Propecia in the way it works. It may be a good idea to stay away from it? No?

G

Dreamatek said:
Is it possible that Saw Palmetto can make your hair shed as an adverse reaction to a small percentage of people like myself. I ask because I do remember taking it last year for like 4 months, and my shedding increased just a little. Probably male pattern baldness. I just got off Propecia because I started shedding even more weeks after taking it. Took it for 3 and a half months and by that time I was losing 80+ (somedays 120+), I lost a third of my hair on top and it's not growing, nor do I expect it to for awhile.
Since some compare Saw Palmetto to Propecia in the way it works. It may be a good idea to stay away from it? No?

Probably a better reason to stay away from Saw Palmetto is that it has never been proven to work in combatting male pattern baldness. At the same time, it has been reported (on this site) to cause finasteride-like side effects.

Hence, you have the worst of all worlds. Having said that, SP has been proven to be effective against enlarged prostate in Europeon stuides.

So it is good for something.

Good luck